Author's Chapter Notes:
Oh, look. Update! Much thanks to my TWO wonderful betas: dawnofme and EveryLastDrop over at BSV. Dawn also made me an AWESOME BANNER.

A huge thanks too to everyone who reviewed. When I feel crappy, which has been happening a lot lately, I read all your reviews so THANK YOU for making me happy. :)

Also, Angel and Joyce WILL find out. Not just yet though.
“I want blood.”

All four slowly glanced up at Buffy who, at that moment, seemed to be as pale as Spike. Her eyes wandered the room, not knowing what to focus on after her declaration. She’d been craving blood since she’d started to feel what Spike was feeling a few days ago and wanted to keep it to herself. She’d tried to ignore it at first, thinking it was nothing, but then as the days passed by, the want became stronger. She had deliberately bit her tongue the night before just so she could keep her blood lust at bay, but that didn’t help.

She’d finally decided to tell everyone because she needed that metallic taste in her mouth badly – she needed help. Judging by the looks on their faces though, she had been right about keeping it to herself. “I'm kidding,” she chuckled dryly and everyone exhaled in unison, mumbling with pure relief about how much she’d freaked them out.

Spike on the other hand only studied her. He knew, or rather felt, that she was lying. He watched her pretend to read the book in front of her, but anyone with half a brain could tell that she was worried, scared, probably disgusted and disappointed in the people whom she called friends; if only they took the time to pay attention to her.

The day went by much like it had for the past couple of days: research, more research, lunch, research, and then everyone would go home and Buffy would tie him to the tub – which he’d started to like.

And despite liking their nightly routine, what she and the Scoobies had planned that night was much more interesting and hopefully fun. The last few days of sexual tension had been killing him. He reckoned his pants would eventually just pop open from all the strain at its seams.

“Are you taking Spike home tonight?” Giles asked as everyone got ready to leave that night.

“Yes,” Buffy said, barely able to contain her excitement as she spoke.

The thought of being alone with Spike for a night was nerve racking and the night should prove to be pretty interesting since she’d been really aroused every time he was in the freakin’ room – which was all the freakin’ time. She didn’t know if it was just him being aroused and her feeling it or if she was actually aroused. It was probably both.

“I’ll be fine,” she insisted when Giles gave her a worried look. She glanced over at Spike who was talking to Xander – or more like arguing. It was surprising that the two hadn’t killed each other yet. It probably had something to do with the fact that Xander couldn’t do anything to Spike since she’d feel everything.

“Are you sure?” Giles followed her gaze when he saw a tiny cur.l at her lips and just as he thought, she was looking at Spike. Often more times than not, he was pretty much out of the loop. But this thing with Spike and Buffy – everyone noticed it.

“Spike’s bothered you enough. Anyway, he’s my problem so I have to deal with his annoying little ass.”

Spike spun around at the mention of his name and his arse, and then squinted at Buffy. “My arse is not little. It’s perfect.”

Buffy sighed heavily when Giles gave her a meaningful look. It was going to be one long night. “Where’s that gag?”

+~+~+~+~+~+


“Just so we’re clear, the only reason I'm letting you stay here is because you’re my mess, and I need to keep an eye on you,” she whispered loudly as she closed her bedroom door behind her.

”Can't keep your eyes off my hot, tight body, can you?” Spike emphasized what he meant by running his hand from the middle of his chest down to the waistband of his pants; quite like the way he did when he barged into the school during that one parent–teacher night. Buffy had noticed how hot he was then, even with his wrinkled and lumpy vamp face, and even in the face of possible death. His repetition of that exact gesture did nothing to relieve Buffy of her want for him.

“You wish,” she snorted.

Oddly enough, the disappointment Buffy felt told her that he actually did. He sauntered closer to her, pulling something out of his pocket. Buffy was actually scared even if she knew he couldn't hurt her because everything she’d feel, he would feel as well. Strangely, he pulled out a bag of blood and handed it to her. “Why are you giving me this?” She arched a brow questioningly.

Spike had not forgotten the incident that afternoon, and he had told himself that he would give his nightly snack to Buffy. Why? He had no idea. “The whelp gave it to me before we left. It’s still fresh. Figured you'd want it,” he shrugged, forcing nonchalance into his voice even if he was rather worried about her blood lust.

Buffy had been hoping that everyone had forgotten about the whole ‘I want blood’ thing. She laughed nervously and said “I was kidd-”

“And don’t give me that ‘I’m kidding’ crap.” Spike put a hand up and stopped her denial. “I can tell you were lying. I can feel everything you’re feeling, remember?”

“Don’t remind me.” She sighed heavily, looking at the bag of blood in her hands. “Thanks. I guess,” she mumbled. A smile tore at Spike’s lips even though she still couldn’t give him proper gratitude. “I-It doesn’t gross you out?” she asked, gazing up at him, and he gave her a pointed look. “I mean, yeah, you’re a vampire and you’re used to drinking blood but…”

“Seems kind of hot if you ask me,” he said seriously.

“That’s because you’re gross and a vampire,” she kidded and made no attempt to hide the grin that crept on her face. “I’m just gonna…” she pointed a thumb to the door, smiled at him sheepishly and went out of her room.

Spike almost wanted to stake himself for feeling what he was feeling. He was actually enjoying the Slayer’s company and actually wanted her. The first few days of taunting were of nothing but pure interest and mockery but lately, he felt as if he’d said all those things because he’d wanted something to happen. He wasn’t making suggestive remarks just for the heck of it and just to watch Buffy squirm and be all speechless anymore. He really wanted her.


Buffy couldn’t believe she was pouring blood into a cup for herself . It was absolutely insane. “Here goes.” She took small sips at first, her face in a grimace, but soon, she slurped hungrily until she drank every bit of the blood.

When she returned to her room, she found Spike lying on the bed sans coat and boots, his arms folded behind his head.

She folded her arms over her chest and eyed him with an arched brow. “What do you think you're doing?” she asked when Spike opened his eyes and saw her.

With a smug smirk, he answered, “Getting comfy on the bed.”

“No, no, no, no, no,” she clucked as she walked over to her bed. “You're sleeping on the floor, mister.” She then grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him up, shoving him a little bit further from her. Spike being close wasn’t a good thing.

She crawled into the bed, tucked herself under the covers and tossed him a pillow.

“You can’t be serious.” He scowled at her, hands at his hips and lips pursed.

“Goodnight, Spike.”

The muscles in his jaw ticked as he watched her snuggle up to her pillows, still with a teasing smile on her beautiful face. Sighing in defeat, Spike moved to lie down on the floor. “Can't be worse than the tub,” he grumbled.

Buffy stifled a laugh as she watched Spike toss and turn on the floor. “Mmm bed...”

“Shut it.”

And for about two minutes, she did. He finally stopped shifting, settling it a position and relaxing into the silence, until Buffy broke it. “Soft, comfy beeeedddd…”

“That’s it,” he huffed and got up, bouncing into the bed beside her.

“Hey! Get off!” she exclaimed, though she did nothing to move away from him or push him off.

“Nope. I’m staying right here.” He then moved into the position he’d been in before Buffy had entered her room.

“Spike. I mean it,” she said firmly, raising her voice a bit to intimidate him.

Spike smiled even wider from the agitation in her voice. “Shush, Slayer. Your mom might wake up and catch me in here.”

He was mocking her. Clearly, he was. The tone of his voice and the goofy expression on his face said it all. He could care less if Joyce saw him in Buffy’s room in the middle of the night.

He was still right though. “You’re not even going to sleep,” she whispered loudly.

“I am. Researching’s bloody tiring.”

“And really boring,” she added.

“Yeah,” he chuckled. “I don’t know how you put up with it.”

“Oh, I don’t usually do research. I mostly just do the ass kicking.”

They shared an amused moment, each laughing bashfully, until they became fully aware of the proximity of the other and more so of how comfortable they were with it. The intensity of the other’s eyes weighed down on them, pushing them to give in to their desires. Spike gave in first. He shifted his head closer to hers, his lips almost brushing against her pursed ones. When she didn’t make any move and only continued to intently gaze at him, he leaned in for a tentative kiss.

The taste of blood and Buffy drove him crazy to the point that he knew he wasn’t supposed to be doing what he was doing. Pulling away from each other just after a second with their widened eyes trained on the other.

Spike looked away first. God only knew why the hell he was feeling shy. Shy! Around the Slayer, even. He was going mad.

“Must be the claim,” he mumbled, the words reverberating in his mind as he tried to convince himself it was the truth. But it wasn’t.

Buffy blinked twice as she tried to control the butterflies in her stomach. It wasn’t arousal, this thing she was feeling. It wasn’t about sex. It was something different.

“Definitely.” She swallowed hard from the thought as she shifted on the bed to lay on her back.

Both stared at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep or even move after what happened.

It would be a very long night.

+~+~+~+~+~+


It felt weird. Spike was actually smiling at her; a genuine, slightly sweet smile. Not a smug or sleazy one. And she actually smiled back at him.

“Oz still hasn’t returned my calls,” Willow said quietly, bringing Buffy out of her thoughts of Spike as she stared at him. The two girls were at the dining table, Xander and Giles were sitting on the couch and Spike was sitting on the stairs. “All fifty of them.”

“I’m sorry, Will. I’m sure he’ll come around. Besides, school starts tomorrow and you’ll get to see him then, right?” Buffy said cheerily, in the hope of cheering her friend up.

“I just hope he talks to me. I’ve already prepped for groveling and begging,” Willow pouted. Buffy only smiled sympathetically at her and patted her back. As selfish as it was, she was too concerned with what was happening between her and Spike.

A few silence-filled minutes later, Xander spoke again. “If we find some way to undo this curse--”

“Claim,” Buffy corrected Xander, not glancing up from the book before her.

“Claim,” Xander continued begrudgingly. “You’ll leave Sunnydale, right?”

The question caught Buffy’s attention and she glanced up, immediately turning to Spike.

“Well…” Spike had wanted to leave Sunnydale. That had been the plan. But he wasn’t so sure anymore. “I suppose.”

“Great.” Xander enthusiastically went back to reading. Spike gave a slight smile to Buffy when he saw her lips forming a thin line and her brows furrowing as she wrung her hands.

A few more hours of page flipping, some slight humming, paper rustling, some murmuring and clearing of throats and Xander jumped up from his seat. He waved one hand around for everyone's attention, his mouth open as he focused on the text he had in the other. “I found something!” he exclaimed.


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews make me happy. So please make me happy. Especially since my Final exams are coming up. Yikes! :D