Chapter 4

Buffy sat in Mr. Pratt’s class, a bored expression on her face. Usually she got excited at the thought of seeing him, but now realized that he didn’t seem to be all that special, no more than any other man. She fiddled with the medallion that she wore under her shirt, never knowing just when it would come in handy. Spike could take over the school for all she knew. The bell finally rang and Buffy couldn’t wait to get out of there, collecting up her books and following the rest of the students out of the room, stopping at the sound of Mr. Pratt’s voice.

“Miss Summers, could you come here for a moment?”

Buffy sighed in annoyance and headed over to his desk. “What is it?”

He was surprised by her callousness, usually used to her beaming smile at the thought of being near him. “I just wanted to let you know that I have a free period now, if you want to meet me later in our spot. I’m sure you can make up some excuse to get out of your next class.”

“Education is very important, Mr. Pratt. I think I’m gonna have to pass, but I’m sure you can find someone else to take my place.”

William was stunned as he watched her walk away; bringing his hand to his mouth and breathing into it, making sure that his breath was still minty fresh.


* * * * *


“Help, that man is stealing my purse!”

A superhero’s job is never done.

Porn Girl swooped in out of nowhere, tripping the thug and watching in satisfaction as he fell flat on his face. She snatched up the purse and handed it back over to the woman, who took it with a smile of gratitude, then hurried away. Porn Girl turned back to the fallen man, picking him up with one hand and holding him in the air. “I’ve never seen such a pathetic display in my life, but I think I’ll let the police deal with you.” She pulled out her very own cuffs, confused by his sudden giggle.

“Fuzzy pink handcuffs?”

She scowled at him and cuffed his hands together. “They go with my outfit, okay?”

He licked his lips, staring her up and down. “You know you don’t really wanna hand me over to the coppers. I can show you a good time. I know what you’re all about.”

Porn Girl rolled her eyes. “Please, you repulse me. Let’s go, buddy.”


* * * * *


He came out from the shadows, clapping his hands at her performance.

“Nice work, love.”

Porn Girl groaned in irritation. She just handed the thief over to the cops, and now she had to deal with him. Her day was officially complete. “Stalking me now, Spike? That’s really sad.”

He moved closer to her. “I can’t help it; your beauty just draws me in like a moth to a flame. I want to be a better man. What do you say? Would you give me a chance?”

She rolled her eyes for what felt like the millionth time that night. “You are so full of shit.”

Spike gave her a leer. “I would rather be full of you.”

Porn Girl held her head up high. “Things are going to be different from now on. You don’t have the same affect on me that you once did. I think there’s a nice cell in the police station with your name on it.”

As Spike moved closer, he could tell that she wasn’t bluffing. Something was definitely off. He would be able to sense her arousal the second he got near her, but now he sensed nothing. It was like she wasn’t attracted to him at all anymore. Spike scoffed at just the idea of that. No, that couldn’t be it. There was magic involved here, and he was determined to put an end to it. “What hocus pocus is this? Did you find a witch and get her to put a spell on you that would make you stop wanting me? You know that won’t keep forever, pet. You’ll crave me again; it’s only a matter of time.”

She faked a yawn. “Bored now,” and with that said, she vanished right before his eyes.

Spike clenched his fists at his side. “Oh, you will crave me again, darling. I’ll see to that.”


* * * * *


“Jenny, you are a genius. The medallion worked like a charm. I was face to face with Spike, and I didn’t feel anything for him.”

She smiled in praise. “It’s good to know that I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.”

A frown then formed on Buffy’s face. “There’s something I’m still confused about, though. Are you sure it’s only supposed to work on Spike?”

Jenny nodded. “Of course, why do you ask?”

Buffy shrugged. “It’s just that I don’t seem to want Mr. Pratt anymore, either. He even asked me to meet him in our secret spot, but I turned him down. I’ve never done that before.”

Jenny thought about it. “Well, maybe the spell didn’t work as well as I thought. I’ll look into it, but the important thing is that it works on Spike.”

Buffy smiled now. “It was great; you should have seen the look on his face. He’s probably never even handled rejection before.”

That thought worried her. Jenny knew what Spike was all about. He loved to get his way and had one of the worst tempers ever. Wherever Spike was right now, he was probably beyond pissed.


* * * * *


“Give me another one.”

The bartender shook his head and poured another glass. “You sure you haven’t had enough already, man?”

Spike glared at him. “Shut your fucking gob, I didn’t ask for your opinion.”

He held his hands up and went to deal with some of the other customers.

Spike gulped down his Bourbon all in one go, slamming the glass back down. He turned his head to notice two girls staring at him, giggling when they caught him looking. A smirk formed on his face, the night wouldn’t be a complete waste after all.


* * * * *


He lit a cigarette, gazing at his handy work.

“Please, just let us go.”

Spike grinned at the pleading girl; both were tied to the motel bed, completely naked. He gave them the shagging of their lives, then took all of their belongings and left them in that position. “You really brought this upon yourselves, you know that? You girls should know better than to go off with a complete stranger, especially a criminal mastermind such as myself. Don’t you watch the news?”

The blonde on the left gave out a whimper. “We don’t have a TV.”

He laughed. “How the fuck can you live without a telly? You deserve whatever the hell you get, then. I’ll just be off now, have pressing matters to attend to.”

The other girl pulled at the ropes. “You can’t just leave us like this.”

Spike put his shirt on, grabbing his things and taking what little money they had, giving them one more look. “The room is paid for, someone will find you soon enough. It’s been fun, ladies,” with a wink, he left the room, smiling at the screams that followed after him.