Author's Chapter Notes:
hope you like it!!!
Chapter 6: Hanging With The Younger Crowd


It had been a little over two weeks since Joyce had given into Buffy and Spike’s relationship, and things had been going great. Buffy would still go see Joyce for her appointments, but kept all the sex talk to herself. Buffy was noticing that Joyce was starting to see a change in her son for the better. He definitely cared about her more than any other woman he had ever been with, and Joyce was silently thankful to the thirty-six year old blonde that had entered his life.

Buffy was hesitant about meeting Spike’s friends because they were so much younger than herself. Of course her boyfriend told her she had nothing to worry about and held her hand supportively as they walked into the Pub.

Spike pointed out his friends, and led her to a table with two guys and four girls. “Hey guys…” he shook hands with the guys and gave friendly hugs to the girls. “Everyone I want you to meet Buffy, my girlfriend.” he beamed.

Buffy happened to look over at him as Spike introduced her. She saw the face-splitting grin he gave and felt her heart swell. “Hey…it’s great to meet you all.” Buffy stated giving a small wave. She felt a little awkward at first, meeting a bunch of new people…younger new people.

Spike started pointing everyone out. “Uh, this is Xander and his girlfriend Anya, Fred and her boyfriend Gunn…it’s his last name don’t let him make you think anything else. And of course my best friend Willow and her girl Tara.” He winked at Willow as he introduced her. “Me and Wills grew up together.”

Willow nodded her head. “Yup, so if you ever want to know any of William’s dirty secrets than I’m the gal you want to talk to.” the red head said proudly as she held Tara’s hand over the table.

Buffy turned Spike and smiled slyly. “Dirty secrets huh? Anything I should know about?” she asked poking him in the side.

“In time, luv.” Spike said glaring at Willow as he pulled out a chair for Buffy to sit in. He took the seat next to her and placed a hand on her bare thigh. “So who do I talk to, to get a drink around here?” Spike said loudly as a flash of long dark hair passed by him.

The woman turned around and stormed back to the table, slugging Spike playfully on the shoulder. “Hey buddy, was wondering if you were gonna stop by tonight.” Her deep red lips turned to a smirk. “Who’s the sexy blonde?” her eyes ran up Buffy’s legs; from her red pumps to her short red dress with black lace trimming.

Spike pulled Buffy closer. “Her name is Buffy and she’s mine…keep your eyes in your head Faith.” he smiled at her, showing that he was just playing.

Faith shook her head. “So what can I get you guys? The usual?” After everyone nodded, she turned to the blonde couple. “What can I get for you, honey?”

Buffy wasn’t used to getting that kind of attention. Guys had hit on her, but not women…especially not such a hot one. She decided that she liked it. Buffy leaned forward a bit flirtingly, giving Faith a good glance at her cleavage. “I’ll get Tequila Sunrise…and can you make it a double?”

Faith grinned, then bit her lip. “Sure B…Spike you better watch out, she seems like a wild one.” With that said she sauntered her way back to the bar.

Spike looked at her with a sexy smirk. “That was hot…although,” Spike leaned in to whisper in her ear. “Watch out for Faith…she might call your bluff.”

Buffy looked back at her boyfriend with an innocent glance. “Who says I’m bluffing?” She knew she was teasing Spike mercilessly, but it was too fun watching the reactions he gave her. “Don’t forget, sweetie…I went to college, I’ve done the experimenting thing.” she leaned to whisper in his ear now. “I might even show her a few things.” she gave the shell of his ear a little lick, and didn’t miss the shiver that trickled through Spike’s body when she did. She pulled away and looked at the menu acting as if she didn’t just turn the heat on, on the Spike-o-meter. “Hmm…that onion thing sounds good!”

Willow and Tara exchanged a glance with knowing smirks. Willow turned back to Spike and smiled. “It looks like you finally met your match Spikey!”

He playfully glared at his best friend, and looked down at his menu.

* * * * *

After a nice night of dancing, drinking, and a lot of teasing towards Spike from the girls at the table, Spike ushered his girlfriend into his car and took off the her place. The two of them had decided to wait a while before they consummated their relationship…well actually he decided to wait, Buffy was itching to get him into her bed.

He would always take her home, when Buffy would invite him and attempt to seduce him to her bedroom. It wasn’t that Spike didn’t want to sleep with Buffy…because God, did he! It was that she was different from all the other girls he’d dated, she was a woman and he wanted it to be perfect. Also…there was something about her that made him nervous. He was worried that maybe he wasn’t experienced enough for her, and that she would need more than what he had in his arsenal, so to speak.

And tonight was no different. “You want to come in?” she asked coyly.

Spike smiled knowingly. “Are you trying to bed me again?” It had become a cute little routine they had, and he thought it was adorable that she still tried to be subtle…somewhat.

Buffy gave up an stomped her foot like a little girl. “Yes! Baby it’s been so long, I’m a deprived woman in my prime!” She paused. “I have needs too!” she claimed wrapping her arms around Spike’s waist and locking them behind his back.

Spike looked down at her and frowned. “Isn’t that my line?” he joked.

Buffy glared up at him. “Yeah, that would be if I was holding out on you. Which I’m not. Why, don’t you want to sleep with me?” Buffy was truly concerned. What guy held off on sex with their hot girlfriend?

Spike pulled away from her, and sighed. He went to sit down on her porch swing. He had to tell her or she’d think the worst. He rested his elbows on his knees, and played with his hands, as he looked down at them. “You make me nervous.” he said it so quietly she barely heard him.

Buffy smiled softly, and sat down next to him. “Why do I make you nervous?”

He never lifted his head. “Because you’ve got so much more experience than me, and you’re beautiful, and older…I’m just worried that I won’t be enough for you.” the last part was whispered, and Buffy frowned then grabbed his hand in comfort.

“Baby….don’t ever think that okay. You’re enough, you’re more than enough. You make me so happy I can’t even tell you. So I’ve got a few years on you, so what! I’ve been with one man majority of my life that had little to no idea what he was doing in that department.” she assured him. “Plus you’re not the only one who’s nervous.”

Spike’s head shot up to look at her finally. “Yeah?”

“Well yeah! Spike look at you…everything about you screams sexual animal! I get weak in the knees every time you give me that look where you raise one brow…” Spike demonstrated, raising his brow and smirking at her. “Yup! That’s the one. Every time you touch me, I melt…whenever you kiss me I get butterflies, like mass amounts.” she laughed, and so did he. “Plus, think of the upside…once you get over this nervousness, you can sleep with me whenever you want! I don’t think I could refuse you.”

Spike seemed to feel better about the sex situation, so she leaned in and kissed him. He returned it with fervor. When they finally pulled away, Buffy stood up and took him with her. She let them in and started to lead him upstairs, taking their time as they kissed, and licked, and teased each other…pulling off their jackets on the way.

Just as they reached the top stair, the doorbell rang. Buffy reluctantly pulled away and fixed her clothes. “Who the hell is that?” she asked to no one in particular. She rushed down the steps with Spike behind her, also fixing himself up.

She pulled the door open to find a wretched, and broken Angel in front of her. He looked unshaven, his clothes falling off his body haphazardly and tear tracks down his cheeks and his eyes puffy and red. She couldn’t believe it…it was rare to see Angel cry at all let alone completely lost like he was now.

“Buffy…” he croaked out. “She’s gone…I don’t know what to do, please, please tell me what to do.” Angel was so far gone that he didn’t even notice the man standing beside his ex wife. He entered the house, and collapsed to his knees, hugging her legs as he cried. “Buffy? I didn’t know where else to go.” he sobbed.

Buffy tried to stop herself from crying at the sad display of the broken man in front of her. She looked at Spike with a silent apology, and he nodded with understanding, pressing a kiss to her forehead before leaving through the back door, since Angel was still blocking the doorway.

Buffy let him cry and she rubbed his head in comfort. She thought of who could be ‘gone’…and her heart broke as well at the thought that it could be non other than her ex husband’s lovely mother.


Chapter End Notes:
oooh cliffhanger sort of lol please review!