Author's Chapter Notes:
oooh i got another JUICY chapter for you guys....you can thank Sanityfair for that though! she motivated me to finish this bloody chapter! Hope you like it!
Chapter 9: Wake Up

The next morning Buffy was greeting by the sun filtering in through the blinds of her window, and Spike’s arm lazily slung over his midsection. He was lying on his stomach, his cheek pressed against the pillow and the cutest pout on his lips. She smiled. She looked down and noticed that the white sheet lay low on her hips, and well as his, and leaving her breasts exposed. She arched her back, and stretched her arms over her head. Last night left her achy in spots that she didn’t even know existed.

Buffy trailed her index finger down the bridge of his nose, and watched with giggle as he twitched. She continued to tickle him, as he subconsciously evaded her touches, until his bright blues popped open to greet her. “Morning, baby.” She said with a sexy smile.

Spike adjusted his eyes to the morning light, and once he was focused on his girlfriend he couldn’t help but chuckle. Her hair was in a sexy mess, and her breasts were bare to his gaze. “Morning, luv. How long have you been up?”

Buffy lightly ran her fingers through his hair. “Just a few minutes…you’re cute when you sleep.” She let her hand fall to his cheek.

Spike grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on her palm. “And you look like you just got out of a tornado.” He chuckled. When she frowned at him, all he did was point at her hair.

Buffy immediately brought both hands to her hair and groaned with a pout. “Ohhh…that’s embarrassing.”

Spike leaned in to kiss her softly. “Not at all. You still look beautiful…bed head and all.” He refrained from telling her that he loved her, bed head and all. He didn’t know if she was ready to here that yet…he didn’t even know if he was ready to tell her that yet. But he was close to saying it. “What do you want to do today? We got the whole day to ourselves…what?” Spike stopped his sentence when he saw Buffy wince.

“We don’t have the whole day to ourselves. I totally forgot that I had plans today with Cordelia…I’m sorry baby.” She watched as Spike nodded sadly. “But it’s only for the day so we can have the night together, okay.” She reasoned. Buffy gave him another kiss before getting out of the bed to head to the shower.

Once she was out of the shower she walked back into her bedroom to find Spike sitting on the edge of her bed dressed and fingering an unlit cigarette. Buffy continued around her room getting dressed, and fixing her hair and makeup. William just watched her. He found it fascinating the routine that women go through. When she was done she sat down beside him and held his hand.

“I’ll call you when I’m done, okay.” Buffy spoke. “We’re just doing the catch up thing. I haven’t seen her for a while…then at 2:00 I have an appointment with…” she paused with a frown.

Spike smirked. “My mother?” They both laughed at that. “Okay, I can pick you up there, no wait! If I go home I’m gonna have to pick up all my equipment.” he back-peddled. “That’s the best storage I can find…zero cost.”

Buffy smirked. “I thought you carried you equipment with you everywhere.” She joked as she subtly grabbed the bulge in his jeans. When she saw the look of pleasure come across his face she pulled away.

“Tease.” He chided her. “What I meant was my amps, cords and my guitar. I’ve been keeping it at my ‘Rents place and they’ve been begging me to pick it all up for months.”

Buffy smiled. “Well, I just figured out what we’re doing tonight!” she said excitedly.

Spike raised a brow. “What?”

Buffy’s smile grew bigger. “You’re going to play for me…and we’re going to pick up all your stuff and bring it here. I won’t charge you much, just some sex here and there.” She said nonchalantly. “See we kill two birds with one stone.”

Spike shook his head. “I’m sorry I stopped listening after ‘sex’.” He continued. “You don’t have to do that for me, it is fine where it is.”

Buffy frowned. “But why not just keep it here? You’ll get more use out of it, and I want to here you play.”

Spike stood up, taking her hand off his lap. “I don’t play anymore Buffy.”

Buffy stood also, tilting her head to the side. “Why not? Joyce would always tell me how good you were, the few times she would tell me about her personal life. Why would you not want to do something that you love and are good at?”

William turned around to glare at her. “Because I just don’t, okay! Don’t push me, pet.” The way he said ‘pet’ did not have it’s sweet, endearing tone it usually carried.

Whatever it was was making him deeply upset, and although he told her not to push that’s all she wanted to do. Buffy thought they were past the point of keeping things from each other. For the most part Spike was the one that told her not to shut people out and to open up because it would make you feel better. So she decided to bring that up. “You know William; you were the one that told me I should open up to people. You are clearly not telling me something, and it’s a big something because it wouldn’t get you this upset at me if it wasn’t.” she paused to gauge his reaction. He didn’t say anything. “Will…”

Spike cut her off. “Buffy, please.” His eyes were tearing up. “I’ll tell you just not right now.”

Buffy nodded. “Okay, okay.” She wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face in his shoulder. “Do you want me to stay here with you? I can cancel on Cordy.”

William shook his head and kissed the top of her head. “No. Be with your friend. I’ll pick you up at my Mom’s place after your session. What time will you be done?” he asked, still holding his girlfriend snuggly in his embrace.

“I’ll only be an hour.” She murmured back, wondering what was going on in that head of his.

*****

Lunch with Cordy went well. They caught up about work, and life, and what new guy Cordy was seeing. She was surprised to find out that Buffy and the ‘young guy’ as she called him, were still going strong. Her jaw nearly hit the table when she told her that Joyce was Spike’s mom and Rupert was his dad. She laughed about the ‘meeting the parents’ incident, and couldn’t believe about Angel’s mother. Buffy told her that Angel had of course, invited her to the funeral and wrote down the place the ceremony was to be held.

At around 1:30, the friends parted their ways, promising to see each other soon, and then Buffy headed to her appointment with Joyce. Buffy waited for the elevator doors to open to the office, and she walked right on in as she always did.

“Hello, Dear!” Joyce greeted her son’s girlfriend, and client. “Just have a seat, I’m just going over something here.” She said as she rustled through some papers. When she was done, the older lady walked over to their seating area and kicked off her heals to curl up on the comfy chair, as Buffy did the same. “Okay…so why don’t we start with you’re morning. How’s it been so far?” she asked holding a notepad and a pen.

“Well…I guess my morning was okay. William and I kinda got in a little fight I think.” She frowned. “Is it okay to talk about him with you?” she asked. She wasn’t sure if she could talk about William now, the way she used to when she didn’t know that Joyce was his mother.

Joyce smiled tightly. “Of course! He’s my son I love to talk about him. Let’s just keep the sex aspect of you’re relationship PG, okay.” She chuckled out.

Buffy laughed and agreed. “Well this morning, we were talking about his guitar, and how I wanted him to play for me and he told me he didn’t play anymore.” She watched for Joyce’s reaction and was surprised when she closed her eyes and let her head drop. “Why doesn’t he play anymore, Joyce?”

Joyce shook her head. “I can’t tell you that, sweetie. That’s his story. Just be patient with him.”

Buffy sighed. “That’s what he said…in a roundabout way. He pretty much snapped at me. Told me that he just didn’t and not to push him. He scared me a little, you know. I mean I know he would never hurt me; it’s just that I’ve never seen him like that before…so vulnerable, and close to breaking down.” Buffy pulled her legs closer to her chest.

Joyce smiled. “Just give him time, sweetheart. He’ll come around.” The two women continued to talk about the things going on in Buffy’s life. Discussing problems that started bubbling up about her mother, now that Fiona was gone, and more about William. When the hour was up, both women slipped on their shoes, and Joyce walked Buffy to the door.

When Buffy opened the door, she saw William leaning against the opposite wall. The blonde smile and kissed her boyfriend in PG format, for his mother was still standing there. “Hi, mom.” Spike walked over and gave his mother a hug and kiss. “Where’s my guitar?” he whispered in her ear.

Joyce pulled away in shock. “I-it’s in you’re old room.” She watched as her son grabbed Buffy’s hand and led her into the house. A few minutes later they walked out; Spike holding his amp and cords and Buffy holding the guitar case.

Buffy thanked Joyce. “Same time next week?” At Joyce’s nod, the couple said goodbye, and went down in the elevator.

Spike watched as the light on the elevator buttons went down with every floor. “I have a lot to tell you, pet.” The endearing tone was back, and Buffy had to smile at that.

She looked up at him. “I’ll listen.” They continued the ride in silence.


Chapter End Notes:
ooooh what's Spike gotta say?!?!? I KNOW I KNOW! hehe you'll just have to review and find out!