Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first ever sex scene/bite scene,so please let me know what you think of it.
Thanks again to my Betas Mabel_Masters and Dawnofme,without whos help none of this would have been posisble.
Buffy led the way through the hotel to her suite on the second floor.

“I’ve a feeling you are going to get a real ear bending from Dawn. You may have thought she was scary last year, but now… she’s one of the only ones who can out argue Giles.”

Spike nodded dumbly, still trying to process the last hour. One minute he was browsing fine art and the next, he was being kissed by even finer art. Life was so strange. Buffy opened the door and waved him in.

“Hey, Buff, I was just about to--Spike!” Dawn bounded over to Spike and encircled him in a big hug before pulling back and playfully slapping his arm. “What time do you call this? Angel takes a month or so to come back and you take a year. What’s up with that? Letting Captain Forehead beat you; I’m so ashamed of you.”

Spike smiled at Dawn and ruffled her hair. “Long story, Niblet, but I’ve missed you.”

“I’ll have to hear all about it later. I’ve got to split. I’ve been invited to give a speech at the local night school on American culture, and I can’t miss it and then I’m meeting a friend to see a show. Be good you guys, and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.” And with that, Dawn breezed out the door.

Buffy shut the door and flopped down on the nearest sofa, patting the space next to her and smiling as Spike shrugged out of his duster and joined her. “OK, so you got off easily there, but wait ‘til she finds out the whole story.”

“Yeah, maybe. Then again maybe my devilish good looks distracted her. Have to say, luv, I’m glad to see you’re letting her roam a bit more now. What show is she going to see?”

“I didn’t get much choice. As I said, she can be scary. Les Miserables, though why, I have no idea.”

“Maybe ‘cause she appreciates culture, or thinks that the lead guy is cute?”

“Hey! I like culture too, especially the Moaning Lisa.”

Spike rolled his eyes. Americans, not a clue. “The Mona Lisa.” He sighed dramatically.

”I know its name!” Buffy grinned and cuffed him on the arm. “Mom showed me a photo of it when I was little. I thought the woman looked grouchy and so I called her Moaning Lisa. It sort of became a family joke.”

Spike was enjoying this. They were chatting like they used to before things got messy. Unfortunately, certain parts of his anatomy where paying a little too much attention to Buffy. He had a quick glance round the room and was relieved to spot a drinks cabinet.

“Want a drink, luv?”

“Trying to get me drunk? Sure, I’ll have a glass. There should be some champagne in there. After all, it is a special occasion. Not every day do you come back from the dead. Well, maybe not in the normal world anyway.”

Spike stood and walked over to the cabinet, bringing back two glasses and the bottle, setting them on the table and pouring them before handing one to Buffy.

“So spill, Spike, I want the full story, maybe not blow by blow but the main bits.”

Spike took a sip of his drink while considering how to start. “Well, not long after the grand finale, that amulet thing ended up back on the desk of Wolfram and Hart’s new CEO, Angel...”

Buffy spluttered, “Andrew had told us, but I couldn’t believe Angel would do it? Head of evil lawyers? Sure it wasn’t Angelus?”

“Yeah, I’m sure; he had his reasons.”

Buffy pouted and took a sip of her champagne. “Keep going.”

“Where was I? Ah, I kinda popped out of it all non-corporeal and sorta faded in and out until this strange box arrived in the mail for me which made me solid again.

Spike glanced at Buffy trying to gauge her reaction, but she didn’t appear to be too bothered, so he continued, “That then led to a ruckus between me and Angel, which I came out on top of.”

“Whoa! Be kind, rewind. You kicked Angel‘s butt? Looks like dying did you a favour.”

“ Yeah, anyway, then our friend Andrew appeared on his ‘save a Slayer’ mission. The slayer who, incidentally, decided that my hands offended her and took great pleasure in removing them.”

Buffy put her drink down, took hold of the hand nearest to her and felt it. “Still feels like your hand.”

“Well yeah, that’s ‘cause it is. One thing good 'bout those lawyers, they know how to fix things. Anyway, not long after, we had some diplomatic trouble in Italy, and we got word that you and The Immortal were...friendly, so we had to come over, sort the trouble out, I ending up losing my old duster, too. Back in L.A., we had a rough ol’ time taking down the Circle of the Black Thorn, and then had a huge fight in the streets against all manner of beasties including a dragon; unfortunately Tall Dark and Brooding got that.” Spike pouted a little. “We lost Wesley and another fighter, Gunn. Angel’s still kicking, mores the pity, and a demon god who was resurrected called Illyria is still around too. After that I just sorta drifted and ended up here and the rest you know.”

Buffy blinked back a couple of tears at the news of Wesley‘s death. He may not have been the best watcher, but he had tried his best and by all accounts, he’d been doing well in L.A. with Angel and his gang.

“I’m sad for his loss but proud that he went out fighting. That's all any of us good guys want. The Immortal thing was your entire fault, you know.”

“How? By dying? By saving the world?”

“Shut up and listen bleach brain. Remember you telling me you had ruined me for normal guys? As much as it pains me to further inflate that universe called your ego, you were right. Not even hot-blooded Latin boys could satisfy me, and taking a random vamp to my bed was so not gonna happen, so I went with The Immortal. Well, when I say went with, I mean dated him. Partly for me and partly for Giles, because he wanted to know all about the legend.”

“So you and him …”

“Oh please, Spike, you think I’m that shallow? It was work with an iota of pleasure thrown in when on the ‘dates’, but there was nothing; no spark. Besides, he wasn’t you and I wasn’t in love with him.”

Spike felt guilty. He had seen what he had seen and then put two and two together and arrived at five.

“So you meant it then? What you said in Sunnydale; it wasn’t just a ‘make Spike feel better for dying thing’?”

Buffy interlaced her fingers with Spike’s right hand. “I told you I love you. I did then and I do now. I just kinda realised that it was a bit late to do anything about it. No that’s not true. - I realised it a long time before then. I just didn’t want to acknowledge it. Forgive me?”

Spike twisted their hands round and kissed the back of hers. “Always, luv.”

“Do you?”

“Still love you? Always. And I’m not leaving you again. Didn’t want to this time, but I figured since you sacrificed yourself for love to save the world and me, it was time to repay the favour. Besides, couldn’t let Peaches have one over on me.”

Buffy pulled Spike in close and looked into his eyes. “When will you learn? Angel has nothing on you. You’ve done more than he has, saved the world more, you didn’t abandon me, didn’t succeed in killing anyone I care about and my mom liked you. She had no time for Angel. She always felt that you were the good one.”

“Take that back! I’m not the good one! I’m The Big Bad.”

“Nu huh. Couldn’t fool me or my mom. Face it, Spike, you’re just a big ol’ puppy dog.”

“Take that back!”

“Or what?”

Spike tackled Buffy to the sofa and began to tickle her. “Who am I Slayer?”

“My Spike. My little growly puppy.”

Spike grinned at the ‘my’ but kept tickling. “Half right, Slayer, but not quite. Do I need to resort to under-foot measures?” Spike ran his hand down her leg and began to unfasten her boots, knowing how ticklish she was. Buffy giggled helplessly.

“You’re my Spike; the biggest Big Bad.” She wriggled to try to get away but only succeeded in trapping Spike's lower body between her legs as they fell off the sofa. Spike gulped and leapt up, with memories of the last time he tried getting in between her legs floating in his head.

“Sorry, luv, didn’t mean…”

From her place on the floor, Buffy shushed him. “You didn’t do anything; I did. And I wanted to.” Buffy stood, walked over to Spike and put her hand on his cheek. “It wasn’t all your fault then either. It was mine, too. I played around with you too long, used you, threw you away and picked you up again when I wanted to and that wasn’t fair to you. How were you to know when I was serious and when I wasn’t? It took me a while to work it out, to accept what I had done. Now I have and I came to a decision. If the Powers found a way to bring you back to me, the only game I would play would be for keeps. Only question left in my mind, Spike, is: do I get to win?”

Spike leaned in and kissed her softly on her lips before speaking. “You always win and this time, so do I.”

Buffy smiled at him and taking his hand, led him into her room, the crowning glory being a large, king sized four-poster bed. Buffy turned to Spike. “You also spoiled me for beds; I hate having a small bed.”

“Bigger is best, pet,” Spike replied with his trademark smirk.

“Pig.”

“Oink, oink.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Good to know some things don’t change.”

She walked backwards towards the bed, and sat on the edge and smiled coyly at Spike. “It’s an awful big bed for little me, Spikey; wanna make me feel less alone?”

Spike looked at his Slayer, so small yet so much power contained in her slight shell, and what a shell! She had grown her hair long again, had a nice healthy Italian tan and her eyes where as green as ever. They were sparkling with life once again, unlike the last time he’d seen her, full of tears and fears. He walked over and knelt at her feet, putting his hands on her knees.

“You’re never gonna be alone again, Buffy, I promise you that.”

“I’ll hold you to that, William.” She ran her hand down his button-down shirt. “You went back to buttons. I prefer you with buttons. It’s like unwrapping all my Christmas presents at once.”

“Sure you don’t just enjoy pushing my buttons?”

Buffy’s face fell.

“I did at one time, but not any more. That was the old bitchy, holier-than-thou Buffy. This is the new improved Buffy; no bitchiness, no holiness, no self-righteous bullshit. No more hiding from my feelings and no more pushing the ones I love and the ones that love me, away. And the last person I wanna push away is you.”

Spike looked into her eyes. “Still haven’t lost your love of speeches when three words will do.”

“Take me now?”

“Hmm, not the three words I was thinking of, but good enough.”

“Hmm, let me think. How ‘bout: I love you, William.”

Spike nearly fainted from shock, his eyes widened dramatically and he was lost for words. Buffy waved her hand in front of his face. “Hello? Anyone home? Hello? Do I need to punch your nose?”

Spike shook his head. “Sorry ‘bout that, luv, you threw me for six.”

“And that’s all you have to say?”

“I love you, Buffy Anne Summers.”

Buffy playfully tapped his shoulder. “Less of the formality if you don’t mind.”

“Never satisfied are you? I love you, Buffy.”

Buffy leaned back and pulled Spike with her, nestling him between her legs. “Now about my first request.”

Spike leaned in and kissed her passionately. “And what would that be, Slayer?”

“Take me, Big Bad.”

Spike growled and ran his hands up her sides. “Your wish is my command.”

Spike released her to take off his shirt, but Buffy put her hands on his arms.

“Let me, Spike. I wanna see if you’re the same as I remember.” Buffy started to slowly undo Spike’s buttons, smiling softly. “It’s not sex tonight, it’s making love.” When she was finished, she ran her hand over her chest.

“Still the same?”

“No, it’s much better than I remember.” She lightly traced her finger over his heart and wrote her name on his skin. “All that love in there for me. The Powers are as messed up as they could be, but they finally got something right. They brought the right one back to me. So… Still going commando?”

Spike’s head spun at the sudden jump from love talk to underwear talk. “Only three things in this life are certain, Buffy: I love you, I’m never leaving you and I always go commando.”

She giggled. “And here I was thinking that you hated all things Commando.”

Spike scowled. “Only that one and now that I think about it, I kinda owe him one.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, if it weren’t for them, I never would have got chipped, never have fallen in love with you and would have probably met the pointy end of your stake and never saved the world.”

“You’re not gonna let that one drop are you?”

“Nope, not in this lifetime. Or any other.”

“Guess I’m gonna have to find other ways to shut you up.” Buffy laced her fingers behind Spike’s neck and pulled him down for a kiss.

Spike growled, “How fond of your shirt are you, Buffy?”

“Why?”

Spike took hold of the collar of her shirt and ripped it down the front, eliciting a gasp from Buffy and a grin from Spike “Nice to see you finally came round to my way of thinking.”

When he lightly ran his hand over her bare breasts, Buffy moaned with pleasure at his touch. “Uh-huh.”

Spike leaned down and ran his tongue up her neck and round the shell of her ear, causing her to shiver. “I know just how to play you; how to stroke you right.”

As he spoke, he ran one hand up her inner thigh.

“Need you now, Spike. Now.”

Spike nibbled on her ear lobe. “No magic word? Maybe I need to re-teach you some manners, my girl.”

“It’s been so long, please.”

Spike smiled into her ear. “All I wanted to hear.” He slipped his hand under her skirt and was surprised to find that she was not wearing any panties.

“My naughty little Slayer. Are you sure that you didn’t know that you were going to meet me tonight”

“I’m sure, though maybe some part of me did.”

Spike slipped a finger inside her and gently rotated it making Buffy groan softly.

“Spike… Need you…inside me…now!”

“You don’t know how much I’ve missed hearing you say that.”

Spike pulled back from Buffy and slid out of his regulation black jeans before ripping her skirt off.

“There goes my wardrobe...again.”

Spike leaned down to her, resting just before her entrance.

“If I had my way, Slayer, you would have no wardrobe whatsoever.”

“What? You’d have me walking around nak…ahhhhhhhh.”

Spike slipped into her slowly.

“You were saying, luv?”

“N...n…never mind.”

Spike started a slow and steady thrusting rhythm, pulling gasps and moans from Buffy. She swallowed, trying to gather enough breath to speak. “Make me yours, Spike.”

Spike paused. Does she really mean what I think she means? “Do you know what you’re asking, Buffy?”

She nodded. “Uh-huh.”

Spike restarted his rhythm, leaned down to Buffy’s neck and gave it a quick lick. “You sure 'bout this, luv?”

Buffy put her hand under his chin and guided his eyes to hers. “I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life.”

Spike kissed her softly on the lips. “I’ve been waiting all of my life and un-life for you to tell me that.” He moved his head to her neck and before kissing it softly, he smiled at his choice of the left side of her neck, untouched by his grandsire or that ponce, Dracula. He shifted but hesitated, wanting to be certain that it was what she wanted. “You ready for this, pet?”

Buffy responded by squeezing her inner muscles, the sensation making Spike groan.
“I’ll take that as a yes, luv.” He bent his head to her neck and gently slid his fangs in, causing Buffy to buck up and release a strangled scream. Spike was struggling to keep his head on straight.

‘Slayer blood…wow!’

He pulled his fangs out and worried the wound to make it scar. “Mine,” he growled.

“Yours,” Buffy breathlessly replied.

And with that one word, Spike lost what little control he had and came hard and fast before collapsing against Buffy’s neck. She then proceeded to giggle uncontrollably. Spike lifted his head and look at her.

“And what is so funny?”

She took a couple of breaths to calm down.

“Your feet.”

“My feet? What about them?”

“They’re tickling mine.”

Spike moved his feet. “Happy, luv?”

Buffy pulled Spike in and gave him a sweet kiss.

“Never been happier.”

He rolled off her and pulled her against his chest, spooning her.

“Sleep well, my Buffy.”'

“Sleep well, my William.”