Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys! Sorry this took so long to get posted, RL is one busy thing these days! Thank you Tina and Lauriel for being always wonderful and always by my side, you’re awesome ladies and brilliant betas. Thank you Andrei for being my rock. Don’t know what I’d do without you, baby. Love you!

A huge thank you to you few who still read and let me know you’re with me. I wish I could express my gratitude better, but know that I cherish every one of your comments, and that I keep writing because of you. I’ll try and reply to all reviews/comments today and tomorrow, but I apologize in advance if I’m late getting to them. Thank you, you are made of win.

WARNING: There is m/m sex in this chapter.
He stood and pulled out the chair opposite his before calling out Sofia.


A girl about Buffy’s age appeared out of nowhere with a bottle of wine and the blonde had to make an effort to bite back a gasp.



Chapter 15



“Let us look at the facts, shall we?” Adalberto asked once Buffy had finally taken a seat. “Or would you rather do that after we eat?”


The Slayer tried really hard to not let her eyes wander in the direction of the girl, who—having filled their glasses with wine—stood right behind the Immortal. “There will be no eating for me. If you can chew and talk, do so. If not, you’ll eat later.” Her tone brooked no argument.


“You know I find talking with one’s mouth full appalling, cara. Let us get business out of the way and then per chance you’ll find your appetite has grown.” He smiled condescendingly. “The facts are simple. You need me to send back one of your vampire lovers, whom you forced my hand into bringing here. Since that would negate our initial agreement—my life for your fantasy—that would mean danger to me. I dislike danger.”


“Well, you’re in danger if you don’t help,” she answered with a matching smile.


“I beg to disagree.” Taking his glass of wine, he twirled it once in his hand before taking a small sip and closing his eyes in ecstasy. “Are you sure you do not wish to taste the wine? It is magnificent.”


“I do not wish to taste the wine, or anything else you have to offer. Tell me what you told Giles, or I’m gone.”


“You do not get to make demands, cara.” His voice was stern, like scolding a child. “If you want me to help you out, you will have to promise to return to me and stay here for one year, doing anything I ask of you.”


Buffy couldn’t bite back a snort. “Do you really expect me to agree to that?”


“Yes. I do.”


Pushing her chair back, she stood and slammed both hands on the table, making wine spill out of her glass. “You are a dead man,” she hissed.


Adalberto didn’t even flinch, but from the corner of her eye she saw Sofia frantically shake her head no.


“You can not kill me, Slayer. None of you can. One year of your life for saving the world, that is my offer.”



~~~~~*~~~~~



William roared, the anguished sound reverberating off the walls in the small living room.


He’d listened in on the conversation his mate had had with the Immortal, but that wasn’t the cause of his agony. What made his unbeating heart feel like it’d been torn from his chest was that he’d felt Buffy’s real response. He’d sensed the moment she’d thought that if giving Adalberto a year of her life was the only way they could return Spike to his own time, she’d do it. And then she’d closed down their link.


The pain in his gut was excruciating and made him fold over. He gripped the living room table so hard that the wood crumbled in his hands. His soul ached, the stupid thing.


Straightening up took effort, but the moment he managed it he turned and punched the wall with all his strength.


The sharp sting from the hit helped him focus his thoughts. It wasn’t like him to give up or despair. He was a fighter. He’d fight for Buffy—he was proficient at that—and he’d fight for the world.


And he’d win.


It wouldn’t be the first time he did either.




~~~~~*~~~~~



Willow noticed the glow coming from under her bed as Xander and Dawn were having a little tiff over which movie to go to.


The two had become really close in the past few months, and the Wiccan kept wondering if she should tell them they already sounded like an old married couple and should therefore date, or if that would make Buffy go after her, full-Slayer-force.


Now wasn’t the time to do something like that, anyway. Spike’s t-shirt was calling for her.


“OK, people, take that somewhere else, please.” She not so gently nudged them out of her room. “I’m supposed to be doing research here!” Closing the door to their questioning faces, she ran to her bed.


Kneeling next to it, she retrieved the t-shirt. “Oh, thank God!”




Nine days ago~~~~



“Have you been practicing your teleportin’ lately?” There was a crazy glint in Spike’s eyes, something she remembered from the time he was determined to bag his third Slayer.


She had been afraid of him back then, but not anymore. “Naturally,” she replied. “But you know I can’t send you back to your now without—”


He stopped her with a finger on her lips. “Don’t want you to send me back. Not like this.” Seeing her eyebrows rise in a silent question, he explained. “I have no soul, Red. We sort of need one, if I’m to avert the Apocalypse.” He lowered his hand.


“So you want me to…”


“Send me to Africa. The caves.”


“I can do that! Do you know exactly where they are?”


He nodded and she opened her mouth to start the chanting, but was stopped by the sight of him pulling his shirt off. “What are you doing?”


“You’ll need somethin’ to bring me back with, right? I’m thinkin’ Buffy will be reluctant to give you anythin’ I’ve touched after you tell her you can’t say where I’ve gone.”


The redhead’s eyes grew to saucer size. “I can’t
not tell Buffy. I have to tell her. She’ll kill me. Hey, you should have told her. Why didn’t you tell her? Buffy doesn’t know?”


Spike just let her drive herself to hyperventilation, watching with growing amusement. When she had to pause to catch her breath, he said. “Promise.”


“I promise,” she sighed. “But you better come back in one piece, or I’m telling her, and she’s coming there to dust you.” The lack of sense in her threat was noted by them both, but neither commented.


“Just give me two weeks,” he said. “Tops. Then you can zap me back.”


She took the shirt he handed her. “If you want me to get you before that, just—”


“Click my heels and say
there’s no place like home?”


She scratched her chin, appearing deep in thought. “Actually… yes.”


“Oh, come
on, Red, I was jokin’,” he pleaded.


“Do you want my help or not?”



~~~~~*~~~~~




Willow thought of Spike in a cave in Africa, surrounded by demons, clicking his Doc Martin’s heels and quoting from The Wizard of Oz. This really called for an evil cackle, but she was so relieved he was ready to come back that she couldn’t be bothered.


Focusing all her senses on him, she said the magic words that would make one William the Bloody materialize in her bathroom. There was no way she’d land him anywhere near her bedroom carpet; he was sure to be a mess.


“Hello, cutie,” he greeted her with his trademark leer, rising from his crouching position on the tiled floor. “Miss me?”


“I know of at least two people who missed you more, but yeah I did.” She squished him briefly before searching his eyes. “Everything sorted?”


“Everythin’ sorted.”


The hard part was getting him out of the house. Nobody was supposed to see him before Buffy and William did. Spike was adamant on that. He was also seriously less trashed than expected.


“Was it easier the second time around?”


“Piece of cake.” He winked.



~~~~~*~~~~~



It had taken Willow going down to the basement of the Manor and then screaming to high Heavens that a mouse attacked her for Spike to be able to leave the premises unnoticed. Now he was standing outside Buffy’s apartment door, waiting for someone to let him in.


The someone that did looked exactly like him, bleached hair and all.


“Blimey, I do look hotter with this hair,” he said.


William grabbed him by the back of the head and kissed him hard. “I missed you, you fucker. Where have you been?” he asked, walking backwards and pulling Spike with him.


“Long story.” Spike kicked the door shut behind him and peeled his tee off. “What’s with the hair?”


William kissed him again. “Need to feel more like myself,” he said, breaking the kiss off so he could undo his jeans.


“Buffy?” The younger vampire popped his jeans’ buttons off and pushed them down his hips as his older self did the same.


“Long story. Later.”


Spike froze in the middle of taking his boots off. “Is she ok?”


“Only until I kill her.” William helped him with the second boot. “Bedroom?”


“Too far.”


William leered, waggling his eyebrows. “You know, you should suck my cock for makin’ us worry.”


The other man didn’t need to be told twice. He shoved William on the couch and crouched between his legs. “The accent the same story as the hair?” he asked before taking the other’s already hard cock in his mouth.


“Fuck, yeah!”


William’s fingers got tangled into Spike’s hair, as the other blond sucked him slowly. “Faster, you git.” His hips flew off the cushion as Spike did just that, managing to get all of his length down his throat. Bloody hell, he needed that. He needed the rough and tumble to get his mind off his worry over Buffy. He needed the connection with the other vampire, craved the reassurance their fucking would provide. He had his ally back, and now he’d never lose his girl again. They’d find a way around what that pillock, the Immortal, wanted, and…


Spike stopped what he was doing and raised his head to ask, “Is it my impression or are you not payin’ attention?”


“I am, I am!”


“I think you’re not.” Pushing William’s legs up, he licked down his scrotum. “But I’ll change that.”


The wicked tongue flicked its way up William’s shaft before lips closed over the tip of his cock again. He gasped when Spike sucked hard on his erection while at the same time pushing a finger roughly up his ass. “No,” he said.


Spike’s eyebrows rose, but his head kept bobbing.


I fuck you,” William explained, only for Spike to let go of his cock with a plop.


“I fought demons, mate. I sucked your cock.” He started pushing a second finger through the tight ring of muscle.


Fast as lightning, William sat up and pushed Spike back. “You made us worry,” he growled, his demonic face replacing his handsome features. “I’m on top.”


Spike tried to push him off, and they both ended up rolling off the couch and wrecking the coffee table. “See what you did?” Spike whined. “She’ll have our dust for that.”


Laughing, William kissed him again—sharp teeth bloodying the other’s lips—and nudged his legs apart with one knee. He’d landed on top.


“Oh, ok, you big bully, have it your way.”


Wasting no time with preparation, William brought Spike’s knees to his chest, aligned his cock with the other vampire’s puckered hole and pushed.


Spike’s face changed, bumps appearing instinctively as burning pain seared through him, but he didn’t fight the intrusion, instead pressing on towards it. He sensed that this wasn’t about sex; it was about control. William, for some reason, needed to take control of something, and he could give him that.


William’s fangs sliced Spike’s throat as he buried his shaft deep inside his younger self in one hard thrust. They both shivered, lying still for a few moments, before William’s hips started pumping.


Spike moaned. The fangs in his throat and William’s rough tongue lapping at his blood counterbalanced the pain and soon drowned it out, replacing it with almost unbearable pleasure.


William felt like crying at the other man’s submission, but fought the urge, making his thrusts harder. His hand snaked between their bodies and started stroking Spike’s cock at the same time with every downward motion.


It was like a dance. Their bodies were perfectly synced, as they panted and sweated, muscles rippling under marble-white skin. Nothing but the sound of ragged breathing and flesh slapping against flesh filled the next few minutes, until William withdrew his fangs and ordered, “You first.”


Spike didn’t need to be told twice. The pounding to his prostrate and William’s grip on his cock was proving to be too much anyway, but he was waiting for William. The moment his older self said he could, he let his orgasm overtake him, coating William’s fingers and both their stomachs with his spendings.


Feeling the other vampire clench around him, William had to fight for the next couple of thrusts. He hoped he wasn’t hurting Spike more, but couldn’t control the jerking of his hips as he too reached his release. Finally empty and as relaxed as he could be, he claimed Spike’s lips again, this time gently. “Thank you.”


“If I don’t lower my legs within the next couple of minutes, I may lose sensation in them forever,” was the other blond’s reply.


William groaned, but he stood up and held his hand out for Spike to take. Having helped him up, he suggested they showered and went to bed. “There’s a couple of long stories to share,” he said.


“Shouldn’t we wait for Buffy?” There was alarm in his voice, as he considered the possibility of Buffy not coming back. “Where is she?”


“She’s coming,” William reassured him, his eyes taking in the unmarred skin of Spike’s throat. “I’ll fill you in on what happened here and when she’s home you can tell us where you’ve been.”



~~~~~*~~~~~



“Oh my God, William, what happened here?” Buffy counted the broken coffee table legs at a glance and was relieved they were all there, and thus none had been used as a stake. *William?* she called out in her mind, opening the claim bond again and sighing when she heard him call her to bed.


*You better have a very good story about what wrecked my living room, or—* whatever threat she was about to mentally throw at him was cut short at the sight waiting for her. “Spike!” she shrieked, jumping on the bed. “You’re home!”


“And just in time to keep you from bein’ stupid, I hear.”




Tbc.


Chapter End Notes:
Please, please, please let me know if you liked!!!