Author's Chapter Notes:
There will probably be about five more chapters of this story, plus an epilogue. Right now, I'm kinda eager to be done with it, but I'm not gonna rush things just to get it over with. I know where I'm going with this, and I'm sticking to it. Thanks to those of you who continue to read and review! *hugs*
Photobucket



”Wow…” Buffy was quiet for a moment, not quite sure how to respond to the news about Drusilla. As she poured hot chocolate into two large cups, she cast a glance at William who was standing next to her, eating mini marshmallows directly out of the bag. “Do you feel guilty?”

He raised a brow in question. “Think I should?”

“No.” She responded immediately, without even thinking. “You’ve done nothing wrong. You know that, right?”

“Right.” Snatching the bag of marshmallows from the kitchen counter, he followed Buffy into the living room. “Feel a bit bad for her, though. Must’ve been a bloody nightmare.”

“Probably.” Buffy nodded in agreement. “No one should have to go through something like that. But...” She hesitated, unsure of how to continue.

William tilted his head to the side. “What?”

Taking a small sip of the steaming hot beverage in her cup, Buffy let out a sigh. “I wanna feel sorry for her, and I guess in some way, I do. But it’s kinda hard.” She paused. “Honestly, William, Drusilla’s not a nice person. The way I see it, a traumatic experience from your childhood is no excuse for using people and acting like a bitch.”

“Yeah.” William picked up his own cup, but did no motion of drinking. “Just feel like I should, I don’t know, talk to her or something.”

“And tell her what?” Buffy gave him a look of confusion. “Besides, I thought Liam said not to...”

William interrupted her with a snort. “Right. Give me one good reason why I should listen to that bleedin’ ponce.”

She bit her lip. “Thought you didn’t want anything to do with Drusilla anymore.”

“Oh, bloody hell! I don’t.” He rolled his eyes. “But in case you haven’t noticed, she’s not making it very easy for me. Figured if I’d go talk to her instead of just trying to avoid her, she might actually listen to me.”

It was her turn to let out a snort. “Yeah, ‘cause that turned out really well the last time.” He gave her a somewhat annoyed look, but didn’t say anything. “Fine. But if you’re gonna go see her, I’m coming with you.”

“Um...” William got a skeptic expression on his face. “Not sure if that’s such a good idea, luv.”

“Maybe not. But I don’t care.” The stubborn note in Buffy’s voice made it clear to him that the matter was not up for discussion. “You go – I go. Simple as that.”

He looked at her for a moment, then nodded in acceptance. “All right.”

She frowned, having not expected him to give in so easily. Then she realized that he didn’t look forward to another confrontation with Drusilla, anymore than she did. He just didn’t see any other option. Buffy’s heart went out to him, and she reached out and put her hand on his knee. “It’s gonna be okay.”

William gave her a small smile before slipping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her close. “Hope you’re right, pet.”

“Of course I’m right.” She sounded a lot more certain than she really was, even managing to return his smile. “Now, let’s just forget all about Drusilla for tonight. It’s late. How about we finish our chocolate and go to bed?”

“Depends.” His brow went up, suggestively. “Planning to go to sleep right away, or...?” Seeing how she blushed, he couldn’t help but smirk.

“Well...” Her eyes met his. “Not necessarily.”

He jumped up from the couch, grabbed her hand and pulled her up on her feet as well. “In that case, what are we bloody waiting for?” Buffy giggled and let him lead her into the bedroom.


~ ~ ~


The next day, William and Buffy jumped into the car and headed for Drusilla’s house. There had been no more phone calls since last night, but that was probably only because William had kept his cell phone off. When he rang the door bell, he was determined to get Dru to listen to him, once and for all, and then leave.

Buffy glanced at him, not wanting him to know how nervous she really was. “I’m thinking brief stay.”

William nodded in agreement. “Yeah, you’re not wrong.” The door swung open, and he found himself standing face to face with Liam. He frowned. “Well, look at that. Not wasting any time, are you?”

Liam looked a little uncomfortable, casting a look over his shoulder. “What are you doing here?” Then he noticed Buffy for the first time. “And why did you bring her?”

William opened his mouth, but Buffy beat him to it; “First of all; no one brought me here. This may come as a surprise to you, but I’m not an object. I’m fully capable of making my own decisions, thank you very much.” She turned to her boyfriend. “I don’t like him.”

“Know the feeling, pet.” William ignored the somewhat hurt look on Liam’s face. “So, where is she?”

Liam looked from William to Buffy, then let out a sigh and took a step back. “Fine. You guys might as well come in. I’ll get her.”


~ ~ ~


Drusilla watched the newly arrived visitors with a blank expression on her face, making sure not to let her fury show. She had not expected William to show up again so soon, and even more upsetting was the fact that he hadn’t even had the decency to come alone. No, he had to bring that cheap little slut, as if he hadn’t humiliated her enough already.

At least she had company as well. When Liam had showed up at her doorstep last night, she had almost slammed the door in his face. The nerve of him! At first, he had practically begged her to let him in, insisting he had to talk to her. But when he seemed to realize that she only found his behavior pathetic, he had lost his temper. Calling her all sorts of names, accusing her of being a selfish bitch.

For some reason, his anger had turned her on. And she had let him in. Of course, she was not interested in hearing any of his lame excuses. However, after what he had put her through – with Darla – he owed her a lot, and he was clearly willing to try and make it up to her. She had made it perfectly clear to him that she was the one in charge, and he had been wise enough not to object.

She had let him fuck her for hours, in any ways possible, until they were both too exhausted to go on. But when he had finally fallen asleep on top of her, his arms tightly around her and his cock still inside her, she had firmly pushed him off her and down on the floor. If he thought she would allow him to sleep in her bed, he was sadly mistaken. And yet, when she had woken up this morning, he was still here.

Drusilla suddenly got the feeling that Liam genuinely regretted what he had done, and really wanted her back. She just wasn’t sure how she felt about it. In a way, she suspected that he would be more willing to play the father of her unborn child than William ever would. In fact, Liam might even accept the baby, even if it would turn out not to be his.

But she refused to let William off the hook that easily. She wanted revenge; wanted him to look at her and realize that he had lost the most precious thing he’d ever had in his pathetic life. Wanted him to beg her to take him back while she just laughed right in his face. She wanted the baby to be his, just so she could take it away from him without giving him a chance to even look at it.

Still, the idea of actually having the baby seemed to get less and less appealing. Deep down, she doubted that she would be able to go through with it, knowing that she wasn’t exactly fit for being a mother. But she would never admit it out loud. The thought of having an abortion had crossed her mind more than once over the last couple of days, but something was holding her back.

Her pregnancy could very well be her last link to William; the one thing she still had to use against him. Then again, there might be a way she could kill two birds with one stone. An idea was slowly starting to take form in her head. It might be a bit risky, but she didn’t doubt that she would be able to pull it off. She had always been a good actor. A smile spread on her face.

Some might say it was a cruel plan, or even pure evil. As far as she was concerned, it was absolutely perfect. William deserved to suffer. Of course, he would never realize what hit him. Drusilla cocked her head to the side. “Hello, Spike. I’m so glad you came.”


TBC