Author's Chapter Notes:
I obviously don't have many readers left on this one. I'm sorry to say this, but it's seriously killing my motivation to write. However, I decided to focus on trying to finish this and be done with it. There will probably not be more than 2 chapters after this one. I wanted to make it longer, but my muse has clearly left the building.
Photobucket



”Let me see if I got this straight.” Liam paused. “You don’t want this kid?”

Drusilla crossed her arms over her chest. “No, I don’t.”

He was silent for a moment, then nodded in acceptance. “Okay.” The way her face darkened made him realize it had been the wrong thing to say. He just wasn’t sure he understood why. “What?”

“Is that all you have to say?” Her voice was cold.

“I...” Liam let out a frustrated sigh. “What do you want me to say? It’s your body. I really have no say in this. Maybe you should be having this discussion with the father. Except that you don’t know who it is.” He shook his head in irritation.

“You really don’t care.” It was a state of fact, not a question. Drusilla watched him, closely. She felt like her head was spinning. Liam kept going on about how much he wanted her, that he would be there for her no matter what. And still, he obviously couldn’t care less about whether or not she chose to have this child.

“I care about you,” Liam insisted. “And if you decide to keep it, that’s fine. I’ll help you out, I already told you. But the thing is, you clearly don’t want to keep it. So I really don’t see why we’re even having this conversation.”

“Very well.” She sounded calm, but inside, she was fuming. “I’m getting rid of it.”

He nodded, somewhat carefully this time. “Maybe it’s for the best. If you wanna have a kid some day, we’ll get one. I promise.”

“I see.” Drusilla’s eyes narrowed. “Tell me something, Angel. If this baby might have been yours, would you still feel the same way?”

He looked at her in confusion. “Does it really matter? It’s not.”

Drusilla didn’t want the child. She just wanted it all to be over. Still, for some reason, his words made her feel cold inside. Liam had listened to the heartbeats on the monitor, just like she had. He knew there was a living thing growing inside her. And yet, he took it so lightly. It just felt wrong, somehow, how this child, this human being, was so clearly wanted by no one.

It suddenly occurred to her that by having an abortion, she was in fact doing her unborn child a favor. Because the world was a cold, hard place, where nobody gave a damn about anyone but themselves. She knew that all too well. People kept talking about love, but the truth was, that was just their pathetic, wishful thinking. In reality, no one really cared.


~ ~ ~


“Wanna go see a movie tonight?” Buffy started to sit up, giggling as William playfully grabbed her arm and pulled her back down. “What are you doing?”

“What’s it look like I’m doing?” He rolled on top of her and started nibbling on her neck. “M’about to shag you silly.”

Buffy let out a goodhearted laugh. “Again? Think I’m all shagged out for the moment.” Despite her words, she didn’t object as his hand slowly wandered over her thigh.

“Can’t get enough of you, sweetheart.” William’s voice was husky as he started rubbing her clit, causing her to moan. “Dunno how I survived for so long without you. You’re in my blood, like a drug.” His hand became still, pulling back slightly, and he hid a smile as she whimpered in protest. “Let me taste you,” he whispered.

“God, yes!” He placed a soft kiss on her lips and slipped under the covers. Buffy shivered with pleasure as he started licking her, slowly, sensationally, and she closed her eyes as she ran her fingers through his hair. “More,” she gasped. “Please, William...”

“Want more, do you?” He teased her with his tongue again, before raising his head a little. “Want me to make you come?” She could only nod, and he couldn’t help but smirk. “Can’t hear you, luv. What do you want me to do? Say it.”

Her eyes snapped open and she looked at him, as if to see if he was serious. Then she gave him a sweet smile. “I want you to fuck me.”

His lips curled into a sexy grin as he slowly crawled on top of her again, his eyes locked on hers, reminding her of a black panther, hungrily watching its pray. Then he easily slid inside her, thrusting his hips up and down as he started pumping his painfully hard cock into her.

Buffy threw her head back, her body mimicking his movements, and she grabbed his shoulders to pull him even closer. “Oh, God!”

“Tell me you love me,” he demanded.

She captured his lips with hers, then buried her face in the crook of his neck. “I love you.”

He started thrusting even faster. “Tell me you want me.”

“I’ll always... Oh!” Buffy let out a muffled scream as she came without warning, her arms tightening around him.

William kept going, never slowing down, even for a moment, and came with a silent gasp mere seconds after her. For a couple of minutes, they just lay there, panting. Finally he pulled back a little, a soft look on his face. “You were amazing.”

Buffy managed to give him a smile, although her entire body felt like jelly. “Got the job done yourself.” She paused. “Think my legs are broken.”

He chuckled. “Telling me you’re all shagged out again?” She nodded with a small pout. “Let’s take a break, then. Need to use the loo.” Starting to get up, he then stopped and kissed her softly on the forehead. “Be back in a minute, luv.” Then he gave her a teasing grin. “If I were you, I’d use the time wisely. Expect you to be ready for another go when I get back.”

She swatted him playfully on the chest. “What are you, the energizer bunny?”

Curling his tongue behind his teeth, William opened his mouth to say something, but got interrupted by a knock on the door. He frowned. “Expecting someone?”

“Don’t think so.” There was a teasing gleam in her eyes. “Mind getting that? Could be my secret lover.” She giggled.

“Bloody hilarious, pet.” He found his jeans on the floor and started pulling them on. When he glanced at her, she batted her eyelashes at him and blew him a kiss. He rolled his eyes, but leaned down to give her one last kiss on the lips before heading for the door.

“This better be good,” he joked as he jerked the door open. Then his eyes widened in surprise, and he suddenly wished he had taken the time to put on his shirt. “Dru?”

“Hello, Spike.” Her eyes ran over his upper body for a moment, then she seemed to snap out of it. “I need to speak with you.”

“William?” Buffy appeared in the doorway to the bedroom, giving him a questioning look.

“S’all right, pet.” Forcing back a sigh, William turned to Drusilla. “What do you want?”

Drusilla cast a brief look at Buffy. “Can we speak in private?”

His eyes narrowed in suspicion. “Why?” She just looked at him, and he rolled his eyes. “Oh, bloody hell! You got five minutes.” With that he headed for the kitchen, not bothering to see if she was coming.

Drusilla stepped inside, starting to follow him, but Buffy hurried to get in her way. “What kinda game are you playing now?”

The dark-haired woman smiled a little. “No games. But I can see why you would feel threatened by me.” She put her hand on top of her belly.

“Oh, please!” Buffy snorted. “You’re pathetic, Dru. Face it; you’re no threat to anyone. William loves me. Whether you’re carrying his child or not, nothing will ever change that.”

Drusilla’s smile faded. “Get out of my way.” She pushed Buffy aside and entered the kitchen. Buffy glared at the closed door, but decided against following. William could handle Drusilla by himself, she had no doubts about that. And the sooner that rich bitch would get to speak her mind, the sooner she would be out of there.


~ ~ ~


“Well?” William gave Drusilla an expectant look. “Have something to say? Go ahead.” She opened her mouth, but he raised a hand to stop her. “Wait. Captain Forehead know you’re here?” He was met by a blank look. “Liam! Or Angel, or whatever the hell you like to call him.”

“He’s no angel.” She let out a cold laugh. “Had me fooled, though. For a moment, I actually thought...” Her voice trailed off, and she shook her head, as if to clear her thoughts. “But that’s not important. What I’m here to tell you is.” She took a step closer. “I changed my mind about fulfilling the pregnancy.”

William raised a brow, not sure he had heard her correctly. “Come again?”

She glared at him. “Look me in the eyes, William, and tell me you want me to have this child.”

“You have got to be fucking kidding me!” He stared at her in disbelief. “You’ve been on and on about what a soddin’ miracle this is. And now you’re telling me you’ve changed your mind? Just like that? Sorry, Dru, not buying it. What’s this about?”

“It’s about power.” Drusilla walked over to the kitchen sink, turning her back against him as she looked out the window. It was starting to get dark outside. “About having it. Or not. I always thought I did. But it turns out I was wrong.” She lowered her eyes. “I couldn’t stop this from happening.”

“Not sure I’m following.” William took a hesitant step towards her, then stopped. “This is real, Dru. You were there at the ultrasound. It’s too late to change your bleedin’ mind. Kid’s there, inside you. You can’t just...”

“Don’t!” Her fists clenched around the edge of the sink, so hard it turned her knuckles white. “It’s not a baby. It’s barely a fetus. It has no mind, no soul, nothing! And I don’t want it. No one does.”

“How can you say that?!” William walked over to her, grabbed her arm and forced her to turn around and face him. “Are you really that bloody cold hearted? You keep telling me I’m the father of your child, and now you’re saying you want rid of it? Well, I won’t let you do it.”

Drusilla laughed, bitterly. “What makes you think you have anything to say about it? I am not here to ask for your permission. I was going to have an abortion without telling anyone. Then I decided I wanted to see your face when I told you. And since my decision clearly upsets you, I’m glad I did.”

He shook his head in disgust. “You’re crazy, you know that? Off your bleedin’ rocker. This all a big joke to you, isn’t it? Did you...?” He stopped as realization started to hit him. “Sod this! You never wanted it in the first place, did you?”

She sighed in defeat. “For a moment, I did. Or at least, so I thought. But I was wrong. I have nothing to offer this child, William.”

“Then why did you let things go so bloody far?!” William glared at her. “What if it is mine? I’ll raise the kid, you don’t have to...”

Drusilla laughed again. “What, you and Buffy? I don’t think so.” She turned her back on him again, her eyes landing on a sharp, kitchen knife in the sink. For a moment, she just stared at the object, like hypnotized. Then she slowly reached out her hand towards it.

“Look, Dru...” Unaware of what she was doing, William ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. “We’ve had our differences. We both know there was never any true love between us. But if our so called relationship actually resulted in a child, then...” He hesitated. “I don’t want you to have the abortion.”

“If you say so. Then I won’t.” He was surprised by her words, until she turned around. His eyes widened as he realized what she was holding. “I will cut it out myself.” Before William’s mind had even registered what was happening, she raised the knife and let the sharp blade sink into her stomach.


TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Oh, yeah. Warning for evil cliffie... ;)