Author's Chapter Notes:
I seriously loved Faith on the show. I liked her even better when she came back for season 7. I'm a total Eliza fan and loved Tru Calling. For those of you who are like minds, watch out for the new show she and Joss are working on. Due to release on FOX sometime soon.
Have Faith

Buffy finally came out of her trance and crossed her arms. "Faith."

Immediately, Spike recognized the name. He'd never had the pleasure of meeting her, but after all, he'd made Slayers his hobby for a long time before working with, and loving one. He knew of her.

The second Slayer looked over the faces of the first's friends. Dawn had grown a few inches. Willow and her friend, what's-her-name, they seemed to be together still. Xander and the girl he'd been with before. Anya, if she remembered right. There was a stranger as well, although she was pretty sure she'd seen him before. Something about the hair and the cheekbones. Then there was Buffy.

Faith knew she didn't have anyplace else to go. The bus ticket had taken most of the cash she'd gotten upon her release. The faces of the group that recognized her grimaced at her presence. She knew that look. She'd seen it too many times in her life.

"Look, B, I know you don't want me here-"

Dawn cut in. "Well aren't you the perceptive one?"

Faith eyed the tall teen.

"Dawn." Buffy quieted her sister, then looked back at Faith. "What do you want? And shouldn't you be locked up somewhere?"

Faith leaned down to the dark blue duffel bag at her feet and pulled out a thick business envelope. "I was released." She handed the envelope to Buffy. "The Council set it up."

"What?!" Buffy's head snapped up. "That's impossible." She shook her head.
Faith just shrugged.

"Giles would have said something," Willow added.

Buffy unfolded the paper and skimmed it. She noted Quentin's signature. She turned to the redhead and handed the papers to her. "Call Giles. It was Quentin."

Willow nodded quickly and went into the kitchen.

Faith watched the easy interaction, remembering when she'd been a part of it. "I went to Giles's. That's why I'm here. There's some couple living at his place, so I tried to look him up in the phone book. But he's not listed anywhere."

She looked over the group again. Their faces still held contempt but something else as well. Like they knew a secret.

Xander was shuffling his feet. Willow's girlfriend seemed nervous as she looked back at the kitchen. Dawn simply looked pissed. And the strange guy seemed to be waiting for something. Anya was clasping Xander's hand.

Buffy sighed. Obviously Travers had made some plans for Faith. In all likelihood, he was probably hoping to get himself a new Slayer. She thought for a second, then listened for Faith's heartbeat. It was there, strong and a bit fast. She was scared, or maybe just nervous. "Faith, just come on in. Why don't you tell us what's going on?"

Dawn gave her sister the evil eye.

"What!" Xander yelled.

Buffy turned on him quickly. "Something's up. I'd like to know what. Ok?"

"Fine. Sure. Why not? We'll just add another murderer to the ranks." He threw his arms up and followed the group back into the living room. "No offense, man," he threw back at Spike.

These comments, although few and far between, were accepted banter between the two males. "None taken."

Xander's remark had cut Faith, though. She looked at her feet then watched as they all walked back into the living room. She had been invited, but Faith scooped up her bag with trepidation and followed the group, shutting the door behind her.

Everyone resumed his or her previous seats, all but Willow, who was back in the kitchen. Faith leaned on the side table by the couch and used it as a seat as she let the bag fall to the floor.

Willow walked in just as everyone was settled. "Giles had no clue. He's going to have Audrey and her friends work on finding information. He said he'd call when they do."

"Wait." Faith stood up. "I know you guys are into Giles, but shouldn't someone ask The Council what's going on?"

Silent looks went around the room. Buffy finally looked back at her 'sister slayer gone bad.' "Faith, trust me, Giles is who we need to talk to. I'll fill you in on it, but right now I need to know why you're here."

Faith leaned back on the end table. "Sure. Fair's fair." She placed her hands on either side of her on the table and began. "A couple of days ago, some paperwork came through for me. That's what was in the envelope. Some special compensation because of The Council.

So I was released with a few bucks and was told to go to LAX."

"So you came here instead?" Dawn asked rolling her eyes at the older brunette. "Of course."

"Nibblet, let the girl talk." Spike sat forward to look at Dawn. She quieted and nodded.

"I only came here because no one was at the airport. No ticket, no nothing." She looked at Buffy. "I was gonna go to Angel's, but I figured Giles would have a better idea of what was going on. So I hopped on a Greyhound with what little cash I had. Only problem was-”

"Giles isn't here anymore," Buffy finished for her.

"Yeah. What's up with that?"

Buffy sighed. "He's in England. Newly appointed Head of The Council of Watchers."

Now Faith was even more confused than she had been when she'd been told she was getting out of jail. "But Quent's name is on the forms. What's goin' on, Buffy? Pissed off at me or not, I think I should know."

Another silence went around the room before Buffy began. They each took turns retelling the events of the last couple of months. Beginning with the phone call, going through tests and skimmed over the changes. Faith got a strange look on her face when it was revealed that the man sitting beside Buffy was once a vampire, but she listened on as they told of Quentin's plan to rid himself of Buffy.

They each shared their parts in the scheme to take back The Council. Buffy and Spike could only tell fragments of their trip to see the sisters. And finally how everything had changed.

"Whoa." Faith again stood up. "So you're like, a super Slayer?" She waited for the rage and jealousy to come over her, but, more than anything, she was somehow impressed.

"And Spike is what? Human?" It had hit Faith in a flash. She suddenly knew where she'd met this ominous former vampire. It took most of her control to stop the laughter that threatened to come forth.

"Bloody shame, isn't it?" Buffy whacked his shoulder at the same time as Dawn. "Ow. I was kidding." He rubbed both shoulders, seemingly hugging himself.

Tara had been sitting quietly, she'd only mentioned a few things during the retelling, but she'd noticed something. "Faith?" All eyes turned to the quiet Wiccan. "H-how did you know Spike's name? Did you read about him?"

Faith opened her mouth to speak, then shut it, rethinking her words. She contemplated Buffy and the relationship it seemed she shared with the blonde man. "If I tell ya, you promise not to throw me out?" she asked Buffy.

This piqued Spike's curiosity. He couldn't place her, and he knew he would have remembered meeting another Slayer.

"This is going to be bad, isn't it?" Buffy asked Spike.

Spike shrugged. "I have no idea. Don't know 'er."

"Well it can't be good," Anya started. "Otherwise she wouldn't be worried about being thrown out," She surmised while motioning to the dark slayer.

"It's not terrible, but," Faith took a needed breath, "remember when I switched with ya?"

"Oh, yeah. It's gonna be bad." Buffy nodded at her own statement, then a terrible thought came to her. Her eyes widened with memories of what Faith had done with Riley. "Oh god! You didn't!" She looked at Spike. "You didn't sleep with..." She covered her face with her hands. "Oh god."

"No, Buff. Nothing like that," Faith assured her. "I was out, you know, bein' a royal bitch in your body."

"Can say that again," Willow heard Tara whisper, quite out of character.

Buffy nodded so Faith would keep going.

"Well I saw him." Faith motioned towards Spike. "And well… I sort of… came on to him. Hard."

Spike sat up straight, looked from Buffy, then to Faith, then back to Buffy. "Bollocks."

Faith felt bad, but there was an amount of humor to the situation. "It was because he made it sound like the Slayer wasn't a big deal. Like you wouldn't hurt him. I knew he was a vampire, and a guy, so I played on it."

"What?" Buffy asked Spike. "What did she say?"

Spike was beginning to get a clear idea as to why the Scoobs didn't like this Slayer much. "Nothing that needs repeating."

Buffy tilted her head and looked at him. He shook his head, really not wanting to tell her. In fact, wishing it wasn't so. After all, it was after that that some seriously disturbing thoughts began to roll around in his head.

Looking back at Buffy, he figured he might as well tell her, but not everyone in the room needed to hear. He leaned to her, and, soft enough that he was sure no one else in the room could hear, at least not without seriously geared up ears, he whispered words he still hadn't forgotten. "I could ride you at a gallop until your legs buckled and your eyes rolled up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you popped like warm champagne, and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more. And you know why I don't? Because it's wrong."

Buffy's eyes widened with every syllable. When he finished retelling the words, she sat silent. The anger brimming inside her burned her stomach and her chest. She was jealous.

Faith's face went from a small smile, because sorry or not, this was funny, to a look of fear. She was now staring into the eyes of a very pissed off Slayer.

Buffy held her own, though. She stayed seated.

Spike watched her stay under control, knowing himself how hard it could be sometimes.

He whispered again, "Makes you feel any better, you've never disappointed."

Buffy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Then she looked into the blue eyes that helped to keep her grounded. "I think we need a new installment of the 'past is past' rule," she said before leaning forward to look at Faith. "That is, if you don't have any plans on killing us anytime soon?"

Faith had expected at least a punch in the nose, possibly a foot to the gut, not an offer to forget. She'd tried to be prepared for the punching actually. But talking? Talking usually got her into more trouble than a good fist fight. Ok, maybe not always, but she was better at fighting.

"Look, Buffy. I screwed up. In about the worst ways you can screw up. I spent the last two years knowin' it. But I've been trying. You know? Workin' on it. Not saying I'm up for taking orders or anything, but as for torture," she paused and looked at Dawn and Xander, then at Willow and back to Buffy. "Done with it. Killing, with the exception of vamps and demons? I'm done."

"Ok," Buffy said easily. Apparently a bit too easily.

"OK!?" Xander stood up. "How can this be ok? I know you hate the voice of reason, Buff, but do you have a problem with-"

Buffy cut him off. "Xander, just let me-"

"I'm sorry, Buffy, but I'm not so sure this is a good idea." Willow had to agree with Xander.

Buffy smiled politely at Faith, then stood up and practically dragged her two closest friends into the kitchen. Once they were out of earshot, Buffy put on her own version of a resolve face.

"Look guys, I know you don't trust her. I don't either. But I'd rather not trust her here then off who knows where doing, or killing, who knows what. Get it?"

A look of great understanding passed over both Xander's and Willow's faces.

"I get it. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." Xander nodded as he quoted a memorable saying.

Buffy smiled at her friend's words. "Yeah, but if she's really changed we can't treat her like the enemy. I'll take her on patrols with Spike and me. We'll have to play the rest by ear. At least until Giles calls and gives us an idea of what else to do,"

Willow was still concerned. "Where is she going to stay?"

Buffy looked around the kitchen as though a bed might magically appear. Her eye fell on the door to the basement. It wasn't fancy, but it would have to do. Dawn's old bed was in pieces in the lowest level of the Summers home, but it could easily be reassembled. "I think I have it covered." She gazed at her friends again. "We good?"

"Yup," Willow said.

Xander nodded. "Not cozy warm by the fire good, but thick jacket in the middle of a blizzard good."

"Oookay."

They went back into the living room.

Spike still sat on the couch, a gap for her between him and Dawn. He had, of course, heard the whole conversation. Having the other Slayer stay with them wasn't something he looked forward to, but he couldn't fault Buffy's reasoning.

" 'Kay, Faith. We're all settled," she said as she walked back and seated herself on the couch. "As long as you don't mind taking the basement here. That's assuming you need a place?"

Faith was a bit confused, but she'd honestly learned a few lessons during her stint in an 8'x8' cell. One was 'Never look a gift horse in the mouth.' "Can I fix it up a bit?" she asked.

Buffy smiled at her. "Sure."

Faith, still leaning against the small table, looked over the room. Dawn had a look that could kill still plastered to her young face. Anya, Xander, Tara, and Willow seemed to be studying the walls and floor. Spike didn't seem put off, just unsure if there was anything to say. Buffy noticed the silence. "Well, guys? I thought we were having a movie fest?"

"Oh. Right." Willow stood up. "Movies."

"Yeah, the movies," Tara said. She looked back again at the newcomer. "It's probably been awhile since you've seen any. W-was there anything you'd like us to keep an eye out for?"

Even Faith had to be touched that Tara would ask. "I heard 'The Matrix' was good. Big on the special effects."

Tara smiled. "Ok." The couple walked out, Willow giving Buffy a concerned look before she closed the door.

"I guess that's our cue," Xander said. He decided Tara had the right, or at least the polite, idea. "We're on snack detail. Pizza and chips are on the list so far. Anything you want?" He asked Faith.

"Anything other than a bologna sandwich," Faith said. "Maybe a hamburger? With cheese?"

Xander had to take her in again. Maybe she had changed. "Was that a question? Because yes, Sunnydale does have hamburgers, and, yes, sometimes even with cheese."

A small smile graced Faith's face. "Well, I'll take one of those. Maybe some fries, too."

Then she did something that he knew was out of the old Faith's character. She stood up and pulled a few wrinkled dollars out of her pocket. "I have four bucks. Will that cover it?"

Anya flashed a smile at the girl. She obviously had little cash, and yet was willing to pay her own way.

Xander put his hand up. "Not necessary. I make the big bucks. I can now afford a hamburger. Fries, even."

Faith looked at him thankfully. She had no idea how she was going to make any money.

Before, she'd had an apartment, not a fancy one, but livable. It was cheap cuz she was broke. She'd only had the money she'd grabbed off her Watcher after Kakistos killed him.

She suddenly liked Buffy's 'past is past' rule.

Anya waved goodbye as Xander and she walked out.

Spike sat for a second, then stood up. "I've still got unpacking to do." He looked back at Dawn. "Nibblet?"

She rolled her eyes. "Fine." They went up the stairs, Dawn grumbling all the way up.

After the Slayers were alone, Faith got up and sat on one of the vacant armchairs. "So, Buffy. Looks like things are going ok."

"Yeah. Not too awful."

Faith looked around the house, then back at the blonde across from her. "I'm sorry. You know? About your mom."

Buffy nodded slightly but didn't say anything.

"She always treated me decent." Faith clasped and unclasped her hands in front of her. "All of you did."

Buffy gazed at Faith. She was the same at first glance. Black tank top and leather pants. Docs on her feet to complete the look. Too many bulky bracelets and bright red lipstick. But she wasn't the same girl. At least not in her demeanor. Offering to pay for her hamburger wasn't a big deal, if not for the fact that it would have been her last few dollars.

Buffy had seen the small wad of cash. The girl had next to nothing.

And she was quiet. Not at all like the mouthy Slayer she'd been. A comment for everything, always rude or explicit. Didn't matter which, just as long as she got her piece in. Now when she said something, she was subtle, contrite, and even a bit solemn.

"Faith." Buffy sat forward in her seat. "Look, I know you turned yourself in, and that's a huge step. Angel told me awhile ago that he thought you were doing ok. And I trust his judgment, but it's not going to be a free pass. Not for everything. I don't need to explain why."

Faith shook her head. She knew why. "I'm not asking for a free ride or anything. I didn't even ask to get out yet."

Buffy looked straight into her eyes. "I know, just let me say this. Ok?"

Faith sat back, silent, and let Buffy talk. "You're not a prisoner here, but you have to earn your keep. You'll need to patrol, get a job, pitch in on the bills." She watched for Faith's expression to turn to dread. It didn't. She still sat, nodding at the list of things needed for her to stay in Buffy's home. "The rest, trust for instance, will take time."

"I get that, B. I just… I don't know where I'm supposed to go now. I figured with Quentin, it would be a bitch, but I'd have a place. You know?"

"Trust me. With Quentin is not where you want to be." She tried to decide how much she should tell Faith. Trying to decide if she should know that, had there been a plane ticket to England, she most likely wouldn't have lived long enough to have a place.

"You ladies gonna gossip all bloody day?!" they heard Spike bellow from upstairs. "Still some things need doing around here."

Faith eyed the ceiling. "You're gonna have to tell me about this vampire fetish you have sometime, though."

"I can't believe you said that. To Spike, of all people." Buffy shivered at the thought.

"I just wish you coulda seen his face. Funny, actually. Especially since you two seem to be a thing now."

Buffy tried to imagine what the old Spike's reaction would have been. Shock, that was for sure. Anger, yeah. Cuz Spike was always pissed after the chip. "Why?"

"Let's just say, he looked like he had enough spanking material for a good long while."

Buffy cocked an eyebrow and looked up at the ceiling. "Warm champagne, huh?" She stood up and led Faith to the basement door. "That's actually a fairly good description."

"I know. Slayer here, too, you know?" Faith pointed at herself as she followed Buffy down into the basement where sat a bed that was in several pieces. She figured it might take her about 20 minutes to put it together. Maybe more. It was just a small frame and a headboard. The mattress was leaned against the wall with the box spring on top.

Buffy smiled. "I know." She sighed at the bed. "You mind getting that together?" She looked at the duffel in Faith's hand. "Looks like you traveled light, and there's still a few boxes to unpack upstairs. This was Spike's moving-in day"

"Oh, man. And I busted up the moving day party."

"No. No busted. We're still doing the moving part," She assured Faith. "And I think you saved us all by recommending a movie. There's only so many times you can watch the teeny bopper stuff Dawn requests."

Buffy went to the shelves and moved a few things around so Faith would have someplace to put her things. When she was done, there were three empty shelves and some piping clear to hang clothing from.

"We have a little while 'til the guys will be back. You want any help unpacking?" Buffy asked.

"I think I've got it. Thanks." She nodded once.

Again, Buffy gave Faith a polite smile. "Ok. I'll help Dawn and Spike then. See you in a bit?"

"Yeah. I don't have much. Like you said." She lifted the oversized bag. It had in it, everything she owned.

" 'Kay." The blonde Slayer turned and headed up the steps to the first floor.

Faith pulled out what would make the bed frame once assembled and went to work. She was glad. At least she'd have a place to stay for awhile. She'd probably get herself kicked out, or sent back to jail again, but, for now at least, she was home.


Chapter End Notes:
I want to again thank everyone who sent reviews for CH 1. It gives me a thrill to see old and new nicks. I'd like to thank Amanda who seemed to catch up with everything in this series in 2 days. Heck, I don't think I could read it all in 2 days. Well Done!
**I put up a one shot titled Communication 101. It's a fairly easy read and was something I just kinda felt I had to put out there. Please check it out.