Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the 3rd episode in Angel Season 5. I couldn't get a beta to go through this chapter so please forgive me for any grammar mistakes. REVIEWS ARE REQUESTED AND APPRECIATED.
Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I'm continuing the story which didn't end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.




Buffy and Dawn walked into W&H building anxiously. Both sisters were feeling differently when they enter. Dawn is excited since she woke up that morning. She couldn't wait to see the blonde vampire she missed so much. She was practically dragging her sister by her hand into the building. Buffy on the other hand was still unsure on how to act around Spike. She knew she had to talk to him openly about her feelings but she didn't know how to start. They didn't have a good start last night and Buffy didn't know how the vampire is going to react today.

"Come on Buffy. We must hurry." Dawn said while dragging her sister.

"Ease up Dawn. He's around here somewhere. You have plenty of time to see him."

"I can't wait any longer. I want to see him now."

"Well, we'll have to look around the building. He can be anywhere. He just walks through the walls you know?"

"Let's go ask Angel or his friends. They might know where Spike was seen recently."

Mentally agreeing that her sister was right logically, Buffy let herself be dragged towards Angel's office.

They both walked into the office to see the whole gang sitting there talking about something.

"Hey guys. Does anyone know where Spike is?" Buffy came straight to the point knowing Dawn will not want to sit around waiting.

"Hey Dawn. Welcome to W&H. Do you want a tour?" Angel asked Dawn who shook her head.

"Maybe another time. I want to see Spike now." She replied resolutely.

"I saw him last in my lab. He was hanging around in there. Might be there still." Fred answered helpfully to Buffy's question.

"Thanks" with a nod towards the others, Buffy walked out of the door with a hyper-energized teenage bomb.

Both sisters moved towards the lab and found it empty. They checked the rooms nearby and saw no sign of Spike anywhere. They started to move towards the quarters one by one and in one of them, they saw the blonde haired vampire sitting by the window looking outside.

"Spike!" Dawn squeaked and flew towards him not hearing her sister's warning.

Spike turned around to see a blur of an image running towards him and right through him. He turned around to see Dawn looking shocked and surprised after going through him.

"Hey Nibblet. Didn't your big sis tell you about yours truly being all ghost almighty?" He chuckled.

"Sorry" Dawn replied sheepishly. "She did tell me but I forgot. I just missed you so much. You don't have any idea how happy I am to see you here." She was positively glowing with a bright smile. It was definitely a better greeting than the one he received a year ago.

"It's ok Bit. No harm done. I'm glad to see you too. I missed you a lot for a while now." his head hung down in shame when he said that.

"I'll leave you two alone." Buffy said knowing both of them need to talk things out and walked out of the room closing the door. She knew they both were not on speaking terms last year and after everything went down, they need the space to talk with each other.

"I'm sorry Spike. I should not have behaved the way I did with you in the last year. I was just so angry at you; I didn't realize what it would be like to lose you." Dawn apologized.

"Don't be sorry Bit. I deserved it. I did a terrible thing and I don't expect you to forgive me for it." Spike turned away from Dawn. "I didn't realize what I was doing and after that, I couldn't live with what I did. I can understand your anger and I fully deserve it."

Dawn walked around Spike to face him face-to-face.

"I was angry at you for abandoning me. I always expected you to be there to protect me and then you weren't. That's what hurt me the most. And what you did to my sister made me question about my opinion of you. I always believed that you were a good guy when everyone said otherwise and when I heard what you tried to do to my sister made me question whether everyone was right and I was wrong."

Seeing Spike cringe inside, Dawn softened. "But when you came back with a soul, I did realize how much it must have hurt you too. I know how much you mocked Angel for having a soul and how you liked the way you were. So I can understand how much you must have hated yourself to willingly get a soul. I was still angry for abandoning me but also a bit ashamed to talk to you. Then the First came in and everything became a big mess."

Dawn captured Spike's guilty glance. "I just wish everything to go back to how they were. I want you to be there to protect me. I want you to cheer me up when I'm down and I want you to do silly things with me and call me by your silly names." After pausing for a moment, she continued. "I want you to be part of my life Spike. Can you promise me that?"

Spike simply nodded his head in response. When he looked at her again, there were tears in his eyes. "I don't know what's there left for me Nibblet. But I promise you that I won't leave you willingly. And I will always be there for you no matter what."

Dawn nodded in understanding. After taking a moment to calm down, Dawn asked cheerfully.

"So what's new happening in here? Anything exciting?"

"Well, the gang is searching for a girl who just turned into a werewolf." Dawn's eyes widened at that. "They're pretty strong let me tell you. I had a wee spat with a werewolf myself once. Fought for over an hour. Brutal, vicious."

"Really?"

"Oh yes. Almost lost my-" Spike was interrupted by a voice from the door.

"I hear Angel killed one with a pen last night." Buffy walked in.

"Oh great. Came in to rain in my pride parade did you?" Spike asked with disappointment while Dawn and Buffy tried to hide their laughter. After seeing Spike pouting like a kid, they couldn't hold it anymore and they broke into laughter.

"Great. Not only am I a useless ghost; I can't even try to be a big bad now." Spike said shaking his head disapprovingly at the laughing girls in front of him.

"Admit it Spike. You haven't been the big bad for a long time now. Give it up will ya?" Dawn replied back trying to control her laughter.

"Whatever. You Summers can laugh all you want, but this ghost is going for a walk." and Spike walked away into the wall.

"Spike, wait." Dawn called behind him. Seeing him disappear, she turned to Buffy.

"He didn't take it seriously now did he?" She asked in fear. She just patched things up with him and she didn't want a misunderstanding to ruin it again.

"Relax Dawn. It's just Spike being Spike. He'll be ok like always. He'll be coming through the wall anytime soon." and both sisters left the room to roam around the building.




When Buffy and Dawn reached Angel's office, they heard arguing voices. Both sisters looked at each other and sighed. They know the voices and they expected it to happen often. They entered the room to see Spike pointing out something to the rest.

"I'm just saying, the girl's a killer. Maybe not tonight or tomorrow, but she will get out of that cage."

"Not if she doesn't want to." Angel replied.

"I guess they are still dealing with the werewolf case." Buffy explained to her sister who just nodded in agreement.

"Oh, she'll want to. It's unfortunate, but..." Royce was interrupted by Spike.

"And when it's not that time of month? She'll be wracked by the guilties. What with a soul and all."

"Didn't seem to bother you." Buffy wanted to interfere at Angel's lack of compassion but Spike was quicker.

"Oh, it's been nothing but a pain in my..." and he vanished again in the midst of his sentence.

"Finally. I'll take Nina by her house." Angel said to his team careless about Spike vanishing.

"Wait a minute. What the hell happened?" Buffy asked the people in the room while Dawn looked alarmed by Spike going away.

"What? Spike? He does that sometimes. Side effect of being a ghost I guess." Angel replied impassively. Buffy looked at the other members of his team. Wesley and Gunn seemed to disregard what happened while Fred looked like she was panicking inside. Buffy didn't want to create a scene so she kept quiet.

"Angel, it's the middle of the day. Unless you plan on waiting in the car..." Fred said to her boss.

"Take security. In case she changes her mind." Angel replied.

Buffy decided to wait until Fred returns to ask if she knew anything more about Spike's vanishing acts since last night. She was comforting yesterday while she looked panicked by his disappearance today. Her Slayer instincts were telling her that it was something serious and Fred knew about it. She looked at her sister who was looking around for an explanation from someone, and Buffy decided to distract her until she knew what was going on herself.

"Dawnie. Why don't I take you to school? We can come back later after your school is over to see him." Dawn was not convinced by Buffy's act but she kept silent knowing what Buffy was trying to do and followed her sister to the lift. After getting into the lift, she asked her sister the question that was plaguing her mind.

"Does he do that often?"

"I've only saw it once before and that was last night before I came back home. Other than that, this is the second time I saw it too." Buffy explained in her calm voice. Inside, she was panicking at what she saw too. She didn't know what to make of it.

"Where does he go?"

"I don't know Dawnie. I really don't know." Buffy couldn't hide her concern in her voice at that answer.




Buffy came back to the building after dropping her sister at school and spent the entire day walking around the building. It's a pretty big place and she spent all afternoon going around partly to get the feel of the place and the rest looking for Spike.

When she didn't find him anywhere and it was time for her to go pick up Dawn, she left quickly so that she can come back as soon as she can.

Both sisters returned to the office when they saw Fred coming out of the conference room calling out for the same ghostly vampire they were expecting to see. They started to chase after her.

"Spike. Spike, wait! Spike!" Fred followed him through the lobby.

Spike kept on walking down the hall, seemingly unable to hear Fred's calls to him. He just kept walking.

"Spike, stop! Spike?" Spike walked through the wall.

Buffy and Dawn kept their pace and followed Fred without losing her. Fred followed Spike by going through the adjacent door into an office.

"Spike, wait!" Spike went through the wall in the end of the room. "Spike, wait!" Fred ran to catch him but knocked out over a trashcan. "Ohh! Oh, damn. He's walking away like he can't hear me. Just whoot! Right through the—"

Fred stopped to put the trash back into the trashcan that she has split during her pursuit, but stopped when she noticed something peculiar. Just then, Dr. Royce walked into the office.

"Were you looking for me?" Royce questioned Fred.

"Oh, is this your office? I'm so sorry. I was following Spike, and I—I kind of made a mess. He just went right through the wall." Fred got up from the floor. Royce looked at the wall Spike went through. "It's so annoying when he does that, 'cause there's nothing you can do to..." Fred clubbed Royce with his lamp, knocking him out "stop him."

Buffy and Dawn entered the room at that moment and saw Fred clubbing the guy.

"Whoa!" both exclaimed in surprise. "What happened here?"

"He's the traitor." She showed the vial to Buffy. "How did you know to come here to find me?" She asked.

"We followed you. We saw you going after Spike and we tried to follow you. We took a wrong turn and when we came here, this guy is knocked out onto the floor." Buffy explained.

"Oh. Spike went through that wall. You try to find him. I'll have to show this to Angel."

"Ok then. But we need to talk soon." Buffy told Fred and walked out with Dawn beside her to find the other side of the wall Spike went through.




After solving the mystery and rescuing Nina, Fred walked towards her room to see Buffy and Dawn still in the building looking around.

"Did you find Spike?" She asked the Summers women. Both shook their head in disappointment.

"Don't worry. He will be fine. He always is." Fred comforted them.

Buffy turned towards her sister. "Why don't you go wait for me near the lift? I'll be with you in a second." Dawn walked away grumbling. She knew Buffy was going to ask about Spike and she wanted to know too. But sadly Buffy will not do it with her present.

Buffy turned her attention to Fred. "Do you know what is happening to him?" she asked looking deadly into Fred's eyes.

"He asked for my help to make him normal again." Fred told the truth partially.

"It's not like Spike. He doesn't ask for help from anyone." Buffy shook her head disbelievingly. "Something else is going on."

"He will be alright. I'll ask him to talk to you when I see him again." Fred comforted Buffy. She knew Buffy was worried about Spike and without breaking his confession, she was helpless.

Buffy nodded her head and mumbled a "Thanks" before walking towards the lift. Dawn kept quiet and didn't ask any questions after seeing Buffy's face. She knew her sister was not happy about whatever she heard from Fred and she didn't want to antagonize her by asking questions.


Chapter End Notes:
Hope it is good. Let me know by your reviews. I'm confused on how to write the next chapter as Spike was the main character in the episode. I don't want to write the same scenes from the episode but I can't figure out how to write around it. I have 2 versions. Please advise on how to proceed. REVIEW PLEASE.