Chapter 18: Demon Responses



Spike and Buffy went out to dinner the following night.

Spike realized they had officially been together six days now.

He was head over heels in love with her but in just three days; they would have to figure out what to do.

He didn’t want to let this weigh his thoughts down though.

He was determined to make the best of his time with Buffy and not worry so much about what the future would bring.

The wizard had stopped by earlier while Buffy was still sleeping since being unconscious hardly counts as sleeping so she was extra tired.

He carefully explained to the wizard what he wanted and sent him on his way to return in the middle of the day today with the item requested.

He was rather excited about giving her a present hoping she would appreciate it.

It would help him as well as her tons.

It was really the perfect gift and he couldn't wait until the wizard was finished with it.

They enjoyed dinner at the restaurant and he realized today he really wanted to spend the night with her making love but she asked to patrol again.

Patrolling was making him nervous but he figured he couldn’t hide from those wanker council people forever and having her go alone was definitely out of the question. So he agreed.

The night was mostly uneventful though but after watching Buffy in her little red skirt, knocking the piss out of some vampire, he was totally turned on.

He grinned and said, “Ever get it on in a crypt before?”

Buffy laughed and flirted right back saying, “Oh Big Bad Vampire, you make me so nervous. Are you saying you want me?”

With that Buffy swung her hair over her shoulder and wiggled her hips to entice him.

Before she knew what was happening, Spike was pushing her into the crypt and shoving her against a coffin and stripping her clothes off.

He quickly stripped his off as well.

He grinned and whispered in her ear with a husky voice, “Hope you’re ready for me luv cause I’m ready for you!”

Buffy giggled and whispered, “Always ready for you” and with that Spike drove into her in one big lunge making Buffy’s hips arch high off the stone coffin.

Between Spike’s cool fingers and the coolness of the coffin under her, she was in heaven and already really hot.

Spike slammed into her over and over again before using his fingers over her clit and sinking his fangs into her neck.

He was so caught up in the passion that before he knew it, his demon had taken over and he was roaring, “MINE! You are MINE!”

Buffy answered without thinking, “Yours, always yours.”

And she came undone beneath him as he took a few more pulls of her blood before removing his fangs and licking the wound shut.

Spike a little shaken by what had occurred and worried about the consequences, pulled Buffy to her feet and said, “We need to go home.”

Buffy nodded not totally understanding why Spike was pushing her to go home after such a wonderful love making fest but followed dutifully.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Upon returning to the mansion, he found Dalton using his microwave.

Buffy had offered it to him and Spike had said during the night hours he didn’t mind if he used it since Spike was rarely home.

Dalton muttered a quick, “I’ll be out of your way shortly" and almost dragged his blood out of the microwave before it was finished as Spike rested is hand over his and said, “Tis fine. Take your time.”

Just then Dalton caught a whiff of the newly claimed Buffy and his eyes got wide.

Before he could say anything, Spike noticed and nodded to him, their eyes speaking unspoken language as he finished heating his blood and took it with him leaving the two behind to talk.

Dalton wasn't wanting to be near them during this conversation.

He was a bit nervous about the results of it.

Buffy looked up at him and whispered, “What was that about?”

Spike paced the room a few times not quite looking at her unable to believe what had happened.

He knew it wasn’t Buffy’s fault.

Hell she probably didn’t even realize what she had agreed to but he knew he had to tell her.

It was a huge change and he had never planned on claiming anyone ever.

He had thought about claiming Dru a few times but Angelus never put up with the thought much less the actions.

He would be severely punished for attempting it.

He frowned remembering a few of the torture sessions that had followed suit after his attempted claims.

After a really bad torture session that had almost resulted in his death, he had given up on ever having a mate and now his demon had decided his mate was a human.

Not just any human but a slayer!

What was he going to do now?

Buffy finally was getting dizzy watching him pace like he was.

She was getting anxious and really nervous not understanding what was going on.

Buffy finally had enough and whirled him around to look at her and he could feel her confusion and worry.

He knew he needed to explain claims to her but wanted to do it in a way to not make this harder than it already was.

It was Thursday and they had 3 days to get used to it.

He sat down on the bed and pulled Buffy into his lap which she snuggled up to him still worrying about what everything meant and why he seemed so upset.

Spike for a slight selfish moment was thankful she didn’t claim him back.

This made it harder on him than her because he would feel everything she felt but she wouldn’t have to deal with his feelings.

He felt safer this way.

He was free to have his own thoughts and fears but not have to have Buffy know them. It was a small comfort.