Author's Chapter Notes:
Again unbetaed but much anticipated! Enjoy!

Chapter 22: A Friendly Visit



Buffy and Spike woke up together realizing today was the day he promised to meet up with Sam and Candy.

Taking the car, he drove Buffy and himself over there.

Becky raced up to the car being now 10 years old with a huge smile on her face seeing Spike.

She hugged him tight and asked where he had been.

He hadn’t visited since last Thursday which was a week. That’s a long time to a little girl.

She was just four years old when he had saved her and she had two pictures of her hero on her dresser that she looked at every day.

Her parents told her stories of how he had saved her life and how thankful they all were for her still being alive.

Spike returned the hug and looked down at the girl saying, “Poppet, how are you? Is school going well? Any boyfriends yet?”

Becky giggled a girlish giggle and replied, “I have a boyfriend. His name is Benny and he’s in four of my classes. Mom said that I’m too young to have a boyfriend but we have been together since last Friday. That’s a long time don’t you think?”

Spike nodded his head at the little girl and she continued, “School is going great. Dad said you went to school in England a very long time ago but that you would agree school is very important. He said you were an English major and enjoyed writing poems just like me. My poems are probably silly but you can read them if you want. My birthday is in a week, will you come visit on my birthday and bring me a present?”

Candy came out of the house at the point and looked disapproving at Becky for talking about someone bringing her a present when Spike hadn’t even made it into the house yet.

Candy smiled at both Spike and Buffy and said, “Come in. Sam’s out back Spike if you want to see him. He set up the lights and all if you want to spend some time helping him. He could sure use the help with the larger boards. He insists he’s strong enough to do the work himself but you know his strength isn’t anything compared to yours.”

With a smile Spike turned to Buffy and said, “You okay if I go out back and say hi to Sam? You can go with Candy in the house, yeah?”

Buffy nodded and let Candy guide her to the house while Spike ran out back to go help Sam.

Upon entering the house, Buffy looked around. It was a normal house, complete with a fireplace full of pictures.

The one in the center was of Spike and the family. It contained a much younger family, with a girl of about five with pig tails and a little dress on but still a family.

It looked strange to see him being normal with a family.

She wondered for a brief second if he had any more families that he knew.

Just then she heard Spike growl and saw Becky shrieking in fake fear as Spike stalked after her yelling, “Fee Fie, Foe thumb, I smell the blood of a little girl. Going to get you!”

Becky shrieked and hid behind Buffy yelling to Spike, “You can’t tickle me anymore without ticking your girlfriend.”

Spike hesitated for a second hearing Buffy described as his girlfriend before meeting her eyes and noticing she was smiling.

He thought she must like that as he reached around behind Buffy and tickled Becky anyway as she giggled and ran away saying, “Time out! I need to go to the bathroom and Mom says I have to go to bed. Will you visit next week, Spike, promise?”

Spike chuckled and pretended to mutter, “Little girls and their small bladders. At least I don’t have to go to the bathroom.”

Becky stopped at the top of the stairs and said, “Vamps don’t go to the bathroom?”

Spike grinned and said, “Nope. We are special like that.”

Becky whined and said, “I want to be special too!”

Spike shook his head and said, “No worry half pint, you are certainly special and yes I’ll come see you on your birthday.”

She beamed a smile at him and continued to skip up the stairs leaving Buffy and Spike close to each other.

Spike leaned over and brushed a hair from her face and gave her a gentle kiss asking if she was ok and when she nodded, Candy entered the room bringing in two hot cocoas with marshmallows.

Spike grinned and took it from her saying, “You remembered my favorite.”

Candy grinned and said, “Of course I do. It’s also Becky’s favorite.”

Then Buffy heard a man yell, “Spike can you come hold this beam for me?”

Spike finding a paper towel; carefully set his mug down on the paper towel before turning to help Sam with some beam.

Buffy found herself alone with Candy who brought in her tea and sat down on the couch patting the spot next to her.

Buffy took a deep breath not sure how she was going to explain things and sat down next to Candy preparing herself for twenty questions.

Candy smiled at her and said, “So how did you and Spike meet?”

Buffy smiled thinking that was an easy question, “Spike saved me. Some bad vampires and two demons attacked me and he jumped out of the woods and rescued me and took care of me until I felt better. He seemed to enjoy playing the part of the hero.”

Candy nodded agreeing with her noticing the way Buffy’s eyes twinkled like a girl in love.

Spike had never brought anyone to the house before. Buffy was clearly human.

She wondered how a human and vampire could be together but she thought that conversation could wait for another day instead she volunteered, “Spike saved Becky one day in the park from two demons. They were looking for child sacrifices and I guess Becky looked to fit the part. Luckily Spike was there. He beat up the demons and rescued Becky. I'm not really sure what we would have done if Spike hadn’t been there. My little girl wouldn’t still be with us. She’s the only one, sort of a miracle child. I was told I couldn’t have kids and then nine months later, out popped Becky. We had tried for a while, five years in fact after five years, we gave up figuring Becky was our miracle and one miracle was enough for both of us.”

She smiled at Buffy as Buffy smiled back at her story although feeling a little sorry for Candy about not being able to have any more kids.

Buffy decided to brave a question, “Does Spike come by a lot?”

Candy grinned, “At least once a week. He sometimes comes for dinner or just to help Sam around the house. He’s a great babysitter too. Spike has made it clear that he’s one of a kind and I should never ever invite any vampires into the house. But he’s amazing isn’t he?”

Buffy smiled a dazed smile and nodded her head in agreement, “Definitely one of a kind”