Chapter 27: Talk Time



Spike and Buffy slept the day away since they went to bed so late the morning before.

Buffy was totally on an all night schedule and didn’t even seem to miss the daytime.

When Buffy woke, she found her thoughts on the fact it was Saturday night already and when she went to bed she had to figure out what she was going to do with her mom.

Her mom would be returning in the afternoon and she would expect Buffy to be the good dutiful daughter and be at home until she decided to leave again and Winter break would be over.

She would have five weeks left until Thanksgiving, then four until Christmas break.

Buffy sighed pulling the covers up further over herself and Spike not wanting him to let go not even to go to the bathroom.

Luckily she didn’t have to go badly yet.

She just wanted to stay in Spike’s arms forever and never leave.

She wouldn’t be 18 until July 17th so she couldn’t just up and leave school and she was quite sure Spike wouldn’t approve of that either.

So she pretty much had six months until she could graduate and move in with Spike full time.

She sighed again wondering how to deal with her mother.

Would her mother approve of her being married while in High School?

Would she even like Spike?

Perhaps if they introduced him as William and not told her he was a vampire, she wouldn’t mind so much.

She always wanted Buffy to date. She wanted to set up her with people she chose.

Perhaps she would be so happy she was finally dating, she would allow them to live together.

Spike opened his eyes beside Buffy and felt himself being overwhelmed by her fear and worries.

Then her thoughts started pouring through his head and he frowned.

She was scared to death of tomorrow. With less than eighteen hours away until her mom arrives and less than thirty hours away from school starting again, she was afraid of what it would bring. Would real life tear them apart?

He knew they needed to talk about this before this drove her crazy.

He had to admit he was a little nervous about it too.

He just chose not to think about it but the time had come to think about it.

What could he say to ease his mate’s fear since he had the same fears himself?

Spike sighed and hugged Buffy a little tighter whispered, “Pet, I think we need to talk.”

Buffy bit her lower lip and nodded scared of what this would mean for them.

Spike whispered against her ear trying to ease her fears enough to be able to hold a decent conversation with him.

With her thoughts flooding his like crazy, he was having a hard time dealing with reality instead of just her worst-case scenario.

So he gently said, “No matter what Buffy, we will still be mated, and I’m not leaving you. I want to make that clear to you. We are together. No one can take that away. You will always feel close to me even if we are apart. That’s a given, K?”

Buffy nodded feeling a little better and took one of his hands in hers snuggling up close to him very thankful she had him always.

Spike continued, “Well school starts in about a day, your mum gets back in less than a day. You sneak out to patrol at night yeah?”

When Buffy nodded he continued, “And she leaves you alone A LOT yeah?”

Buffy again nodded wondering where he was going with this, “Well the way I see it pet is that eh sod it. Let me just say, leave your window open at night. We’ll patrol together, do a bit of homework if you need help with it together, and I’ll sneak back in your room through the window and spend the night with you and be gone by morning. If your mum is gone, I’ll be there so you aren’t alone.”

Buffy smiled not really minding the thoughts so much.

Spike turned to seriously look at her and whispered, “But you must stay in school kitten. Want you to be a good student. Great grades. Get into a great college somewhere. Here hopefully. UC Sunnyhell is not so bad. You can be anything you want, pet but to do that you must stay in school. I don’t want some girl of mine working in a fast food place wearing cow parts on her head.”

Buffy giggled at that thankful she hadn’t had to get a job yet but knowing she might have to get one soon to support her and Spike and Spike quickly shook his head. “Buffy, luv, I have money. Lots of in fact. At a bank called Wolfram and Hart. When I was turned, no death claim was made because well I wasn’t dead. And since my mum was dead…”

Spike paused with pain in his voice but with a gentle squeeze on his hand from Buffy he was able to continue, “So yeah no death claim. Moved all the assets I had into the bank, sold the old house, and it’s been sitting there ever since. Imagine 120 years of interest on a well to do gentleman’s bank account. Imagine demon’s interest rates. ‘m well to do but I never use it. Never had anyone really to before. Dru and I always made it by stealing. With you, I can’t be doing that. So if I can’t earn enough playing poker, we can use that. So no getting a job Buffy. You worry about school and I’ll worry about the dough, yeah?”

Buffy smiled and snuggled closer to Spike whispering, “I’m hungry.

Spike laughed and kissed the top of her head and said, “Let’s get you fed then pet. I’m hungry too.”

Thinking of food reminded Buffy of the want of an oven or stove.

She whispered, “Spike can we get an oven in here with a stove or a grill so I can have eggs and cheeseburgers.”

Spike smiled and nodded happy that even with her thoughts on returning home, she was still making his mansion into home.

He grinned thinking that perhaps he will look into paint and paintings to hang and fix up a few other rooms to actually make the mansion into home.

He legally owned it after all.

With that, they started their day off showering together then heading to a restaurant to eat.