Author's Chapter Notes:
Jennifer, my new beta is hard at work with the other story but I'm going to go ahead and post two chapters. So unbetaed still but hopefully not for long.

Chapter 2: SSDD



Buffy sat at the lunch table with Willow and Xander who were making pretzel people out of Willow’s bag of pretzels.

Buffy looked over at them and a gentle soft sigh left her lips as she wished for a relationship like that. They had grown up together and were so close. Sharing their lunches, even sharing the same bed sometimes, and the same hopes and dreams. Xander admired other girls and even Buffy but she knew as well as Willow that deep down inside, his heart belonged to Willow. He just didn’t seem to realize that himself. He would in time though.

For now Buffy got to sit back and watch them together and yearn for that bond with someone. But since she just moved here, chances of that happening weren’t high.

She’s a slayer, chosen ONE, not chosen two. She would always be alone she figured. She then realized Willow had said something to her and she turned and said, “What?”

Willow grinned and said, “Bronze tonight? It’s Friday. Perfect day to hang out, order some pizza, listen to some great music, and dance letting the school week fade away.”

Buffy nodded saying, “I’ll do a quick patrol then meet you there.” All three grinned looking forward to tonight’s outing.



@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy spun around feeling the presence of the same tingling she has felt for now the last 5 days.

It’s like she was being haunted by a vampire. Just then 4 vampires came up to her and growled, “Looks like we got ourselves a little snack.”

Another next to him said, “Who gets to do the honors?”

A third said, “Why just one of us? Let’s share. She looks good enough to feed all of us.”

The fourth didn’t bother to reply and jumped into action with the other 3 following suit. Buffy had to kick and punch and spin in order to dust all four.

She thought she had a noise in the woods behind her as she finished dusting the last one but knocked it off to the sound of dust following. This was one intense fight.

One more cemetery and she could head to the Bronze.



@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Behind the tree in the woods, the blue-eyed vampire peered out at Buffy impressed by her fighting.

The more he watched her, the more fascinated he was with her. He was just studying her moves in order to know the best way to kill her.

First he’d tease her a bit while fighting her. The fight would be amazing and get the blood moving, then, he might even give her a choice to be drained or have her neck snapped.

Hopefully the draining was her choice. Nothing tasted better than Slayer blood and he should know. He had tasted 2 previously.

They were fighters but this chick had the moves. She might even give him a really good run for his money. He hoped so.

She moved so fast and appeared so strong and confident. That might just be her weakness, her over confidence.

He couldn’t wait to get his hands on the Slayer. Then he would have 3 under his belt and surely his grand-sire and sire would appreciate him.

He growled thinking of them.

Angelus was fucking his precious Dru every damn night. Angelus had Darla and still that wasn’t enough, he had to take Dru away from him as well.

Drusilla was his sire damnit. He needed her. Well thought he did anyway but apparently she didn’t need him as much.

As soon as they had met up with Angelus and Darla in Prague before the mob, Drusilla had been singing and happy about how her daddy and grandmum were back.

He was anything but thrilled. But this third Slayer would surely gain him the respect he needed to get his Dru back. If not, he wasn’t sure what he would do.


Chapter 3: Loneliness



Buffy enjoyed her night at the Bronze even though she had this tingling that wouldn’t stop the whole time she was there but it was a dance floor.

She figured somewhere a vampire existed but she was going to enjoy herself unless she happened to see him.

She danced her heart out until she was completely thirsty and went over to the bar to buy herself a soda.

While she was there though she caught the eyes of someone with the most beautiful blue eyes. They almost appeared to peer through her entire soul and see her inner most thoughts.

She shivered as he continued to watch her as she sipped her drink. He came no closer to her and stayed across the room but continued to watch her until her friends came back.

She started to tell Willow about the guy who was watching her but when she turned around, he was no where to be found.

She sighed in relief not wanting to admit his gaze was unnerving and that he was hot. Willow giggled seeing her distress but decided not to mention it.

Instead Willow, Xander and Buffy returned once more to the dance floor enjoying the live band that had been playing for the evening.



@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



That night Buffy lay in her bed thinking of how at the end of the night she felt left out again. Xander had walked Buffy home first and they were mostly quiet on the way home but as soon as Buffy had started up her stairs, she had heard them return to their continuous banter about who danced more and what they would do on Saturday.

She sighed. She hadn’t been invited. It wasn’t as though they intentionally ignored her but they just were used to it being just the two of them.

She couldn’t expect to move somewhere and in less than 3 weeks be part of the crowd enough to be thought of.

She was sorely tempted to sneak out and go on a patrol to look for some violence. She tossed and turned remembering the blue eyes that she had seen at the club.

She sighed wondering why she could never get someone to look at her like that when she was actually dating them.

He obviously wasn’t totally interested because she hadn’t seen him any more that night. But God he was hot.

She grinned thinking of how she had licked her lips at him as she studied him up and down while he studied her. He had smirked but he still disappeared.

Probably had a girlfriend he had to get back to. That was just her luck.

Buffy sighed and decided to just roll over and go to sleep. Patrol wasn’t going to gain her anything tonight and she was aiming to dream about that hot guy anyway. A little dreaming couldn’t hurt.



@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy slept a lot of the day away and her mother came in midday to wake her up and tell her that she wouldn’t be home for about a week.

She had to go to Rome to see about some portraits and knew Buffy needed to stay for school.

Buffy sighed. Her mother had made the gallery her life already. She had gotten lucky and gotten this great job at a gallery and her mother just loved art.

She painted from time to time just for fun and knew how to appreciate good art. The lady who hired her was planning to retire within the next year and was planning to sell the place to Joyce.

Buffy smiled thinking of how excited her mother had been at this idea. Buffy hadn’t quite realized how much work her mother was going to have to put in to make this happen.

She would be gone sometimes all weekend and other times all night to travel around to different places to check out new pieces. In the 3 week time frame so far, her mother had traveled away for a weekend already, been gone Tuesday and Wednesday of one week, Monday of another and this past week was gone Thursday and Friday.

Buffy shrugged still thinking about it. She didn’t really care. It was easier to sneak out when noone was home. Much easier with no one to question her actions or tell her when to come home.

Her mother just had become a work alcoholic to deal with her father leaving. She knew and understood this. And mostly she accepted it.

Buffy sighed and closed her eyes to go back to sleep determined not to let the fact that she was alone on a Saturday bother her. Sleeping was a great escape to the loneliness.