Chapter 35: Watcher Assistance



Buffy woke up to the sound of her mom yelling out, “I’m off Buffy. See you in a week and half. I’ll be back in time for Thanksgiving. I left a list for you on the counter of things to buy when I return and feel free to invite William and Willow and Xander if you want. Bye honey!”

Buffy rolled over to spot Spike still sleeping snuggled up against her with his coat made to be a blanket over the curtains so no light came in.

She was glad her mom didn’t check up on her.

It was Saturday and with the scare last night of seeing Darla, Dru and Angelus, she didn’t want to leave Spike’s sight and he didn’t seem fond of leaving hers.

She snuggled back down to go back to sleep after grabbing the granola bar she had put on the table next to the bed after Spike had insisted she put breakfast there for when she woke up so she could easily go back to sleep.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy had started meeting with Giles again after school and made a special trip with Spike in tow to his apartment to introduce him finally to Spike and see what information on how to better protect them both.

Giles answered the door and was surprised to see Buffy there and even more surprised to see a vampire covered in a heavy leather coat in the middle of the day sizzling still from the sun that had just been on him.

Buffy urgently said, “Invite him in please? Hurry he’s going to catch flames and I don’t want my boyfriend in ashes.”

Giles stuttered, “Come in both of you as he stepped back trying to figure out what was going in.”

After having found a dis-invite spell for one of his colleagues the night before, he figured he could just use it on this guy after Buffy was well.

Buffy sat down on the sofa and Spike sat down next to her laying his coat by their sides and she snuggled up against him looking as though she was very comfortable in this position.

‘Strange’, Giles thought then decided to break the silence with, “Who is this you are with?”

Buffy hesitated for a moment forgetting Giles had no idea who Spike was and then went into a simple explanation, “This is Spike probably known to you as William the Bloody. We are together and have been since I moved here over a month ago. He helps me on patrol. He knows all about me and has met my mom, Willow and Xander and even Cordelia doesn’t seem to mind him too much. He has saved me Giles. And we are here cause we need help. Can you help us?”

Giles stuttered trying to make sense of his slayer with a vampire and couldn’t get passed it as he said, “He’s a vampire. He drinks blood from his victims and leaves dead people around. You can’t possibly be serious about this.”

Buffy frowned not wanting to deal with this talk now when her world was about to crash.

Spike had pains from being hungry and she was feeling hungry herself and she was hoping this would be a quick spot of playing research, and they would be able to go back to Spike’s place, make love, eat, return to see Giles after having the wizard visit which Dalton had set up for sunset.

She had it all set up in her head and this delay wasn’t accounted for but she sighed and answered, “He drinks leftover bagged hospital blood. He works at the hospital and earns some money and in return for his help in registering patients, he gets free blood bags. As I said before he helps me slay his own kind. What more could you need to know?”

She looked at Spike dreamily and Giles sighed knowing she had a point but he didn’t see this ending well but instead decided to deal with Buffy’s reason for being over here, “So what do you need from me?”

Spike chose at this point to answer, “Darla, Drusilla and Angelus Aurelius are in town. Looking to cause some trouble. Imagine they really didn’t come here to collect me and since they didn’t know about Buffy here, I don’t expect it was to seek her out either. That just seemed to be the idea of a bonus. Knowing Angelus, he returned for some big bad reason. Probably to destroy the earth or some jazz. Need to know why and how and if possible soon, so we can deal with it and move on.”

Giles frowned and got up and took out a book Spike recognized, “Um, watcher guy, that book isn’t really that accurate. The dates are off, a few of the stories are embellished and Dru’s background is wrong as is mine. But the basic ideas are correct. We were the four worst vampires. Wreaked havoc where we went. Caused a few wars, ate thousands of people, made thousands more vampires. Darla was a prostitute as was expected. Angelus was a womanizer and a drunk…not just a pleasant. Drusilla had been a nun or was on her way to become a nun and was tortured to death pretty much before becoming a vamp. And me well I’d rather not say until I get to know you better.”

Giles nodded respecting his decision and went about reading the huge passages in the book.

Buffy noticing he was already on his way to research said, “We are hungry and I need more sleep and so we will be back at nightfall. We got some errands to run before heading back here. So we’ll be off.”

Giles not even looking up from his reading said, “Sure. See you later.” And continued reading as Buffy snuck off with Spike back to his place.


Chapter 36: Trouble



Buffy and Spike talked to the wizard and he performed a protective spell over the cross Buffy had been holding which prevented anyone related to Spike from harming her or touching her.

The only thing that made them exempt is a blood bond.

The wizard advised that Dalton and Doyle who were loyal to Spike, be blond bonded to Spike as well as Buffy, as master/slave for these minions in case Spike needed their assistance in the future with protecting his mate.

Spike agreed it was wise. The wizard also told Spike of a legend he had found called the Gem of Amara.

Two vampires in love, were cursed. One was cursed into a tiny ring and the other into a necklace for all of eternity. The necklace was said to have been destroyed by the wizard but the ring was said to have been stolen from by a pirate.

Spike found this information interesting and asked the wizard to do some more research to see where the treasure was buried when the pirate died. With this information they went to see Giles.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



On the way to Giles’s they ran into Angelus, Darla and Drusilla. Drusilla was dressed in a black dress that made her skin appear even more paler than normal.

Darla was dressed in a red button down shirt and a plaid skirt with black tights making her blond hair and skin appear very pale and Angelus's was gray open button down shirt over a black tee with black jeans.

He glared at Spike and Buffy when he spotted them saying, “Going somewhere?”

Spike answered pulling Buffy next to him, “Sure are. I’m sure you aren’t heading in the same direction so moesy along.”

Buffy frowned feeling her nervousness and tension rise.

Without thinking she thought loudly, ’Damn it I’m the slayer. Meant to kill these vampires. Why am I so afraid?’

Spike sent back thoughts, ‘Cause they are bloody scary that’s why. We will get them pet. Promise.’

Suddenly Dru started singing and Buffy got annoyed yelling, “Why don’t you just leave this town. It’s obvious you aren’t wanted here and if you go back to Prague or anywhere else, we will leave you alone. You can live happily ever after doing whatever it is vamps do including feed. Just stay out of my town.”

Spike smiled feeling very proud of Buffy but Angelus wasn’t proud and instead very pissed.

Dru started singing about a demon bringing the darkness to the world and how all the little sunshine in the world will suffer being stuck in the fire.

Spike looked at her weirdly but took note of what she was singing about knowing it was probably part of Angelus’s plan.

He turned his focus on her despite Buffy’s obvious distress as Spike stepped forward to Dru and grabbed her by the arms saying, “What Demon pet?”

Buffy stood in horror watching Spike hold Dru as Dru began to sing, “The Demon is sleeping but daddy will wake him and when he does, he will rule the world.”

Then she started twirling around asking Mrs. Edith if she liked torture and fire.

Spike released Dru getting the information that he didn’t know before and stepped back and pulled Buffy to him and said, “Let’s go Slayer, and leave these three alone for the night.”

Dru skipped off moaning about her lost prince in the sunshine and Darla and Angelus followed her mumbling about crazy Dru and ruining their plans.

Spike went with Buffy to Giles’s place in hope for some assistance.