Chapter 37: Research



Spike relayed Dru’s singing to Giles and he turned pale.

He picked up a book he had been researching for a friend and turned to the page he had book marked.

He said in a serious tone, “This piece of stone, a friend of mine asked me to research. It’s in Sunnydale, freshly uncovered last week. It was a world newsworthy occasion as it was seen as older than anything we have ever found including possibly even earth itself. We don’t know much but what we do know is it has a legend behind it. It was said to be a powerful demon that was turned to stone. He was said to have wanted to suck all of the earth into Hell which would match Dru’s ramblings.”

He turned towards Spike and said, “Did Angelus make a habit of ruining the world?”

Spike shook his head, “Never saw him try but according to Dalton and what information he could gather in demon bars, Angelus was run out of Prague by a mob. It injured Dru and weakened him. He might be on a serious God kick.”

Giles nodded and explained rubbing his glasses, “That’s what I was afraid of.”

Buffy looked at both males and said, “So what do we do?”

Giles sighed and picked up the phone saying, “First I make sure that stone is under careful observation. Then we get some sleep and meet up tomorrow afternoon to regroup.”

He looked at Spike and said, “Feel free to let Buffy come alone if it’s easier. Only vamp with an invitation to here is you.”

Spike frowned knowing Joyce was out of town and there was no way he was letting Buffy out of his sight. He shook his head at Giles and said, “No mate. We are together for the next week and half at least. Buffy’s mum is out of town for that long and we will be staying at the mansion. You can find us there. Best call this number first.”

Spike handed over his new phone number that belonged to one of his newly staked minions. At least something came from the guy.

He was snacking on teens when Spike staked him after taking away his phone.

Giles took the number and nodded and walked them to the door.

Spike kept Buffy close as they went and did a quick patrol that was surprisingly full of freshly risen vampires that they could guess had been made by Angelus, Darla and Dru and then went home to make love then sleep until the following afternoon.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Dru was wailing really loud about missing her dark prince.

She had picked out a human for her and was insisting she turn him and made him into a new dark prince claiming Spike would never join her again.

Angelus was tired of her wailing and really didn’t want another ‘dark prince’ to deal with.

Spike was never very good and can’t imagine Dru’s new ‘pet’ being any better so he refused to have Dru turn him.

So instead Dru played with him, making Jesse moan in pleasure before crying out in pain.

Angelus rolled his eyes and said, “After the demon I hired to kidnapped Buffy during the day does his work, we will be able to turn Buffy, give Spike to Dru, then nothing should stand in our way for Acathla."

Darla cackled then stated, “You sure you want to destroy the world?”

Angelus laughed and said, “Yeah because no one has done it before. I’ll be ruler over all the world and all that is in it.”

Darla grinned, “Free food with no one able to stop us. It will never be daylight, and no more slayers. Life will be perfect.”

Angelus nodded and grinned at Darla before watching as his minions dragged the stone demon into the place. “How did it go? Well I trust? Any problems?”, Angel bellowed to the minions including Darla’s latest sex slave, Riley.

He spoke up first saying, “No problems at all. We went in, moved the demon, and slipped out. No one will notice for a while and no one followed us. The place was surprisingly empty. I guess they didn’t value it too much.”

With that Riley cackled and Darla, and Angelus followed suit along with the other minions.

Dru slipped out of her room leaving Jesse behind still chained as she started singing to the demon a lullaby.

Angelus looked to Dru and exclaimed, “Dru it can’t hear you.”

Dru whispered with a grin as she ran a finger over it’s stone face, “It’s only sleeping. Shhh” and continued to sing the lullaby.

Angelus went into his office as Darla dragged off Riley with her leaving Dru alone singing to the demon.


Chapter 38: Again?!



Buffy slept snuggled up next to Spike not realizing that even though it was daylight, there was danger lurking.

Buffy had to go to the bathroom and she wandered into the bathroom and closed the door to do some thinking about all they had learned from Giles.

Suddenly out of no where a demon bounded into the room and knocked her over the head before she could even make a noise.

The demon then snuck out of the room leaving Spike to sleep through the whole ordeal and proudly taking Buffy back to the factory.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Angelus cackled and Dru moaned saying she wanted her dark princess, not the sunshine but Angelus ignored her happy to have Buffy in his clutches.

He knew it was only a matter of time before eventually Spike would find his girl but since she was unconscious the claim wouldn’t work therefore her had time.

He told the demon to chain her to the wall and then gave the demon the money he had promised.

It didn’t matter he had stolen the money from a demon of the same kind the night before that he had killed.

The demon took the money and disappeared into the daylight.

Dru started to wail about her dark prince never returning to her and how she wanted to have tea parties with Mrs. Edith and Spike soon.

Angelus was just about enough of Dru and was about to do her some damage when he thought about a different approach, “Dru dear, why don’t go to check on Jesse. See if he needs anything before he awakens in a few hours. Make sure he has fresh blood, a fresh kill and is dressed to go out so that he can go right out and feed when he wakes at sunset. Now be a good little girl for daddy and go.”

Dru giggled happily remembering her new toy and took her doll and went to check on Jesse as asked.

That left Darla, and Angelus with Buffy as well as a wizard. The wizard was chanting but Buffy was still out cold.

Darla whispered to Angelus, “Will this really work so the claim will not be able to be used?”

Angelus grinned and nodded, “It might even break the bond.”

Darla grinned, “Really? I thought claims were unbreakable?”

Angelus nodded and said, "They are but not all the parts of a claim are unbreakable. If I dual claim her as I turn her, She’ll be mine. I’ll have a Sire powers over the girl. Any desire she has for Spike will be over powered by her desire for me. Then we get to watch Spike suffer.”

Angelus cackled and Darla grinned liking the plot to turn the slayer a lot more than the plot to end the world but she knew that he was actually planning to do both.

He would firstt turn the slayer, then end the world.

She wasn’t fond of the idea of hell on earth but she figured food would still be a readily source and people could be tortured so she went along with the idea.

So she asked, “How long before the charm is done and how long before Buffy wakes up?”

Angelus shrugged and said, “When she wakes up we will turn her."

With that Darla went back to her pet, Riley and Angelus went back to read some passages on how to open the stone demon. He knew the time would be soon.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Spike woke up to find the bed next to him cold.

He wasn’t too concerned until he tried to find her with his claim and couldn’t sense her.

He figured that she had fall asleep somewhere and went into the bathroom but again she was not there.

He roared and both Doyle and Dalton entered the room in serious concern.

Spike roared again and demanded, “Did you see anyone take Buffy? Did you see anything tonight?”

Both minions shook their heads and Spike could sense from both of them that they were telling the truth and would have told their master if they had seen anything.

Spike growled and noticed it was sunlight.

He was pissed off. Someone had taken Buffy. Or did Buffy wander off?

Spike decided to run and check her house in case she just went back there to find something and fell asleep.

He threw two blankets towards his minions and grabbed his leather coat and demanded, “Follow me.”

They didn’t even question his determination to walk in the sunlight only covered by a jacket.

When they got to Buffy’s house, they realized it was still indeed empty.

Spike wandered through the house not even noticing the windows weren’t pulled as they always were when he entered and he wasn’t yet in flames. He was so upset he didn’t even think about such things.

He checked the whole house but then noticed his spike started to hum.

He knew somewhere Buffy was awake, but the claim wasn’t working.

He roared really upset and went outside again grabbing his jacket and they took off to the factory where he knew Angelus, Darla and Dru were staying.

He wasn’t sure it was them who had taken Buffy but finding a bunch of wankers from the council would take longer than to find the vampires.

Wherever Buffy was, she was not answering the claim. That scared him.

Say they already turned the slayer. Did that charm keep her as safe as it was supposed to?

The charm started to hum leading him to where his Buffy was which was in the direction of the old factory outside of town.