Chapter 39: Force shield



Meanwhile Buffy had started to awaken. She felt the cross on her chest pulse in life but decided to give no indication of such.

She tried to call to Spike in the claim but find nothing.

She was cold, and chained to a wall. Definitely not being held.

She frowned trying to get her surroundings.

Just then Angelus laughed in front of her and she turned her head to notice Angelus and Darla coming towards her.

She flinched as Angelus reached his hand out but the touch never came.

The cross repelled him back creating a force shield around her.

Angelus hissed and Darla exclaimed, “What the Hell was that? I knew we should have kept that wizard here.”

Angelus hissed and tried again still unable to touch her.

Darla yelled for Riley and instructed Riley to take a blanket off the bed and wrap himself in it and bring the wizard back here.

He couldn’t have gotten too far and then watched Angelus try to taunt the girl thinking perhaps it was her force shield that kept her safe.

If he teased and taunted her, she would lose her guard and he would be able to touch her then.

He could not see the cross as it was hidden under her clothes.

He said, “So Slayer, you know Spikey boy, is just using you. He likes Slayers. He has killed two you know? He likes to lure them into his fold, make them feel special and then slaughter them like sheep. You are safer with me. I won’t pretend to like you. Spike will.”

Buffy shook her head not believing him for a moment knowing Spike loved her.

The claim had told her so even if he hasn’t so much as said it.

Angelus noticed her discomfort but also noticed it wasn’t as strong as he would have liked and continued, “Did you know he spent 120 years with Dru, his sire? He worshipped the ground she worked on. Did everything she asked, including bringing her innocent children so she could torture and slaughter them and bringing her mothers with children still in the womb for her to play with and slaughter. I drove her crazy you know. She was my greatest masterpiece. I killed every member of her family in front of her, every member of her nunnery in front of her and then tortured her for over a month slowly killing her only to let her heal again. He never talked to her, and slowly drove her insane. And Spike loved her. He always said how beautiful she was and how much he needed her. No matter what she did, she did no wrong in his eyes. Think you will ever have that? You won’t, know why? Watch this.”

With that he roared, “Dru come here.”

Dru came completely naked and covered in what appeared to be some blood and Angelus asked gently, “Dru you loved Spike right?”

Dru shook her head and repeated, “I love my daddy. He loves me. He will always love me.”

She then preceded to start singing the song about how daddy will get her a mockingbird only Buffy was sure the reason the bird wouldn’t sing would be because Dru killed it.

Dru then began to sing a lullaby to the stone in the corner.

Angelus rolled his eyes and said, “I tell you dear, it can’t hear you.”

Drusilla shook her head and still insisted, “Shhhh. It’s only sleeping. It can hear us and can’t wait to have tea with us.”

Angelus whispered to Dru, “Go play with your precious pet. He should be awake in about an hour.”

Dru skipped off happily as Angelus said to Buffy, “Does that look like the same girl that was with Spike for 120 years? She wants me, not him. You will want me too and Spike will want his Dru. She really is a beautiful creature isn’t she? Perfect in every way.”

Buffy was disgusted. She had had no interest in seeing Dru naked much less watching Dru sing to the stone thing and then to Angelus.

She took a second look at the stone thing. She realized this much be the demon that Giles and Spike were discussing.

Perhaps if she was able to get away, she could get to it and do what? She wasn’t sure.

She sighed as Angelus once again tried to touch her and he still couldn’t. He yelled to Darla to try.

She was standing in the corner and took a finger thinking she might be able to do it but instead she again bounced off the barrier.

She frowned and said, “It’s strong. Almost like a house barrier.”

Angelus nodded not understanding what was going on. Darla frowned realizing Riley hadn’t come back yet.

@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@

Spike, Doyle and Dalton arrived at the factory. The sun would be going down soon.

Spike took his jacket and rushed into the factory leaving Doyle and Dalton to deal with the minions at the entrance and even the one that had been racing from the factory.

Doyle was surprised when he found that kicking the guy hadn’t left his pants hissing from being burnt.

He hesitantly punched the guy and his hand didn’t catch fire.

He nervousnessly took his arm out of the coat and swung it around the guy who dropped his blanket and dropped into a pile of ashes but Doyle didn’t catch on fire.

He was out in the sunlight and able to walk around.

He was confused but didn’t have time to give it a second thought as he raced him to assist Dalton with the other minions of Angelus, Darla and Dru.

Spike quietly snuck into the mansion and the sight he saw before him was amazing.

Angelus was taunting his Buffy and he tried to touch her but the force shield bounced him off.

Spike smirked thankful he had that wizard friend. He was sure paying off.

Spike looked around the room trying to think of a plan.

There was a stone demon in the corner, which he guessed was the one Giles was talking about but they were ignoring it with all their focus on Buffy.

Spike couldn’t even sense his minions and how their fight was going thanks to whatever curse or spell Angelus has this place under so he had to trust that they would keep the minions off them.

Spike wondered where Dru was but decided his real concern was the shackles that Buffy was in. He came up with a meager plan.

He would tease Angelus hoping that this might buy enough time to have Doyle and Dalton return to save Buffy.

Since the blood bond, they would be able to touch Buffy where as Angelus, Darla and Dru could not or any other minions he had could not.

Spike decided that this was as good of a plan as any.

He already knew that Darla couldn’t be bothered with blood shed and ash.

Even as he stood there, Darla looked antsy and stated she was going back to play with her pet for the next hour before sunset as he had just arrived empty handed.

Angelus growled but didn’t say anything.

Darla called after him, “If anything changes, just give a shout ok?”

Angelus growled in response and started taunting the slayer again hoping to break her without touching her.