Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok time for me to watch Hell's Kitchen for the night. There are 5 more chapters to upload in a few days. I hope you're enjoying it so far! I'm thinking and planning a sequel but I'll say more about it but only if people are interested in more. Enjoy!

Chapter 40: The plan



Spike jumped out of the shadows and said, “Lookie, lookie. What do we have here? Looks like my slayer is all nice and safe and tucked into chains while Angelus is all upset and growling. Isn’t quite what I expected.”

Spike decided to even go one up on pissing off Angelus by leaning over and placing a gentle kiss on Buffy’s lips showing Angelus that Spike can touch his goddess but Angelus could not.

The plan worked and Angelus roared into action.

At that moment Doyle and Dalton were rushed into the room with still a few minions fighting them.

Darla and Dru stayed out of sight still as Spike continued his taunting, “What’s it feel like grandsire to know I have something you can’t? You took Dru from me, Darla always wanted you but see the slayer here, and she wants me. Lets me touch her and kiss her but she won’t let you. Doesn’t it feel great to know you aren’t wanted?”

Angelus really mad now started to fight Spike.

He lunged at Spike hoping to kill him fast so he could focus on turning the slayer.

He didn’t really care if that wasn’t his original plan.

Dru would get over it. She always did.

If Dru was good, he might even give her the slayer to play with before he totally broke her.

With a grin he announced, “Don’t worry you’re little head about it childe. When you’re dust, we will get a wizard in here to break Buffy’s magic and then I’ll turn her. But she won’t remember you. They only remember their sires don’t they?”

Spike rushed Angelus knocking a fist into his face, which made Angelus laugh at the pain before kicking Spike in the stomach.

Spike doubled over for a second then jumped to his feet determined not to let Angelus win.

Angelus and Spike started trading blow for blow.

Blood was pouring out of each of their systems as they continued to kick, bash and punch each other into oblivion.

Buffy was a little nervous watching the fight but they appeared to be equal or close to it.

Although Spike was getting the advantage on Angelus slowly probably due to the amount of blood he had taken from her today during their love making fest.

Spike and her had made loud passionate love about 5 times today before finally going to sleep.

He had taken a lot of blood and had apologized to her giving her juice and cookies to make up for it.

Buffy just couldn’t get enough of being bitten though. It always made her orgasm.

Buffy shook her head realizing she was watching a fight to the death and she was thinking about orgasms?

What was wrong with her! She watched as Spike managed to kick Angelus and have him down as Doyle and Dalton finally had finished dusting all the minions that were in sight.

They rushed over to Buffy unable to get the chains open.

Buffy struggled but they were really tight.

Doyle whispered, “Don’t worry slayer. We will find the key.”

With that he started to search around the room looking for the keys. Surprisingly he couldn’t find it so he started looking in the piles of dust for keys.

Stlil not finding any keys, he motioned to Spike that Angelus must have the key on him.

Spike immediately knocked Angelus off and landed on him quickly holding him down for a minute while he frisked him and yanked the chain off that held the keys sending it through the air to Doyle as Spike got thrown far off Angelus finally.

Angelus turned around and noticed the sword he was planning to use on Acathla behind him.

He turned and took it and decided since the plan was to release Acathla, now was as good as a time as ever.

He cut himself on his hand and placed it on the stone demon, which immediately began to shake.

Dru and the wizard had worked earlier to set up the other steps and that was the last step the wizard had said that was left.

As the stone demon began to shake, Angelus cackled and said, “You are too late to save the world, why bother to save your Slayer?”

He taunted Spike swinging the sword at him as Spike dodged and jumped to avoid the blows.

So far Angelus had been swinging so wildly, nothing had hit Spike.

Buffy was almost free thanks to Doyle and fall towards the ground as Dalton caught her and placed her lightly on her feet.

She grinned and said thanks as she rubbed her wrists and noticed Darla and some other guy was coming out of a room sneaking up on Spike.

She figured while Spike and Angelus fight, she would handle Darla.

She went into the first room breaking a chair which happened to be wooden and made a fake stake and put it in her pants and came out of the room in time to face Darla.

Darla laughed and said, “The little slayer is free? I see Spike has been feeding from you. Makes you weak don’t you think?”

Buffy shook her head and said, “Actually feels quiet good but I can pretend to be weak if you would like.”

Darla grinned thinking she must be weak. She had been chained to a wall for 4 hours, using magic like crazy which always weakens a person and had been drank from in the last 7 hours.

These combined would make anyone weak, including a slayer.

So Darla grinned thinking she was about to have her first slayer death under her belt. About time since everyone always talked about Spike’s two. At least she would have one and what’s sweeter is that she would have the one Spike was mated to.

She lunged into vamp face and fought Buffy with full-renewed strength.

Riley leaned back against the wall watching his master in action.

He wouldn’t interfere. He knew well enough that Darla didn’t like interference of any kind and if he wanted sex tonight, he would let her fight fairly.

He glanced over at the fight in the corner of the room.

Angelus was hacking towards Spike with all his strength but instead of hitting Spike he was hitting the wall, floor, various objects were crashing to the floor with the force of Angelus’s sword.

He knew both were tiring and soon Spike would fall.

He turned his attention back on Buffy who was actually winning.

She had Darla pinned to the ground with a stake above her head.

Riley jumped up to protect his master just as Darla looked at Riley yelling do something as Buffy slammed the stake into her chest and exploded into a pile of dust.

Riley wailed and the pain of Darla’s death caused Angelus to falter for a minute allowing Spike to regain power of the sword.

He slashed and Angelus hitting him hard wondering why he didn’t feel the death as strongly but figured 4th generation and all, probably a weaken link.

Dru ran out of the room and started wailing and Spike knew he had to comfort her and slammed the sword into Angelus’s stomach hoping that would help and then pinned in with the sword into demon that really had started to suck things into his casket.

It was really opened and gapping but with Angelus attached to it, Angelus screamed as did the demon and both plunged into the depths of Hell and the stone casket was closed once again.


Chapter 41: What now?



Buffy quickly threw the stake towards Riley and dusted him finishing off what she needed to do and turned to see Spike comforting Dru.

Tears began to fall from Buffy’s eyes but she knew this would happen.

She had sensed he wasn’t over Dru.

Instead Dalton looked from Spike to Buffy and fell in step behind Buffy.

Doyle didn’t follow Buffy but didn’t go to Spike either.

Buffy sighed and dusted herself off and walked out into the night leaving Spike and Dru behind knowing she had lost Spike forever.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy didn’t know where to go as she walked through town followed by Dalton.

Buffy suddenly stopped and looked at Dalton and gave him an hug and said, “Go back to Spike. I’m no vampire. I’m going to go away to L.A. or something. Dru and Spike will need loyal people. Thank you for saving me Dalton.”

Dalton nodded noticing Buffy had already closed off the claim and watched as she went into her house where he could not follow, and saw her return outside with a large bag. Dalton whispered, “I’d like to stay with you mistress if that’s ok.”

She shrugged and asked, “Got a car?”

He nodded and she said, “Take me to L.A.?”

He agreed and together in silence they drove to L.A. in the beat up old red truck that Dalton apparently owned.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Dalton and Buffy raided a vampire nest in L.A. and quickly settled in.

She needed money and he needed supplies.

Luckily the place they chose, had been an apartment to someone at one point and had a fridge and microwave already in there.

Dalton managed to get his hands on two beds that had been tossed out in the trash by an apartment complex with it was renovated.

One wasn’t even in that bad of shape so he gave that one to Buffy.

He took the mattress that had a few rips and wasn’t so comfy.

They fell asleep immediately not even thinking about the fact that Buffy hadn’t had food in two days other than the cookies Spike had fed her after he had bitten her.

She woke up starved and noticed it was daylight out.

She tried to sneak out without Dalton but he wouldn’t hear of it.

The house was near a sewer entrance so they used that to try to get her around safely.

She figured that during the day she would be fairly safe but Dalton wouldn’t leave her side knowing that if they ever did meet up with Spike, there would be hell to pay if he had left her to get hurt.

Dalton reached the sewer entrance near the grocery store and she said to him, “Dalton stay down here and I’ll be back in a minute. I need food and…”

Dalton shook his head and pulled her back off the ladder and continued down the sewers.

She wondered what she was up to but was determined not to open any claim on any person in fear that Spike would be able to sense her.

Since Buffy felt as though she was in no danger, the cross at her chest lay nicely inactive.

She was thankful the homing device didn’t work unless she deemed it necessary or that is what she thought anyway.

She didn’t feel the humming.

She figured that meant it was inactive.

Perhaps Spike had not wanted her to use it on him and had deactivated them.

Buffy’s heart bleed as she continued to walk behind Dalton.

Dalton sensed and smelt the familiar scent of the hospital: blood, fear, tears, and disinfectant.

He knew they needed food for Buffy and blood for him. The hospital held both.

He didn’t know much about the food in hospitals but knew it was probably free for the grabbing.

Buffy looked at him questionably and he explained, “Free food, free blood. Best of both worlds.”

She nodded without a word and watched as he covered himself with a blanket trying to look as least conspicuous as possible but instead ended up looking like an old lady with a wrap over her head.

She giggled and watched as Dalton followed the signs to the cafeteria.

He slipped in telling her to wait here and slipped back out with a cart of food.

Buffy shook her head thinking, ‘As if that wouldn’t draw attention to them’ but surprisingly Dalton though of this and slipped into another room she noticed labeled laundry and returned with a laundry cart full of food covered with linens. “Very clever Dalton”, Buffy stated with a smile.

Dalton smiled proudly and said, “One more stop. Blood bank.”

Buffy nodded and followed him.

When they reached the blood bank she noticed it was fairly empty and she decided to try to distract the clerk since he was male while Dalton slipped in back and took what he needed and slipped back out again.

The plan went beautifully and they were in and out of the hospital within 30 minutes.

As they wandered back to the sewers, Buffy’s mind again went to Spike and she had to fight back the tears that wanted so desperately to fall.

She just wouldn’t think about him and that’s all there was too it.

She wiped her eyes and frowned but followed Dalton back to their new home where she nibbled a little on the fresh fruit Dalton had picked up for her.

She put the important food into the fridge as well as Dalton’s blood and fell back on the bed where she cried herself to sleep as Dalton tried to comfort her with a hand resting on hers knowing that no matter what he did, his mistress would be sad. She missed her mate.


Chapter End Notes:
Don't shoot me, I'll update soon. I promise and remember guys, I'm a spuffy lover. Just keep that in mind please!