Chapter 44: Still Waiting



Already four days had passed by since Spike had found Buffy and Dalton in the apartment house.

It had been six days that Buffy had been unconscious.

Spike had helped Dalton steal a piece of equipment from the hospital as well as some feeding bags and liquid to feed her through her veins to make sure she stayed healthy.

Doyle even suggested at one point turning her but was promptly shot down by Spike who said she would wake up.

He knew she would wake up. Spike sat by her side every day and night.

He barely slept unless he was holding her. He barely ate unless Dalton forced him to by saying if he died, Buffy would too.

Doyle and Dalton kept the blood stocked, Dalton kept watch over Buffy’s vitals and kept her fed and hydrated with the hospital’s supplies.

Doyle even suggested taking her to the hospital but Dalton assured both Spike and Doyle that they could do nothing more for her than Dalton was already doing in a place where they could all be around her.

Spike was losing patience. He couldn’t sense her, couldn’t feel her.

The necklace was silent and still she stayed sleeping.

Spike suggested bringing Buffy back to Sunnyhell where she could at least stay in his mansion where the comforts of home were nicer than in this place.

They stole a u-haul truck from a repair shop that Doyle was able to perform the required oil change during the night and refilled the gas tanks and filled the u-haul with the fridge, microwave, the bed Buffy was sleeping on, the washer and dryer which would be an amazing surprise for Buffy when she awoke seeing how his mansion didn’t have one yet, as well as the dresser and television.

They figured it would be a great way to refurnish the house. They also grabbed the two cots, and picked up a couch on their way out of town, which was still in good condition and just needed to be recovered with fabric.

Dalton had the clothes items in the back of his car while Spike took Buffy in his laying her gently on the back seat, covered with a blanket.

Doyle was in charge of driving the truck.

They arrived in Sunnydale as it was just starting to be daylight.

Spike rushed Buffy in and Dalton set up the feeding tube and left her on Spike’s bed safe and sound as he went back outside to unload.

He noticed that both Spike and Doyle were out in the sunlight and they weren’t burning.

He put his hand outside and noticed he wasn’t burning. He whispered, “How?”

Spike laughed realizing that all this time Dalton hadn’t known and Doyle explained, “Slayer bonds. They make us able to walk in the sun.”

Doyle went out into the sun at this point and laughed at the sun poured down on his face.

He helped the other two unload the furniture. They put the fridge and television into a room for Dalton seeing how Doyle had taken over his room.

Spike had done some work on the place and had running water in every room and electricity throughout the house.

When questioned how it was done, he merely mentioned the name, “Xander” which meant nothing to Dalton but he shrugged and set the washer and dryer downstairs as Spike picked up the phone giving Xander a call asking him to come over when he gets a chance to hook up a washer and dryer.

Then put down the phone to wander back upstairs and resume his daily habits of watching over the sleeping slayer.

Two more days passed.

It had been longer than a week for Buffy to be out cold still.

Xander had come and talked to Buffy twice and Willow had come over and tears.

Joyce had been invited over once and had cried the whole time asking what had happened to her precious baby.

Over the past month, she had learned that Spike was a vampire, her daughter was the slayer and she had had many talks over a cuppa (hot cocoa). She had learned all about Spike’s life (well edited parts) and about Buffy’s destiny and what it meant.

She had gotten talks from Giles as well that had explained a lot.

Giles had only come over once but was too upset by the sight that he left.

Spike had contacted the school explaining to them that Buffy was in a coma and had been for almost three months hence her absences and Dalton had signed and used his medical degree knowledge to fill out the hospital forms they had retrieved to turn into the school to keep Buffy enrolled and graduating.

They appeared legit so Buffy was excused from classes until she woke up.


Chapter 45: The Consequences



Night after night which quickly turned into almost three weeks Buffy was old cold.

It was now into the middle of January and still no sign of the slayer awakening.

Dalton was starting to get worried and debated on telling his master what happens to people who stay in comas for too long.

Sure they were keeping her body healthy. For the last two months, a friend of Xander’s had been being brought by to care for the slayer’s physical needs such as keeping her leg and arm muscles fairly strong.

Dalton doubed that her brain had been properly cared for though. He didn't know much about the brain and the effects of being in a long-term coma.

They had no idea how to stimulate her brain to keep it from withering down into nothing.

Spike had taken to reading to her as well as talking to her.

Xander and Willow had taken turns talking to her about their days and about school happenings.

Even her mother had started coming on a regular basis to keep Buffy informed with her plans. She still went on her business trips quite a lot but when she wasn’t, she was talking to Buffy about anything and everything including memories, plans, and how much she missed her.

She was glad to see her so well taken care of by Spike but wanted her daughter back as well.

Spike had started telling Buffy stories of his past. He had planned to tell her when she was awake but figured this was great practice.

He was telling her now about how he had felt like no one now that Dru, Darla and Angelus were all gone and Buffy was in a coma.

He sighed and let the tears fall willingly as he told her about his fears about her not waking up, about her never walking in the daylight with him since he could do that now.

He explained how he couldn’t wait to see her graduate and really be there and how he was amazed by her strength.

He was really in tears as he explained how he had searched and searched for her for those months she was gone. The tears continued as he explained how it had been five months since he had seen her awake and alive in his arms and how that was much too long for anyone to suffer through and how he really needed her awake.

He was so tired after crying he was just about to drift into sleep as Buffy whispered softly, “Spike don’t stop now. I want to hear more about your fears so I can work on making them all better.”

Spike jumped up suddenly not tired at all and hugged her tightly crying still but now tears of joy feeling his fears disappear.

Buffy returned his hug feeling the claim open and feeling his emotions pour through.

She had been so used to only feeling her own, she was amazed by how much more powerful Spike’s were for her and how much pain he had really been suffering.

Spike whispered against her ear, “We are safe baby. Dru, Darla and Angelus are gone. Giles is running the council now since Travers had come snooping around and Doyle had killed him so we are safe. Really really safe.”

Spike pulled her away from him just enough to see her face and eyes and smothered her with kisses so thankful he got this chance again.

He kissed her lips, then her cheeks, then her ears, down to her neck, and sucked on his spot knowing in just a few moments, he would renew the bond making the emotions both were feeling, even stronger.

He kissed down her chest, stopping to tease and pull on her nipples with one hand as well as his mouth and then continued to kiss down her stomach as both of his hands moved up to caress and continue to tease her breasts.

He reached her pants and pulled them off so fast she didn’t even realize what was happening before she felt his lips over her clit and she moaned then felt his lips continued their assault down her legs to her toes and then back up to the inner parts of her legs until it again reached her clit.

He moved one of his hands from her breasts down to enter her with one finger than a second as she arched herself off the bed realizing how tight she was and how much she had missed this.

Five months without Spike’s kiss, touches and feelings was way too long.

Spike felt her squeezing him so tight and knew he just had to have her now.

He reached down to pull his shirt off his head and to yanked his pants down getting them stuck in his boots but not caring as he in one plunge to enter her.

She moaned and arched off the bed pulling his face towards her and kissing him deeply.

He moved frantically not caring how long this would last and only desperately seeking to mark her and claim her body again as his so never again would she leave.

As she withered under his hands all over her body, touching, tweaking, rubbing, and teasing, she begged Spike, “Please. Please, bite me. Please.”

Spike smirked wanting to do the same but wanting to hold off until she was just about to orgasm and instead continued his teasing and moved his lips down to one of her nipples to tease one while continued his hard pounding of her into the mattress.

Buffy arched her back and moaned loudly whispering, “please oh please Spike, please!”

Spike upped her feelings one more notch as he moved down one of his hands to rub her clit and this almost sent her over the edge.

As she began to plead and cry Spike knew the time was right as he kissed quickly up her neck to her shoulders and bit into her neck and swallowed one pull of her blood as she went spiraling out of control, clinging onto him for dear life and yelling out his name.

The power of the orgasm and the tightness and heat of being inside of her allowed him to pump twice and then he lost himself in his orgasm roaring out her name and the words “MINE! BUFFY, SLAYER YOU ARE MINE!”

Buffy nodded and whispered, “Yours Spike, always and forever” and then she bit Spike hard and renewed her claim stating, “Never leave me Spike, you are mine.”

Spike nodded and replied, “Yours, always and forever.”

With that, they collapsed on their bed and snuggled close to each other, content for now to rest in each other’s arms.

Both drifted off to sleep not even noticing that Buffy had pulled the IV out of her arm and the liquid had dripped a puddle to the floor.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Doyle opened the bond to Dalton and whispered, ‘I guess she’s awake.”

Dalton laughed and sent back, ‘You think?’

Doyle sent a laugh as well and said, ‘God I need a drink, want one?’

Dalton went to Doyle’s room and together they laughed and joked heading towards the bar to leave the master and his mate to make up and do whatever it is they do.