Chapter 6: My Hero?



Spike returned with a few bags in hand and Dalton opened the door for him.

Dalton asked, “Anything more you need?”

Spike shook his head and Dalton did a bow and left the room closing the door behind him.

Spike looked over at his captive and sighed. He hated that he had to use the same chains on her that he had used on him by Angelus, Darla and Dru.

But he wasn’t sure he could handle a full strength slayer.

What was he going to do with her anyway? He reasoned in his head that she had been hurt and there was no real reason to let her be taken by some stupid demons when he should be the one to kill her. Yeah, that’s why.

With that he lit up a cigarette and turned on the tele.

Choosing a show he climbed up on the bed next to the slayer and glanced down noticing even more bruises had turned brown and realized she must really be healing fast.

He wondered if humans need food while sleeping.

He decided if she wasn’t awake tomorrow he’d do some research on how to feed a unconscious human but for now he settled in to watch a movie.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Spike was just about asleep when he felt the bed move slightly.

He sat up immediately and looked over at the slayer who was lightly twitching.

He thought she must be waking up and was tempted to undo the chains but decided against it after remembering how good this girl fought.

If she was good enough to fight, then she was good enough to be well but he didn’t like that reasoning.

For some reason he liked the idea of this girl in his bed and that he was helping her. Helping? Who said he was helping her?

He sighed as he realized that is what he was really doing, helping the bloody slayer.

God no wonder Dalton was looking at him curiously.

He ran a hand through his hair noticing the slayer’s eyes opening.

She looked up at Spike curiously before twisting and turning around to look at her surroundings.

Her eyes got wide and she looked really frightened.

Spike realized he needed to say something and fast.

He said, “Um saved you from some vampires. Do you remember anythin’, pet? You were attacked by a bunch of vampires and they got the upper hand. Knocked you silly, knocked you out and you were bein’ taken away by some bloody demons when I saved you.”

Buffy looked at him curiously trying to remember and make sense of what he said.

She remembered his eyes from somewhere, oh yes, the bronze that night. What beautiful eyes.

Then she returned to listening to him talk realizing he was talking to her.

She shook her head forgetting for a moment that she was tied up and said, “Huh?”

Spike sighed and repeated that he had saved her.

She said, “Thanks” and went to sit up and suddenly remembered she was chained up and then yelled, “Why the hell am I chained up if you saved me?”

Spike smirked amused by her reaction and realizing she must be doing well to have a voice yell like that, “Well pet, you see, Couldn’t have you rehurtin yourself or runnin off. Wanted you safe, see?”

Buffy said, “Well I’m safe, untie me so I can get home.”

Spike thought about doing just that but realized he liked this girl in his bed.

He shook his head and said, “No can do. You hungry?”

Buffy licked her lips and realized she was indeed hungry and said, “Yup, got anything to eat? Can you release me so I can eat at least?”

Spike again shook his head and said, “Nah, I’ll feed ya though. Wasn’t sure what you liked for grub so I bought snack food: chips, soda, some cake things, and some other crap. What ya want?”

He said backing away from the opened fridge and box full of stuff to let her choose.

She twisted her head determined to make the best of this and whispered, “Got diet coke? And chips?”

Spike looked down and saw he only had coke and pepsi, definitely no diet.

She was just a slip of a beautiful bint, what did she need diet for?

He sighed and rubbed his head through her hair realizing he said beautiful and turned back to the fridge pulling out a regular coke and then a bag of chips from the box on the floor.

He replied, “Just got the coke, not diet. Didn’t realize with you being so skinny you’d would require diet. Will regular coke do? If’ not I got Sprite and some other orange stuff.”

She nodded and said, “Whatever” meaning she didn’t care and he came over and crawled over her as he had done the last day or so.

He sat down on his side of the bed and set up the straw that he had luckily thought of in advance to feed her with.

He put the soda straw to her lips and she eagerly sucked on it drinking half the can in one large sip.

He then set the soda between his legs and went about opening up the bag of crisps and offered her one which she opened her mouth and delicately chewed on them as fast as Spike offered them to her.

They sat in silence with only the sound of her eating filling the room.

Finally when she had drank the soda completely and finished two bags of chips, she was full.

She turned and looked at Spike and said, “So how long do you plan to keep me kidnapped in here?”

Spike’s jaw dropped as he tried to think of an answer.


Chapter 7: Hard Questions



Spike sighed as he got up to pace by crawling over the small girl again and began to pace thinking about her question, “how long do you plan to keep me kidnapped in here?”

He never thought of it that way but that is what he was doing.

He realized he had really no reason to keep her here. No reason at all.

But he made up his mind, “Until tomorrow I guess. Then we’ll recheck your injuries. Make sure you are golden girl again and release you to handle your own battles. Just a warning, pet, someone is after you and ‘s willin to pay for your demise. Best watch your back. You might even be safer here.”

Buffy thought about that for a moment and said, “Can you at least unshackle me if I promise to stay? I’m uncomfortable and I have to use the bathroom.”

Spike nodded thinking if she left oh well, as long as she didn’t stake him.

He reached over and undid one of her shackles to wait to see how she would react.

He undid her legs leaving her one arm shackled in case.

He took a deep breath hoping he wasn’t being a fool and undid the last shackle.

Instead of getting up and moving Buffy moved to untie the wraps he had placed over her wrists and then over her ankles before lifting the blankets to see what the heck she was wearing.

She realized she was dressed in a black tee shirt. It covered everything but she didn’t have any underwear on. Where the hell were her clothes?

She began to panic then heard Spike speak up and say, “Your clothes, ducks, were ruined. Covered in blood. You were badly injured. Took them off, washed you up, redressed you to spare your dignity and keep you safe.”

Buffy eyed him trying to figure out what this man had to gain.

Then she suddenly noticed she was covered from tingles.

Her head didn’t really hurt but it was pounding with the sign that vampires were nearby.

She sat up in bed and asked suddenly, “Where am I? Who are you? Are you a vampire? Is this some sick joke to save me only to eat me later? Where’s my stakes?”

Spike smirked seeing she was sitting up in his bed, in his clothes, and panicking, “Well ducks tis like this. Name’s Spike but better known to some as William the Bloody. Yeah I’m a vampire. No I’m not going to eat you just yet. Want a fair fight. That means that pet if and when we do fight, it will be fair. You will be fully in your state of health. I’ll be fully in mine. We will do a fancy dance, you will die, and that will be that. But for now, you are safe ‘cause you aren’t well. So enjoy the tender care now while you still get it. As I said, tomorrow you’re on your own.”

Buffy suddenly felt so tired and asked, “Where is the bathroom?”

Spike nodded towards the door and opened it growling to get rid of the minions standing nearby and walked her to the next room standing guard as she wandered in, used the bathroom and came back out after washing her hands.

Buffy returned to the room so tired she could barely keep her eyes open.

She decided he hadn’t killed her yet.

He probably wouldn’t tonight.

He seemed to if nothing else be honest with his replies.

She curled up in his bed and closed her eyes without having any more thoughts.

They could wait until tomorrow.

Hearing her fall asleep Spike sighed and crawled into bed next to her and fell asleep himself wondering what tomorrow would bring.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Spike awoke first and find himself feeling warm for the first time in his life.

He opened his eyes to find himself staring at the blond slayer in his arms snuggled up against his chest resting her head on his shoulder.

Somehow in the middle of the night, she had snuggled up against him and he had held her.

He dismissed it as being used to sleeping with Dru but he had never held Dru while she slept.

In fact, he had never held anyone while they slept.

He liked the feeling of it. He almost went back to sleep until he felt her shift next to him.

He didn’t move and watched eagerly her reaction.

She didn’t open her eyes at first and snuggled deeper against him letting out a gentle sigh. She was so comfortable. She had never slept the whole way through the night before. She felt so warm and cozy and safe.

She then felt a yawn coming on her and stretched before noticing she was being held.

Not just by anyone, by someone who was slightly colder than her.

She jumped a bit trying to remember the night before.

As she jumped she felt pain pull through her body as she laid back down in pain.

Spike shot up in bed and looked over at her trying to see where she had hurt herself.

Without thinking he pulled up her shirt and noticed the bindings on the two biggest wounds were red and full of blood. He ripped them off and he lowered his head to them and licked them sealing the wound.

Buffy was in shock. She was just stripped of clothes and was licking her wounds.

She panicked and pushed him away as she heard him growl.

She demanded, “I’m not your dinner damnit. Stay away from me.”

Spike held her down with both of his hands saying, “You’re bloody bleeding Slayer. You reopened your wounds. Now you will have to stay here another day while you heal. Can’t send you out of my lair smelling like fresh food. What the bloody hell were you thinking? Now hold still and let me finish. This won’t hurt, promise luv.”

With that he lowered his mouth and finished licking the second wound closed.

Buffy looked down at him in awe holding up her shirt until he finished.

He then leaned down taking two strips that Buffy had thrown down the day before from her wrist and carefully bound her waist again with her slightly lifting herself to help.

She then lowered her shirt right as Spike placed a gently kiss over each wound without thinking.

Buffy gasped and whispered softly, “Why are you being nice to me? You’re an evil vampire. Vampires eat people, not heal them.”

She looked so confused and fragile that Spike sighed running a hand through his hair and whispered softly, “Don’t rightly know.”

Then he shook his head remembering the reality of the situation before straightening his body to sit up straighter and said, “You are the slayer. You deserve to be healthy when I kill you.”

She sighed although the first answer unnerved her.

She bit her bottom lip and whispered, “Spike? I’m hungry again. Mind if I eat? And I need a quick trip to the bathroom again.”

Spike crawled over her and went over the fridge saying, “I’ll get it pet. Whadya want?”

Buffy replied, “I guess coke will do, got anything other than chips?”

Spike said, “Some cake things and a ham and cheese sandwich. Some blooming onion stuff, buffalo wings…”

He trailed off realizing he was offering her some of his personal favorite stash that no one else knew he had.

She grinned and said, “Buffalo wings? Got any place to heat them?”

Spike shook his head then thought for a moment and said, “Be right back.”

He took out a bag of Buffalo wings and left out of the lair seeing how it was nighttime again.

Buffy laid back on the bed to rest until he returned not quite understanding where he went.