Chapter 8: Earned Respect



Spike was just walking out of the back of the pub with a freshly heated tray of Buffalo wings.

He had even picked up a cold diet coke from the pub.

He smiled as he thought of how happy Buffy would be that he thought of her.

He had gone to the bar just up the road and had himself a nice snack of a few clients as he waited for his wings to heat.

He had seen the soda container and noticed the diet coke on the top shelf and stole it.

His stomach was full and content.

Nothing like fresh warm blood with a tinge of alcohol to really make a vamp's night. It saved time on getting drunk.

He sensed Dalton's panic sending off bells in his head.

He went to ask what was wrong when he bumped into him.

Dalton was just turning the corner in front of the lair.

Dalton stopped him saying, "I couldn't get through to you. You must have been distracted so I came out running to find you."

He heard a commotion ahead of him and took off running as Dalton followed behind him saying, “There’s trouble boss. The slayer…the minions got a whiff of her blood when you left her and she opened the door and they spotted her and...”

Spike slammed open the door to see Buffy being held by one of the vampires while crying her eyes out and another was removing the shirt Spike had placed on her while another was fondling her breasts.

Spike roared as all the minions stopped and started at him.

The minion holding her didn’t drop her as Spike handed the tray to Dalton and walked over to the guy holding Buffy and twisted his neck and caught her to steady her ignoring the dust in the air.

He turned to the other two who were participating in the act.

He made sure Buffy was steady and did the same to the other two minions.

He looked around the room at the last two in the room who were cheering them on and twisted their necks clean off too leaving a ton of dust on the ground.

He looked at the group of minions who had gathered hearing all the commotion and turned to Buffy arranging her shirt sighing noticing the blood that was seeping out of one of her wounds.

He knew this would make the minions restless as he stated quickly, “Anyone who touches this girl will have to answer to me. She’s off limits. Mine. Got that?”

One of the minions who had been hiding just outside the door, smirked and said, “No mark on her saying she’s yours you know?”

Spike recognized him as a minion to Angelus originally and not really to him so he picked up the chair and didn’t even bother to break it throwing it across the room into his heart and watched as he turned to dust and then roared, “Any other questions?”

The minions all bowed their heads and muttered, “No Master.”

As he dismissed them, he turned to Buffy and said, “Sit down pet. I brought us food and need to tend to these bandages.”

Then he turned to Dalton and said, “Fetch me some water. Thanks for the warning.”

Dalton smiled and bowed as he exited the room only to return a minute later with fresh water.

Spike turned to him and said, “That will be all Dalton. If you want, you can take a wing or two off the plate as your reward for being all faithful “

Dalton grinned taking two wings before backing out of the room and closing the door.

Spike sighed as he lifted Buffy’s shirt off her body and removed the bandages and ripped the un-bloody part of the shirt she was wearing into pieces again to rebind the biggest gash.

He noticed the second one had begun to mend nicely and smiled thankful to see she was at least healing still despite all the issues.

The bruises on her body were down to a pale brown and didn’t hurt anymore to touch. He looked up at Buffy who nodded as he lowered his mouth to her wound licking it twice.

Once to savor the taste of her blood and again to seal it.

Buffy said nothing as he carefully washed the area and redressed it before walking over to the dresser and pulling out a new shirt and pulled it over her head.

He helped her to stand and walked to again to the bathroom letting her use it before helping her back into the room to sit back on the bed again.

He tucked the blankets back around her.

Then he went to the fridge pulling out two cokes and watched as she wiggled to the opposite side of the bed allowing him to crawl in next to her as he placed the plate between them.

He opened up her soda then one for himself and both of them munched in silence.

She finally got brave enough to ask and said, “Um Spike? Why are you eating with me? I thought vampires drink blood not eat food.”

Spike smirked with a slight shrug and said, “Still eat. These here
are my favorites. Taste bloody fine if you ask me. Don’t need to eat but I fancy some food from time to time. Doesn’t do anything for me but doesn’t hurt me either.”

Buffy let the information turn around in her head before she put her hand on his and said, “You aren’t a normal vampire.”

Spike shook his head and grinned proud she was realizing it, “One of a kind ducks. One of a kind.”

He frowned noticing she was touching him and gently pulled his hand away as Buffy continued to eat the rest of her wings.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Spike stopped flipping through the stations as Buffy yawned.

Spike looked over at her noticing she had a very tired look about her as he whispered, “Slayer, sleep. I’ll keep you safe, Promise.”

Buffy without giving it a second thought, curled up next to him resting her head on his shoulder, Spike adjusted the blankets to cover her as well as him nicely before whispering against his chest, “My name is Buffy. Night Spike.”

Spike looked down at his sleeping golden goddess wondering just how the hell he got himself into this situation and whispered against his better judgment, “Night Buffy.”

Determined not to deal with what he was getting into, he closed his eyes to sleep.