Chapter 9: House Visits



Buffy woke up first and couldn’t resist really looking at the man well vamp she was sleeping with.

He looked simply angelic when he was sleeping.

She had seen his vamp face once when he was protecting her from his lackeys but other than that, he didn’t appear to be a vampire.

He was cold but sweet and nice.

Sometimes when they were together, he almost felt warm enough to be human but she knew deep down he wasn’t.

He might eat normal foods, drink soda like her but he was still a vampire.

She felt him stir a little bit and heard him whisper, “’Morning luv.”

She grinned at that nickname and said, “I’m hungry.”

He chuckled and said, “Slayer, you are always hungry.”

She stopped for a minute before asking, “Is it morning or nighttime Spike?”

Spike replied without even opening his eyes yet and said, “Just after sunset why?”

Buffy whispered a little unsure of herself, “Can we go out somewhere and eat? It’s nighttime.”

Spike wondered for a brief moment why she didn’t ask about home or about school but dismissed it and said, “Sure pet. But you can’t go in that.”

She looked down at herself noticing that she had gotten used to the fact in the last few days, she had only been wearing a black tee shirt.

She frowned and said, “Can we stop by my place and pick up some clothes?”

Spike hesitated for a moment and said, “You sure you don’t want to go home yet luv? You are probably well enough.”

She shook her head then explained, “Mom wouldn’t be there anyway. School is on winter break so off until Monday. Not quite sure what day it is but I doubt it’s been 9 days yet. And mom won’t be back for 9. So I was planning to spend my break alone at home. Besides, didn't you mention some bad guys were out to get me? ”

Spike thought for a moment that she shouldn’t be left by herself on this Hellmouth in Sunnyhell by herself for 9 days. Say something happened to her. Hell something had already happened to her.

He frowned thinking why did it matter if the slayer died anyway. Another one would be called and he could just kill that one.

He should just kill her and get it over with but realized he had no real inclination to do so.

He shook his head at his thoughts and then said, “Sure we can go by your house. Let me just put something on.”

Buffy looked down at her outfit and watched as Spike without a second thought slipped off his pants right in front of her and slipped a new pair on.

Buffy gasped seeing him in his naked glory for just a minute as Spike turned towards her rebuttoning his pants and said, “See something you like ducks?”

Buffy turned bright red and slightly before thinking nodded and said, “Name’s Buffy.”

He nodded and then smirked and said, “So Buffy, better than boys your age then?”

Buffy turned an even brighter red and bit her lower lip before looking down at her feet embarrassed.

She finally admitted, “Wouldn’t know. Never seen one before.”

Spike filed this information in the back of his head for future thought before he turned around and looked at her standing there in just his shirt.

He sighed and handed her his duster, which he never let anyone wear. He said in a serious tone, “Don’t ruin that. I’ll drain you in a heartbeat if you ruin it. Want it back too. That’s important.”

Buffy looked down at it and asked, “Where’d you get it?”

Spike hesitated deciding whether or not to be honest and figured he hadn’t lied to her yet and he was a vampire after all and besides having her afraid of him might be a nice way to get passed this.

He finally admitted, “Got it off a slayer in New York.”

Buffy frowned and then said, “Spike, are you still planning to kill me?”

As she slipped the duster around herself and tied it tight to do a turn to see how much was showed off.

Satisfied it covered all necessary parts she turned to him to see about his answer.

He looked at his feet shuffling them a bit before whispering, “Don’t rightly know Buffy. That was the plan though.”

Buffy nodded not wanting to think about it anymore before saying, “Shall we?”

Spike nodded and opened the door giving a warning growl watching the left over minions scatter.

Luckily it was nighttime so most were out on the hunt.

But always a few minions stayed behind either being fed by sharing someone’s meal or having already fed and returned already for the night.

Buffy walked in front of Spike as he said, “Right outside is my Desoto. We can use that to drive wherever you want.”


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy stopped in front of her house before whispering, “Come in Spike.”

Spike looked up at her confused thinking he would just have to wait inside until she came back and immediately growled upset she would let a vampire into her house without a second thought.

Buffy looked at him confused as to why he was growling and heard him say, “You make a habit of inviting vampires into your house Buffy?”

He backed her up against the wall with his hands on either side of her head and growled again saying, “You have a death wish Slayer? I could solve that problem for you so fast you wouldn’t know what hit you!”

Buffy shook her head and said, “Only you have an invitation to my house. Never let a vampire in before. Don’t plan to.”

Spike softened at her admittance and said gently, “Thanks, pet. Now let’s get you some clothes and anythin’ else you want.”

Buffy lead Spike’s upstairs to her room eager to pack some items, not even stopping to think how strange it was that she was here in her house where she belonged with a vampire that she was moving out to live with pretty much.

She shrugged off the thought thinking she was just lonely.

She frowned for a second as the thought came bursting through her head saying that she must be pathetic to be a slayer and having a friend who is a vampire but he did save her after all.

She shook her head back to reality and she handed Spike a bag of clothes.

She bent into her closet to retrieve another that she started filling up with clothes as well.

Spike raised an eyebrow that she never noticed but was wondering why she was packing so many clothes for another possible 6 days. Probably more like 5 by now.

But he just followed her around. Suddenly as she entered the bathroom she asked curiously, “Um Spike? Do you have anywhere to take showers?”

Spike pondered for a minute and nodded and said, “Next room in the mansion has a shower and bathtub. Just rarely is used.”

Buffy nodded and then said, “Want me to bring my microwave so we can heat up food for us to eat?”

Spike got wide eyed and said, “Whatever you think is best pet” then as she collected her shower items, got to thinking about what the heck was going on.

The Slayer was acting as though she was moving in but for 6 days having a microwave, would be nice.

So he shrugged his shoulders, taking the second bag from her as she pulled on a pair of panties and shorts and slipped on some sandals and raced downstairs pushing the microwave into Spike’s waiting hands.