Chapter 14: Another Date Night



Buffy stood in front of the mirror putting some makeup on her face as Spike talked behind her trying to do his hair without a mirror.

Buffy always had wondered how vampires had kept their hair in the proper way without a mirror.

Spike appeared to used gel and just pushed it back in a certain way that she guessed had been perfected with over a hundred years of experience.

She listened to Spike as he said what he thought was plans for the evening, “I’ll take you out to a nice restaurant if you want since we both look so nice and we can take a walk on the beach at the edge of town. Then we can do whatever else you want to only I need to make a stop somewhere. I need to eat.”

Buffy turned around at that admission and whispered, “Do you kill people every night?”

Spike hesitated his answer worried this might be the kicker in the relationship to ruin it, “I have been yes. Sometimes I leave them dying but not dead yet. But usually I kill them yeah.”

Buffy gasped at hearing the truth and frowned not knowing what to do with this information, Spike continued, “If it’s really a problem, I can’t stomach the animal blood but I can take from the hospitals or something. I need blood to survive but slayer blood, it lasts a while in my system and I should be able to get by with a bag of hospital blood a day. Would you prefer that Buffy?”

Buffy looked at Spike happily knowing that it was a total compromise on his side and she wasn’t even bothered thinking about the transfusions that would be denied with the blood he was ingesting and instead thought of the number of people who would live instead of dying if he wasn’t feeding.

She wrapped her arms and legs around his body peppering his face and neck with kisses whispering, “Thank you Spike, thank you thank you. Oh I love you so much.”

Spike gasped at her admission and if he could have blushed he would have and instead moved his hands to hold onto her ass to keep her against him as he whispered, “Buffy, luv? Do you really mean it?”

Buffy stopped her kisses to look him in the eyes and replied, “Spike, we have only known each other for a few days.”

Spike looked so sad Buffy continued, “But I mean it. I’ve never felt this way about anyone. Never before depended on anyone. Never felt so close to them. Never could imagine my life together with them. I can do that with you. Do you love me too?”

She asked the last question full of hope as she bit her lower lip hoping for the best.

Spike grinned at her cuteness and nervousness as he whispered, “Of course I do pet. I love you Buffy. Not sure how, how sure why but I do.”

Buffy beamed and gave him a passion filled kiss.

Spike broke the kiss and chuckled, “Um don’t start something we can’t finish if we want to go out and get some grub yeah?”

Buffy nodded as she slid down the front of him and was promptly lowered to her feet.

She took a minute to whisper, “Thank you.”

He whispered back, “Thank you as well.”

With that, she turned around and redid her makeup to cover the crying she had done earlier and they turned to start their evening.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy slipped her hand into Spike’s as they sat together on the beach watching the waves come and go as she felt so happy after making love to Spike on the beach.

Dinner was also perfect. It was the most perfect evening she had had in her whole life. Her first true date. Her first true love. Her first time making love on the beach.

After they had made love, they both said I love you to each other and then sat and enjoyed the waves.

It was like a fairy tale only with a fresh bite mark adorning her neck.

She decided to approach the idea of patrol with Spike wanting a bit of violence before turning in for the night.

She turned towards Spike and tried to explain her thoughts,
“Spike?”

He said, “Yes pet?”

Buffy said, “I know it probably isn’t proper for me to ask but could we patrol together? I mean I know you’re a vampire and killing your kind isn’t your favorite thing to do but they kill people and I cant have them doing that and there’s demons out there too that need to be taken care of and I’m afraid to go myself because I’m out of practice not having been patrolling the last few nights due to being with you. Would you mind horribly if on the way home we stop and patrol through a few cementaries?”

Spike looked down at their joined hands not sure what to say.

It was going against his kind but he had always kept in the back of the head that she was the slayer.

He couldn’t keep her cooped up forever.

He decided killing with her would keep her safe.

He didn’t want something to kill her. He didn’t want her dead at all.

He nodded and said, “To keep you safe, I will.”

Buffy sighed in relief as she took the hand he offered as he stood up and walked side by side with him back to the car.


Chapter 15: Chains and Slayer Background



Buffy spun around trying to dodge another kick that was thrown in her direction.

She stumbled back feeling the muscles that were usually so well used pull and not work as well as they were supposed to.

She frowned down at her skirt that was flying around her waist and tried to push her feet together to push the quickly invading vampire out of her face.

She managed to do that quickly glancing in Spike’s direction as he was fighting three vampires at a time.

She sighed and turned her attention back to the vampire she was fighting then noticed a larger demon in the corner of her eye watching.

She had a moment of memory which reminded her of the night she got hurt and it was enough to throw her off and cause her to stumble back as the vampire knocked her out again.

Spike heard the noise and Buffy yelp as he quickly managed to dust two of the vampires he was fighting and turned to the last one as the demon lifted Buffy into his arms.

He was peering closely at the vampire fighting his hired vampires and turned to take her away bolting off into the woods.

Spike dusted the last vampire turned to help Buffy noticing she was gone but smelt her blood in the air.

He panicked yelling, “Buffy. Buffy!!”

He noticed one of the vampires she was fighting had a wad of cash and was taking off running into the woods.

Spike caught up with him and spun him around and grabbed him by the neck and vamped out asking, “Where did he take her?”

The vamp looked scared and said, “I don’t know.”

Spike roared and asked again, “Where did he take her?”

The vamp trembled and stuttered, “I don’t know. He wanted her for a ritual. He didn’t tell me much. I met him at an old warehouse at the edge of town. Perhaps he took her there?”

Spike dropped the vampire then dusted him picking up the huge wad of cash and putting it in his pocket to help pay for the slayer and his expenses and took off to get in his car and head towards the warehouse.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy woke up and found herself chained to a wall surrounded by three demons, a few men in heavy woolen coats of different colors.

One had glasses on.

They were all talking to each other ignoring her.

She looked down and noticed her feet were also chained but she was still dressed completely.

She felt like her head was on fire but other than that, appeared to be unharmed.

She figured someone must have knocked her out and kidnapped her.

She panicked for a moment and whispered, “Spike” wondering where he was.

A demon turned around and she had seen him before.

He was the one who was watching the fight she was having just a little while ago and he appeared amused.

The man with glasses turned towards Buffy and noticed she was awake, “Awake my dear? Well that’s good. I guess those slayer powers do well for you.”

Buffy yelled clearly annoyed, “What do you want with me?”

The man replied, “I don’t want anything with you. I want you dead. I need a new slayer. Someone younger. Someone without your history. You cause trouble everywhere you go. Do you know what it took me to deal with your last school episode? You burnt the gym down! I had to go through tons of hoops to see to it you weren’t jailed. And now, you have the bite of a vampire on you. You are tainted worse than I thought. So who was the vampire helping you out? How did you get him to do that? Are you his sex toy? His blood fountain?”

Buffy felt tears pour down her face at such horrible things being said about Spike and yelled out in anger, “He loves me. It’s not like that. Who are you?”

The man straightened up his coat and said, “I work for the Council and for Mr. Travers who regrettably can’t be here. He wants you dead Miss Summers. Do you understand me? Dead!”

Buffy shivered not wanting to die yet. She was still too young!

So instead she tried to focus on where the guy had said he was from.

The council, where had she heard that place before.

Suddenly it hit her. Merrik! Her old watcher was a part of the council.

His death must have triggered this whole thing. “Merrik was part of the council correct? My old watcher?”

Buffy asked almost dreading the answer.

The man pushed his glasses onto his face a little further and said, “That is correct young lady. Merrik was your watcher and assigned to you. He was to teach you all you needed and then let you do your own thing. But instead you got him killed.”

Buffy shook her head back and forth feeling the pain from Merrik dying, hitting her all over again, “Merrik saved me. He was bitten by a vampire. I didn’t get him killed. He sacrificed himself for me.”

The man looked unimpressed and unmoved by her eyes that had filled with tears and her words and merely replied, “Slayers are expendable, watchers are not. Watchers are human, slayers are not.”

Buffy got angry at hearing that he was saying she was not human.

She was just a human as can be and spitted out at him, “Of course slayers are human. I’m just like you only with strength.”

The man laughed an evil sort of laugh and replied, “Don’t you know where your slayer strength comes from? Demon. A demon possessing you when the previous slayer dies and it gives you your slaying power. Therefore it makes you part demon, expendable.”

Buffy shook her head trying not to listen to what he was saying.

She couldn’t be part demon.

She had a mom and dad and she was just a normal human girl with special powers.

Just because she would fight and slay demons and vampires didn’t make her one herself.

She was horrified by what they had said. Just then the back of her neck tingled a familiar tingle and she gasped.