Chapter 25

To say that Beth was distracted was an understatement. She had so much on her plate there were times she didn’t know if she was coming or going. She had work, school, Spike, the worry about her sick mother, the worry about her sister-child the Key, and patrolling as the Specter. She was currently chasing a vampire through a mist shrouded cemetery. The Specter shouted out the word she used to dust vamps. As her prey dusted her cry of victory turned to one of pain.

Spike followed the Specter at a leisurely pace. He knew she needed some tension released, although he didn’t understand why she was so tense. When he heard her shriek of pain he dropped his cigarette and ran up to find her. Spike let out a gasp of outrage when he found the Specter slumped over a gravestone with an arrow in her back.

Spike rushed over to the black clad girl, and he carefully rearranged her. “This may hurt, luv.”

“Just do it.” The Specter hissed in pain when Spike broke off the arrow. “I feel funny. The tip is dipped in something.” Then she passed out as the bleached blond vampire removed the wooden shaft from her flesh.

Spike lifted the Specter into his arms. He had no idea where she lived. So, he took her to the house he shared with Beth. After he laid the Specter on the couch, he stared down at the mask covering her face. It would be so easy to take the damned thing off and finally know her identity. Instead he listened to her heartbeat, which suddenly stopped. Spike grabbed the Specter’s shoulders, ready to start CPR. Then, he heard her whispering.

“Spike, get the first aid kit,” Beth whimpered. She hurt like she had never hurt before in her life.

“Beth?” Spike let go of the Specter’s shoulders, and he ripped off her mask. “You’re the Specter?”

“Surprise?” Beth whispered. Her eyes fluttered shut. “I’m feeling funny again.”

Spike dipped his finger in the blood that was pooled on Beth’s stomach. He sniffed the red liquid first, and then he tasted it. There was something foreign in her blood.

“Anya, I need you,” Beth whispered.

Spike stood up to go call Anya, but she appeared in the living room with a pop.

“Oh, good, you finally know that Beth is the Specter,” Anya said. Then she looked at Beth. “What the hell happened?”

“Someone shot her with an arrow.” Spike took off his duster, and he threw it over a nearby chair. “The tip was laced with something. I need your help.”

“So she was in Specter mode when she was shot?” Anya had a concerned look on her face.

“Yes.” Spike returned to Beth’s side.

“I’ll be back.” Anya popped out of sight.

“It hurts,” Beth moaned. She was starting to feel feverish. She gasped for breath. “Do you hate me, Spike?”

“No, I could never hate you, pet.” Spike moved to take Beth onto his lap. “You mean everything to me.”

Beth put her head on Spike’s shoulder. “I’m not just a plain old vampire, you know.”

“Yeah, I kinda figured that out with the heartbeat and everything.”

Beth huffed through her nose. “Yeah, I don’t understand that part. I guess that’s why you don’t hear of many turned Slayers.”

“Probably not,” Spike chuckled.

“You knew?”

“I figured it out when you went to your mum’s house.” Spike adjusted Beth in his arms. “I was pretty brassed off for awhile, but I decided I love you no matter who you are.”

Beth sighed. “Buffy Summers, undead vampire Slayer at your service. I love you too.” She let herself slip into the darkness that was pulling at her.

“Beth?” Spike asked in a worried voice. “Don’t pass out on me.” He shouted into the air. “Hurry the bloody hell up, Anya!”

“Hold your horses.” Anya was back with a book in her hand. “Very few poisons affect vampires as you already know.” She opened the book.

“Beth’s more than just a vampire, though,” Spike protested. “She’s a bloody turned Slayer.”

“I know that. I was sent to work with her wasn’t I?” Anya glared at Spike. “Now tell me how the poison tasted.”

Spike tilted his head to the side. “It was sweet tasting.”

Anya flipped through the pages of the book. “Okay. It’s one specifically made for turned Slayers then. It says here that the only cure is the blood of her mate.” She looked up. “Well, I guess that’s you big boy. The side affect will be that she is very amorous.”

Beth groaned as her eyes fluttered open. She put her mouth on Spike’s neck. “My mate,” she mumbled into his skin.

“That’s my cue to leave,” Anya said. “As much as I’d love to stay and watch you two do the horizontal mambo, I don’t think Beth would be too happy with me.” She snapped her fingers and the book disappeared. “I wonder if Rupert is free for some orgasms.” Then, she too disappeared.

Spike rose to his feet with his precious burden in his arms. He took Beth upstairs to their bedroom where he laid down on the bed with her. “Come on, Beth honey. You need to bite me.” Spike put Beth’s face up to his neck. “Get better for your Spike.”

Beth’s vampiric visage automatically shifted forward. She sank her teeth into Spike’s flesh, and she let her mouth fill with his powerful, coppery blood. Then, she shifted into her Specter persona before she pulled away, and she growled, “Mine.”

“Yours.” Spike nuzzled against Beth’s neck in return. He waited for permission which was her hand behind his head pressing his face into her skin. Spike sank his fangs into her soft, fragrant skin. The taste of her blood that he’d had before had only been a hint at the depth of her flavor. “Mine,” he growled.

“Yours.” Beth pressed her body closer to Spike. She grappled at his shoulders as she tried to get even closer to her newly acquired mate. “Too many clothes.”

“Yeah, I agree.” Spike pulled away from Beth, and he pushed her black Specter shirt up out of his way. He noticed that her wound was almost healed. Spike kissed the area before he returned to her neck which he nipped as he pushed the shirt over Beth’s head. “You’re so beautiful, luv. I just adore your Specter eyes.”

“I guess they’re really Slayer eyes,” Beth said. The two of them didn’t even notice that she wasn’t speaking English.

“Yeah.” Spike moved to the end of the bed to take off Beth’s shoes and socks. Then, he moved to the middle to shove her pants out of the way too. He took note of the fact that she hadn’t worn any panties that day. Spike pulled Beth’s legs apart, and he fell between them with his mouth level with her wet, pink pussy. “That looks good enough to eat.”

“Please,” Beth whined. She raised her hips in an attempt for some closer contact. “I’m not above begging, you know.”

“I know you’re not,” Spike purred. “I just love that in a Slayer.” He leaned down to lick the sweet offering from bottom to top. He continued to lick and nibble until Beth pleaded for completion. It was then that he latched his mouth onto her clit as he shoved three fingers into her heated pussy. He hadn’t realized she’d be so much warmer as the Specter.

Beth let out a cry of pleasure as she climaxed. She pumped her hips, trying to suck Spike’s fingers farther into her pulsating core. Beth whined when the fingers disappeared, but she was happy again when Spike slammed into her body. She screamed in ecstasy when he latched onto his previous bite while he pumped his prick long and hard into her cunt.

The turned Slayer and the vampire spend the night sucking, fucking, and exchanging blood. In the morning they both knew there was going to be plenty to talk about.