Chapter 31/Epilogue

Things quieted down in Sunnydale as they always did after an averted apocalypse. The Scoobies started to break up into groups of who was staying in Sunnydale, who was going to move to Los Angeles with Cassie and Angel, and who would be going to New York City with Faith and Riley.

After much discussion between Giles and Anya, they decided to go to Los Angeles with Cassie. There were many business opportunities to be expanded on with the demon parts sideline and the kitten breeding sideline. Anya planned on opening a second Magic Box in Los Angeles, possibly even in the Hyperion Hotel where they would meet up with Doyle and Gunn, a street fighter that had joined the half-demon in helping the hopeless. The Sunnydale magic shop’s management was still in question, but Anya was sure she could come up with something. It was soon after they moved to Los Angeles that Giles surprised Anya by popping the question in the middle of a long research session while trying to fight the demonic law firm Wolfram and Hart.

Xander and Cordelia pretty much had the same discussion as Giles and Anya. After much thought, they decided they would stay in Sunnydale with Spike and Buffy. Both of the humans enjoyed the vampires’ company. Cordelia had thought about becoming an actress in Los Angeles. After much thought, she decided that she would rather be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond. She promptly joined the local theatrical society where she was cast as the lead in their latest play. Xander went on to take over the construction company that he had been working for since graduating high school.

Of course, Clem and Jack stayed in Sunnydale, as did Dalton. All three conceded that they were friendlier with Spike and Buffy than any of the other Slayers. Jack continued to manage the Bronze while Clem and Dalton worked hard at the kitten breeding business. Dalton even started to date one of Clem’s half-breed cousins who looked more human than demon.

Willow and Tara decided to move to Los Angeles also, especially since Serina’s coven would be closer to that town than Sunnydale. However, they assured Buffy that if she needed any magic done, to be sure to call them. It wasn’t really all that hard for the two witches to leave Sunnydale since they really didn’t have any friends outside the Scooby circle anyway. Willow’s parents didn’t even notice her most of the time. Willow didn’t fall into the darkness that could have easily overwhelmed her, but sometimes it was a struggle for the young woman, especially when Wolfram and Hart kidnapped Tara for some nefarious plan. Thankfully, the other Slayer teams showed up to save the day, making the law firm very careful with their dealings with Angel and Cassie’s team.

Joyce returned from Scottsdale with a clean bill of health. She brought Reginald Bey back with her, much to her daughters’ delight. Buffy and Dawn enjoyed ribbing their mother on her choice of men. In fact, after seeing the Mummy movie, both girls took to calling him Ardeth since he looked a lot like the actor who played the Med-jai warrior. Interestingly enough, Reginald offered to act as Buffy’s Watcher in lieu of her not having one which she gratefully accepted. The robots were put away in storage, just in case they were needed again. They never knew when they might need a diversion. Reggie and Joyce never married, but they agreed to a soul binding ceremony instead.

Dawn grew up much like any other teen. She had teenage loves, only one of which had to be staked by her sister Buffy. During high school she dated a jock named R.J., but he dumped her when he left for college. Oz returned to Sunnydale by then, more in control of his werewolf. After graduation, Dawn went to college out of state, and the werewolf followed along at Spike and Buffy’s assistance to keep an eye on the young woman. Trouble seemed to follow Dawn where ever she went. It was during this time that the ex-Key and the sardonic werewolf fell in love, eloped to Vegas, and got married.

It was soon after this that Buffy finally told Spike that Dawn was really their daughter. He was shocked, but he readily accepted the truth. Although, he ‘punished’ his mate for her one last secret. Everyone was shocked to find out that the punishment included their own soul binding ceremony and an elopement to Las Vegas where they were married by a demonic Elvis impersonator

Wesley and Graham each on their own came to the conclusion to go with Faith and Riley. Wesley went in the capacity of Faith’s Watcher while Graham offered to be the Slayer’s resident vampire. Little did either of them realize that they would have to soon deal with Riley Finn’s unflagging jealousy of anything supernatural again. After a few months in New York it became apparent that Riley’s addiction to vampire bites hadn’t died with Maggie Walsh. Faith put on a brave front, but her friends knew she was hurting long after Riley left the scene. During a sojourn to another dimension, both Wesley and Faith met the loves of their lives. Graham stayed footloose and fancy free for the most part.

Spike and Buffy of course continued to patrol the Hellmouth. Apocalypses came and went, but they still were so strongly in love they made everyone around them gag with some of their antics. Buffy was more relaxed now that the whole truth was out in the open, and she started to act more like the young woman she was instead of hiding it behind a façade. Several years after the fight with Glory, Spike’s past came back to haunt him in the guise of one Robin Wood, son of Nikki Wood, the Slayer that Spike killed in 1977. Wood was unclear as to why so many people were being hoodwinked by the bleached blond vampire, and he made several attempts on Spike’s life until he met up with the Specter. It was after this terrifying experience that Wood gladly went to New York City at Reggie Bey’s insistence where he became a vital part of Faith’s team, including her lover until she made the dimension jump where she found her true love.

Things weren’t always as easy as they appeared by a long stretch. Warren Meers still became a problem for the Sunnydale Scoobies, but Spike had no problems disposing of the young man. It was a fact he hid from Buffy for several decades, not wanting to bother her with his foray back into killing humans. A nasty human named Caleb came to Sunnydale. He was a sick psychotic that preyed on women, blaming them for all of his lusts and the evils of the world. Like Meers, he too was removed without bothering the immortal Slayer. Spike took Angel’s advice to heart. What the Slayer doesn’t know won’t hurt her, but it would sure make her life that much easier.

The End