Author's Chapter Notes:
It's great to have a solid beta. This chapter was once again betaed by Brittany.

Chapter 13: Preparations



Buffy was dreaming. She was back with Angel and he was holding her after a night of loving making.

She was so happy and suddenly Angel’s face changed to his vampire form and he grinned at her the way Angelus did. Buffy tried to struggle but still he held her tight and said, “Struggling is useless, lover. No matter where you go, what you do, I’ll always be able to catch you. You can never hide.” Then he licked her neck with a grin, “Mmmm your blood is calling for me. You might be lousy in bed but your blood would make up for it.” Then he sliced his fangs into her neck and started to drain her. She struggled and he laughed against her neck as some of her blood continued to spill out. He caught it with his tongue tearing her skin a little and she yelled out in pain, “No!!”

She suddenly awakened to the feeling of someone rocking her, telling her it was just a dream and it would be okay. She recognized the voice and it was surprisingly calming to her. She stopped her tears and looked up at Spike and whispered, “Why are you being nice to me?”

Spike shifted and answered, “I can’t stand to see you cry. What was the dream about?”

Buffy tensed not sure she wanted to tell him. He seemed sincere with his asking and she searched his eyes to see if he had any alterior motive but instead she saw worry and concern so she replied, “How can vampires show worry and concern? Aren’t they supposed to be soulless?”

Spike glared at her for a moment before answering her ridiculous question, “Souls don’t equal emotions, pet. Lack of a soul does not equal lack of emotions either. I’m sure Hitler had a soul when he murdered the millions of Jewish people and I’m sure the colonists had souls when they were enslaving people from Africa. Souls equal your destiny. It’s something that lives on after us. Something deep inside that attempts to guide you but it’s hardly your conscious. Vampires lose their souls so that when they feed they no longer worry about the results. If we vampires had to worry about Heaven or Hell, we couldn’t eat and would slowly die or cease to exist. Most people’s actions pave the way for a better life or a better future. You slay vampires in hopes to save lives therefore giving people a better way of life. You do good to hope to end up in Heaven someday. See us vampires, we have no souls so no way to go to either place. When we die, the decision is already made for us. Angel had a soul. He had something to work towards. He was working towards some higher purpose, some great reward in the great beyond. See me? I don’t have some great beyond. I have no Heaven or Hell. When I dust, I merely cease to exist therefore why should I try hard to do good? There is no point really.”

Buffy frowned and felt bad hearing this explanation, “Why do you bother then? What’s the point if nothing you do makes a difference one way or another?”

Spike studied her for a moment before answering, “Love motivates me though. I do what I do mostly for love. I spent 120 years on this earth and my only purpose was to love and care for Dru. Not a bad life but I lost that purpose. Dru said I belong in the sunshine or some dabble. I am hoping that means I’m not meant to end up dusty by some sunrays rather than going out with a big fight. I’d like to go out fighting and to tell you the truth, until this last week, I was thinking it might be with you. You’re good, Slayer. Real good. So much so that if I had to be taken out, I hope you’re the one who gets to do it.”

Buffy frowned even more so, “I’m not quite sure I want to kill you anymore. You make me very confused, and hurt me sometimes but you have a sweet side.”

Spike growled, “I am not sweet. Take that back. I’m the big bad vampire. I kill people and have killed people and might even continue to bloody do so.”

Buffy decided she did not want to think about such things and instead whispered, “It’s going to be daylight soon. Do we have time to make a food and hospital stop before the sun rises?”

Spike nodded, “We’ve got about four hours. I’ll need about 10 minutes for the hospital run. I saw a sign for it on the way into town but it was already daylight. I’m sure we can find you food somewhere. The cooler is worthless. Perhaps we can do the hospital run, run you through fast food and look for a place to nest. Not that the hotel isn’t nice and all but we need a fridge and a place for you to call home so it keeps the vampires out. So come on, pet. Let’s get showered, dressed and get some food into our systems.”

Buffy nodded then looked at him because she was naked and grinned a little, “Want to shower together? I’ve never done that before and you’ve already seen me naked and it’s only fair I see you naked and...I’m totally babbling and I totally understand that you don’t want to. After all you and Angel both said I wasn’t any good.” She turned her back to find the duster that would be somewhere on the floor when she was suddenly pulled back into the bed and turned to face Spike. His eyes were a really dark blue as he said, “Buffy, let me say something and remember it. I’m a bad man. I say things sometimes that I don’t mean when I get angry. You hurt me this afternoon when your ramblings about me thralling you so I bloody well hurt you back. I’m sorry…you weren’t that bad. You were beautiful when you got off, you were so trusting and perfect. I don’t know why Angelus said you were unreceptive but his loss is my gain. So no matter what I say on the issue next time you get me mad, remember yesterday morning was perfect and I’ll never forget it.” Buffy smiled slightly although really nervous.

Spike suddenly hopped out of bed and swung her into his arms before she even could have stopped it. He grabbed their bags with one hand and held onto her with the other and two minutes later she was standing in a shower with steaming hot water.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Spike looked at Buffy and realized she looked really nervous but also somewhat eager. She looked at his face but never looked down. He smirked at her innocence, realizing if he had never knew that Angelus had shagged her, he would have never guessed. She acted as though she were still a virgin. It was a shame Angelus had done such a number on the girl. It was obvious that she had and would continue to have serious issues and probably even flashbacks before she was healed. Obviously she was traumatized over sending him to Hell. Spike himself couldn’t even begin to imagine the trauma that waking up to find Angelus in the place of your pathetic lover would do to a girl’s mind. For some reason, these thoughts bothered Spike. He looked at the little bint in front of him and she appeared so young and vulnerable. She was causing feelings in him that he knew he shouldn’t feel. Things like pity, the desire to protect, and comfort had no place in a master vampire’s life.

Angelus never had them. He was spiteful, witty at times, but more known for his lack of pity. He could torture a baby and still laugh about it afterwards. Hell, he had taken families, raped them all, then killed off the babies first, then to make the parents watch before killing them anyway. Dru was his best creation after all and look what a loony she was, ‘I should know. I took care of her for 120 years. Did Angel? No of course not. The job was left to me. I didn’t mind so much but she never loved me.’ He frowned at that thought then realized Buffy was looking at him with eyes so hurt that she apparently thought he was frowning at her. Without giving any thought, he placed a kiss on her lips to calm her down. He reached over and took the sponge and soap that she had taken out of her bag and chuckled at it. Buffy frowned, “Are you making fun of my sponge?”

Spike shook his head and then couldn’t keep a straight face and laughed, “I just am not used to girly shower things. Vampires usually don’t take showers and even then it’s more rinsing. Don’t make a face, we don’t sweat, don’t do all those other humanly bathroom things either. The most we have to clean off usually is blood or sex stuff. And like I said it’s a quick shower.”

By this point Buffy was grinning, “So this is like your first real humanly shower that you shared with someone even though you are a vampire?”

Spike put a finger up against her lips and whispered, “Don’t tell anyone that I’m going to smell like vanilla because I’m using your scented shower stuff, okay?”

Buffy grinned, “No issues with that since we are stuck with each other all alone.”

Spike didn’t answer that and instead busied himself with pouring the soap onto the sponge. Using his hand to lather it up, he began to gently rub her neck with it enjoying the feel of her skin under his hand and the way the sponge guided over her skin. Her skin was so soft and smooth. He couldn’t resist placing a kiss on her neck where he had bitten her the morning before and watched as Buffy moaned. He moved the sponge down and rubbed her shoulders with it making sure they were clean and whispered in her ear, “Buffy, love, turn around.”

Buffy obeyed and closed her eyes as Spike moved the sponge across her back gently reaching the edges of her breasts. Then he knelt down and rubbed the sponge over her backside watching as the globes of her ass were covered with soap. He was tempted to place gentle kisses on her ass but he was a master vampire and all. There would be no ass kissing for this master vampire.

He sighed and moved his hands down to rub them down her legs watching as she slightly moved them apart to allow better access. He whispered as he reached her ankles, “Turn around, pet.”

His voice was husky and when she turned around, he almost moaned in delight. Her nipples were already pointed and he could smell her arousal. He continued to rub the sponge up her legs careful to ignore her center as he rubbed her stomach dipping close but not close enough. He raised the sponge to rub around her breasts and then smirked as she arched her back to force him to touch her breasts. He ignored her and rubbed her arms carefully with the sponge as she moaned, “Spike please…”

Spike smirked and said, “Please what, love? What is it that you need from me?”

Buffy moaned, “Please you know what I need...”

Spike smirked, “I won’t do anything unless you tell me what you need.”

With that statement said, he moved back and refused to touch her anymore. Buffy whined, “But I need you to touch me.”

Spike whispered into her ear before sucking gently on her lobe, “Where, Buffy?”

Buffy moaned and whispered softly, “On my breasts. Please they hurt.”

He moved his free hand up and gently massaged her breasts and brought up the other with the sponge and gently moved it over her breasts paying close attention to her nipples. She felt her legs buckle and Spike lifted her up making her legs wrap tightly around his waist. He whispered, “What else do you want, pet?”

She whispered, “I want you to touch me.”

“Where, Buffy? You must tell me where.”

Buffy moaned when she felt his mouth suck on her ear lobe again. It was obvious to him that she was unable to respond at that moment, so instead she guided her hand down, showing him, rather than speaking the words, “God, Spike, please do something!”

Spike smirked at her reaction but obliged and he gently laid her down into the tub and watched as she spread her legs not even caring that he was looking into her and he moved his fingers to rub her clit and her eyes closed and she pulled him closer for a kiss. He then dipped one finger then a second into her to begin to pump in and out. Buffy moaned out his name and tried to pull him even closer to her. He kissed her neck as she moaned, “More, Spike, more.”

Spike whispered against her neck, “What do you want, kitten?”

She whispered, “Make me cum. Bite me, do whatever it is you have to do. Just let me cum!”

Spike smirked and licked her pressure point knowing he could easily bite her and not take any more blood from her system. It would probably be enough to get her off but he was evil and really wanted her blood. So without giving a thought to anything other than her blood, he moved one hand up to cup her breast and tease it while the other continued to pump in and out of her and he moved his thumb to rub against her clit and felt her so close as he gently bite into her neck making her soar off into an intense orgasm. He pulled a few sips of blood savoring her flavor then gently pulled his teeth from her neck and licked every last drop from her neck moaning in delight at how strong and healthy he felt with her blood coursing through his veins. For a few minutes after the slayer blood, it makes him feel almost alive. He enjoyed that feeling so much. He carefully withdrew his fingers and kneaded her breast for a few more moments enjoy the soft feeling of them and then gave her a gentle kiss and helped her to stand. He then cleaned her breasts and down there gently knowing she was probably sore after such a work out but wanted to make sure she was clean.

She then leaned into his ear and whispered, “Your turn.”