Author's Chapter Notes:
Betaed by Brittany. Yay

Chapter 19: Time



Spike woke up and realized it was much later than he thought. It was probably closer to 10. He figured they slept in due to their midday battle yesterday that took away some of their sleep.

He watched Buffy sleep. She looked so perfect when she wasn’t tossing and turning. He sighed knowing if he was going to leave, this was the time but he found he no longer had the desire to leave anymore. He was needed here. This was something that he knew. Dru had needed him for years too. She didn’t want him but needed him and being needed was something he could do okay with.

Buffy snuggled closer but still slept on. He brushed a golden lock from her face and smiled noticing the roots were brown and now her hair looked more tipped in blonde rather than truly blonde.

He sighed still not knowing what time would bring for the Slayer and himself. He’d like to think happiness but the relationship was hardly going to bring either of them joy. But perhaps they could heal each other in time. Spike felt her stirring and whispered, “Morning Slayer.”

She smiled whispering in return, “Morning Vampire.”

He rubbed his fingertips over her slightly cut lip and placed a gentle kiss there. Buffy gasped at the sweet sensation of such a gesture and was very moved by it. He stared into her eyes for a moment then felt her arms go around his neck as she pulled herself to him for a deeper kiss. He returned her kiss feeling his erection respond against her leg but Buffy still pulled him closer deepening the kiss even more.

Spike reached down her back to gently pulled her shirt up to rub over her back gently teasing her breasts. She gasped and pulled back a little giving him full access to her breasts as she continued to kiss him. He teased her breasts and she moaned at his touch and then moved back from his touch as he felt her shirt trying to be lifted off.

He sighed realizing she was pulling away to stop it and he immediately dropped his arms by his side. She sighed as well, “I’m sorry, Spike. I’m just not ready.”

Spike nodded not saying another word but got up to pull his pants on. She didn’t look and turned around and grabbed her bag to head into the shower. Spike kicked the edge of the bed in frustration. He needed violence or to get laid. He needed something badly. He just wasn’t used to a life without such things. Buffy wasn’t giving him either because he would feel bad for hurting her and shagging wasn’t an option unless he would decide to break his word for once. But without his honor, he was no one.

He kicked the bed again for good measure then heard the bathroom door open signaling he could take a shower as well. He saw her walk into the bedroom with only a towel and he nodded to her and took his bag heading into the bathroom to shower himself. He sighed not sure how much longer he could hold up in this place with her walking around when he knew what was under things such as towels but he decided to wank off then lathered up for a quick shower.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy admired his handsome chest as he pulled the shirt over his head. She began to wonder if she really was ready. Angel was haunting her dreams but that could go on for forever. She really liked Spike, and she was thinking it really was love she was feeling. Not pathetic puppy dog love like what she felt for Angel. She didn’t want to die for him and wouldn’t die without him right now but she would and could see herself staying with him for a long time.

It was a bonus that he had no soul to lose. Another bonus was he seemed to care about her and that wouldn’t change after a night of passion. He wouldn’t change and kill her friends although he might do it now but it still wasn’t changing. He wasn’t going to draw her in some strange obsessed fashion while she slept. Those were all good things.

She looked at herself in the mirror. She looked okay. She needed to re-dye her hair but perhaps tomorrow she will offer to do his and he could help with hers. That would be a great together activity that was fairly safe.

She sighed feeling so restless. At least at the other house she was constantly fighting and working off energy. She turned to Spike and spoke with a sigh, “I’m restless.”

Spike grinned thinking he was feeling the same way and offered, “What would you say to a nice dinner out, and then some violence.”

She looked curiously at him, “Violence? Like Slayage?”

Spike smirked and nodded. She looked surprised at him, “You want to slay demons?”

Spike shrugged, “Well they aren’t my vampires here and I can hardly let you go alone with your stupid death wish that you have over your head. Besides you heard Ted, there are hunters out there. More importantly though, I’m dying for a good ole fashion batch of bloody violence.”

Buffy smiled and nodded, “Sounds good. Where to then?”

Spike responded, “We can take the car around and find a nice restaurant still serving this late. Hopefully there’s one in town.”


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



They were in luck actually. It was a demon restaurant but it served human food as well. Buffy’s tingles were going off all over the place and for once it wasn’t just Spike’s signature. The restaurant was full of vampires and other demons.

Buffy ordered chicken cordon blue and Spike ordered a rare steak and a bottle of red wine. Buffy had never drank before so she shrugged saying she’d try it. Spike noticed her uneasiness and whispered gently trying to calm her nerves, “No worries, pet. This place is a demon restaurant that serves actual blood not humans. People are here just to eat and enjoy a partner’s company not to cause you any trouble.”

Buffy nodded and closed her eyes trying to calm her slayer senses. Spike reached across the table and took her hands in his to try to calm her down. She felt a strange sense of calm come over her and the tingles weren’t so bad. She smiled grateful at him and asked him, “So you really don’t mind killing your own kind?”

Spike shrugged, “I’m a vampire. I just like a good spot of violence. It’s different when you need the minions but like I said, these aren’t mine and secondly, I have no use for minions right now. I’d just love a good fight to get the blood going and get feeling like a vampire again. No violence is making me edgy hence why we fought last night.”

Buffy nodded and replied, “I feel the same way too. Well not less of a vampire but I get all this energy inside that I need to get out somehow and besides slaying vampires makes me feel good because I’m saving the world one vampire at a time.”

Spike smiled at that statement and their food was brought along with the wine. Spike smelled the wine and nodded as the waiter carefully poured a glass for each of them. Buffy questioned, “How do you know about wine?”

Spike replied, “Been around 120 years and you learn a lot, pet. Also I was a gentleman. We learned things like that.”

Buffy turned the bottle and read, “Pratt Winery.”

Spike watched her and decided it was time to let her know about him a tad. “You once asked about me before I was turned,” Spike picked up the bottle and handed it to Buffy studying her reaction carefully, “This is the factories I own. I own wineries, in Europe and they manufacture wine such as this one.”

Buffy’s eyes got wide as she looked at Spike in a new light. Spike couldn’t help but smile at her reaction. Dru and Angelus never cared about his past but Buffy seemed interested so he continued, “My name was William Pratt. I was 27 years old when I was turned. There was a party I was invited to. I was mostly invited because of my status but I was invited nonetheless. I wrote poetry back then. Apparently it was bad poetry but my mum always seemed to like it. Well that night, I decided to take a chance because my mum had said it was a good idea, so I read my poetry to Cecily. I thought I loved her back then. Every piece of poetry before that point was about her and how much I thought of her and what she looked like. Yeah, I was a real bleeding ponce when I was turned. But that night after someone snatched the poetry written for her, from my hand and read it aloud, she made fun of me. I ran out of the party upset. Drusilla offered me a way out. The pain was so bad, I accepted. I was introduced to Angelus after I had staked my mum. My life changed. Angelus tried to teach me how to be a good vampire but I was a disappointment. I guess I had too much emotion or humanity. Doesn’t matter now though. I realized now I’ll never be a good vampire and I’ve just have to learn to accept it.”

Buffy didn’t say anything and instead took one of his hands in hers and squeezed it as he finally looked down at this food and began to eat a few bites. Buffy’s plate was mostly finished as she had been eating off and on while he was talking.

She whispered softly, “While you finish eating, want to hear a bit about me life?”

Spike nodded feeling curious about this slayer he was feeling so much for, “Sure pet.”

Buffy took a deep breath and started her story, “I was born in L.A. I wasn’t born a slayer as you know. In fact when I was little, I was a normal little girl. My mom was Joyce and my dad was Hank. They seemed happy enough and we were mostly a happy family. They fought sometimes but not much. I was an okay student but nothing fancy. I’m not sure looking back if it was because I didn’t apply myself or because I was just preoccupied. Life was good until I got called to be a slayer. My watcher was Merrik. I was a cheerleader, and fairly popular. I had a good life but slaying changed all that. Suddenly at the age of 15, I was in charge of slaying vampires. I had to spend my nights patrolling and my after school time training. I had no time to spend with my friends or with cheerleading practice. I became more and more alienated. I met up with a guy named Pike since my other friends wouldn’t talk to me. He was a good friend but then Hell broke loose. There was a demon, Lothos.”

Spike met her eyes and whispered, “I met Lothos once. I heard a slayer did him in but had no idea it was you.”

Buffy nodded but continued, “My watcher Merrik sacrificed himself to protect me from Lothos. I eventually defeated Lothos but had to burn down a gym, which got me expelled. Since I couldn’t return to school, I ran away with Pike.”

Spike eyed her, “You make a habit of running away don’t you?”

Buffy glared at him not saying a word. After a short pause she continued, “We were looking for vampires but eventually we had to come home. I was only 15. My parents had heard about me burning down the school and I tried to tell my parents I was a vampire slayer but they didn’t believe me. They locked me up in a mental institution for a few weeks. Didn’t even check up on me until I was released. It was a horrible experience but we don’t talk about it anymore. My parents fought and fought over what to do with me, finally they divorced which caused me and my mother to move to Sunnydale.”

Spike finished the last bite of his food and asked, “Want some dessert, pet? We can keep talking.”

Buffy nodded and asked hopefully, “Chocolate?”

Spike laughed with a slight nod, “Okay, chocolate is it.” The waiter came over and took the plates away after Spike had asked for Chocolate ice cream for Buffy.

Buffy settled back into her seat and stated calmly, “I died once.”

Spike raised his eyebrow at her, “If you died pet, you would have been a vampire to be around still.”

Buffy shook her head proudly, “Nope, Xander did CPR on me. That’s why Kendra was called. You know, the slayer Drusilla killed.”

He nodded not saying anything about that topic, then finally said only a minute before her ice cream arrived, “Well I think you might outlive the other slayers. You got friends watching your back and now me. That’s enough to keep any slayer alive.”

Buffy actually giggled, “Well considering I got the vampire who killed the most slayers sitting at a restaurant table with me feeding me ice cream, that lowers my death rate a bit.”

Spike chuckled shaking his head and reached over snagging a bite of her ice cream. She finished her ice cream and got up, “Yay violence time!”

Spike laughed and paid cash and took her out to find a cemetery to get some violence in himself.