Author's Chapter Notes:
Brittany is back in action!! She betaed this chapter! Yay!

Chapter 21: Never Bite Off More Than You Can Chew



She was exhausted and closed her eyes as Spike unvamped and shot out of bed in an angry fashion yelling, “Damn it, Damn it, Bloody Hell, Oh God, Bloody Hell. What have we done? What I have done? Oh God this is so not good. Bloody Hell my life just keeps getting worse and worse. We will probably be killed for this.” Then he paused in a frantic voice, “There’s hope. It’s only a way sided claim. I just won’t renew it and therefore you won’t be claimed to me. We just can pretend it didn’t happen. That’s the best plan.”

Then he turned to Buffy in an angry voice and roared at her, “Why the Hell did you have to bite me Slayer? Do you have any idea what that does to a vampire? Bloody Hell now we are mated. Do you know what that means?”

Buffy shook her head frantically not having a clue what was going on, ‘Why was Spike so upset? What was going on? What did I do wrong? Was I really bad? Why won’t he look at me?’ Spike was tempted to slam his fist into the wall but he still hadn’t repaired the broken door to the bedroom or the holes in the wall he had put there the previous night. If he kept putting holes in the wall at this rate he would have to rebuild the whole fucking house. He sighed and continued to pace until he bumped into a naked Buffy.

She was standing in front of him with her arms crossed over her chest glaring at him. Spike looked at her roaring again at her, “Why the bloody Hell are you glaring at me? You’re the one who bit me.”

Buffy stated in a matter of a fact tone, “Well I wanted you to bite me but you refused.”

Spike was getting angrier, “Well when you bite a vamp, you can sure as Hell count on being bitten back.”

Buffy yelled back, “I wanted to get bitten. You did exactly what I wanted.”

Spike roared now very angry, “My demon bit you pet. Not me. Do you know what that means?”

Buffy shook her head not understanding any of this. One moment she was almost asleep in his arms and the next he’s standing in front of her. It was like Angelus all over again and with that thought she fell to the ground and started sobbing.

Spike looked at her sobbing form and melted. He scooped her up in his arms and took her shaking and sobbing form back to bed and hugged her tight against his chest until her sobbing stopped. He smothered her face with kisses trying to make her feel better. She looked up at him noticing he was being sweet to her again and looked into his eyes trying to figure out what had been wrong with him. After getting nowhere, she whispered, “What happened that was so wrong?”

Spike tensed back up being reminded of what had happened but said nothing. Buffy whispered, “Please tell me. You said your demon bit me. You were vamped out last time too. What is the difference?”

Spike sighed knowing he needed to tell her. This involved her as well. She had a right to know what had happened and the results but he was suddenly very tired. He hugged her tight and whispered, “Can we sleep first, pet? I’m exhausted, you’re exhausted. Please? I promise when we wake up, I’ll tell you, okay?”

Buffy nodded feeling very tired. He gave her a kiss whispering, “We were wonderful by the way. It was perfect. You were perfect besides the biting part but I’ll explain why in the morning. Just know you were perfect and I can honestly say, in all my 120 years, I’ve never had better. It was passionate, hot, sexy and everything it should be with no pain only pleasure. You, my love, were perfect.”

She whispered, “It was the same for me too. You're so perfect and pure. If I wasn’t so tired I’d ask you to do it again.”

He laughed, thankful she didn’t notice his slip but she had noticed it. She just had decided to file it away and smile about it, afraid that if she mentioned it, he would have taken it back. She sighed and snuggled up closely in his arms and closed her eyes, “Night night, William.”

Spike smiled at her using his name at the perfect time as he whispered back, “Night, Buffy.” Both were asleep within minutes.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Spike woke up first, which he was thankful for. It gave him time to think. He hugged Buffy tighter against his chest and placed a little kiss on her forehead then got up to go downstairs and smoke a cigarette while he did more thinking. He knew by now when she would wake up, she would go downstairs to find him. If all went well he could do his thinking and sneak back upstairs before she was even up. He just really needed this cigarette to think.

They had slept the day away after their busy night and it was now just about nightfall again. He sat on the front porch looking out at the almost dark sky blowing smoke rings. He thought about their perfect night together and what he had done. ‘I claimed a slayer. What are the odds in that? I don’t exactly know what it means but it’s bad I’m sure.’

In the watcher dairies it mentioned slayers being killed for such actions and he never wanted that for his Buffy. He could protect her but only if she would let him and once they got back to Sunnyhell, he wasn’t sure she would allow that. As his cigarette was almost done, he made a decision. He would talk to her as an adult. Tell her what he knew; let her say her piece before making a decision. He walked up the stairs carefully picking up Buffy who was still snuggled in the same place he left her and set her head to rest on his chest and her arm automatically wrapped around his waist pulling him closer to her as she whispered a soft, “Spike” before drifting back to sleep. He smiled brushing a lock from her face. He was so tempted to wake her up by making love to her again.

He leaned down and placed a kiss on her lips testing to see how she would respond and she responded well by moaning into his mouth and returning the kiss. He rubbed his hands down her arms and she wiggled at his touch. He moved his hands to her front, teasing and pulling on her nipples as she gasped and moaned finally opening up her eyes whispering a soft Spike into his mouth as she continued to kiss him.

She decided to be brave and move her hand down to try to grasp his erection and gasped at the size remembering he was right it did indeed fit in her and it had felt so wonderful. Spike moved one of his hands down to rub her clit feeling how wet she was already. He had no doubt she was already ready for him but he wanted to make sure she wasn’t too sore.

He gently pushed a finger into her and she flinched a little but got over it quickly arching her back and hips so he slid a second finger in. She didn’t even flinch at all this time and whispered, “Please I need you inside of me. Just like last night.”

He smiled and kissed her on the lips as he moved over her and positioned himself. He slid easily in this time, only having to thrust back and forth twice before sliding all the way in. Once he was in, she moaned in pleasure and thrusted her hips up against his to make him move. He obliged and he teased her nipples giving her kisses while she raked her fingers down his back and pushed his butt against her hips trying to make him enter her even deeper. He grinned and sat up in bed pulling her against him. At this new angle, she could feel him reaching even deeper into her and moaned, “Oh Spike, it’s so good.”

As she shuddered and moaned at every touch and thrust. She closed her eyes feeling close to getting off and he whispered, “Don’t close your eyes love, I want to see you when you cum for me.”

This time Spike had a little more stamina than she did and watched as she shuddered as he moved one hand down to rub her clit frantically. She immediately responded and came for Spike moaning out his name as he watched the play of emotions over her face and body. He continued to move and she began to move with him after a few minutes of catching her breath and she whispered, “I want you to cum with me and bite me again.”

Spike chuckled but sadly shook his head, “Buffy, I would but we need to talk before any biting takes place.” Buffy didn’t say anything and nodded feeling herself grow close again. He whispered in her ear, “If you cum for me, I’ll cum with you though.”

Buffy smiled at that and Spike nibbled on her earlobe, which earned him a slight squeal as she started to shudder warning him she was close. He again started to rub her clit and moved his face down to bite on her nipples staying away from her neck and she seemed to like this as well because next thing he knew she was orgasming and squeezing him so tight, it triggered his own orgasm. He roared out her name as she moaned out his and together they laid down onto the bed with him on his back and her on her side snuggled up enjoying their bodies shuddering in aftershocks.