Author's Chapter Notes:
Surprise visitor! Betaed by Brittany. Enjoy :)

Chapter 25: Unexpected Help



Patrol was great. This place was hopping with vampires. Apparently some local vampires really enjoyed making vampires rather than killing people. She and Spike had a race going to see who could dust the most vampires. He yelled out, “15, love. How about you?”

She laughed and said, “14, ooo make that 15. We are tied!!”

Spike laughed bragging, “Nope 16 by the tree.”

She pouted seeing no more around her.

Just then she said, “Oh, there goes one, I’ll be right back!”

Spike laughed watching as she ran after one just to keep up with his 16. They had found two nests and the adrenaline was high and they were in great spirits. He saw another two vampires and went to kill them thinking Buffy must have found more wherever she ran off too. He dusted those two and got tackled by large a demon covered in hard red scales. He paused and noticed it was not the ones they were supposed to let go so he threw a punch into its face grimacing as he felt the scales cut into his fist. He then used his feet to kick the demon to knock it down determined to use his boots to do the hard work rather than bust his body up anymore.

The demon roared and pushed him off him and he landed across the tomb and it crashed and immediately the demon was back on him. Spike kicked his legs up holding the demon still by the shoulders then let go as his feet crashed into the demon’s stomach sending him flying. Spike hopped up and jumped over to him and couldn’t resist punching him twice and howled and instead stood up and hopped on the demon’s stomach. He finally picked up a piece of the broken tombstone and knocked it over the demon’s head knocking him out. He took the tombstone piece again and swung it hard knocking the head off the demon and watching as both sank to the floor in a mess. He wiped his hands on the grass below him and kicked the demon for good measure.

It was then that he noticed Buffy had never come back. He closed his eyes trying to use the claim on her and roared realizing it wasn’t strong enough. He had only bitten her once and while she had responded correctly, it wasn’t strong enough. He roared out, “Buffy!” hoping by some miracle she answered. No such luck. He roared again and suddenly he felt a presence he recognized, “Dru” as he turned around to come face to face with his ex.

She was standing there in a red gown with ruffles around her shoulders and brand new heels on her feet. She whispered to Spike, “My dark prince needs me.”

Spike shook his head annoyed, “You’re off your rocker, pet. I don’t need you. I need my bloody slayer back. Where is she? Do you know/”

Dru answered in a sing-song voice, “The Slayer needs us. She is hurt and scared. I came to tell you she would be taken tonight.”

Spike looked around and roared, “Well you’re too bloody late aren’t you Dru? She’s already been taken! Do you know where?”

Dru swayed looking up at the stars and then suddenly stopped and spoke gently, “You need help. The warriors have her.”

Spike blinked, “Warriors? Where do the warriors have her pet?”

She danced around again whispered, “The sunshine is in trouble and the stars are telling me that we are needed. My dark prince is no longer mine. He’s lost and will not have tea with us anymore. My poor dark prince is alone.”

Spike sighed and started to walk away muttering, “I so don’t have time for this.”

Then he heard Dru respond softly, “She’s chained up with the warriors. They don’t know what to do with her. She’s scared and needs us.”

Spike turned around at the ‘us’ part and repeated, “Us?”

Drusilla nodded and repeated, “She needs us. She’s lost and confused.”

Spike sighed getting rather annoyed and scared because it appeared Drusilla knew something about his Buffy that he didn’t and she’s a loony and was often so cryptic it was hard to read her. He put his hands on her shoulders and repeated, “Where is the Slayer?”

Dru sang, “Tick Tock goes the clock. Sunshine’s time is running out.”

He looked up and noticed daylight was coming soon and he took a hold of Dru’s shoulders and geared her towards the direction of his and Buffy’s house. He heard a, “Unhand her.”

He turned around to see the demon that was with Dru, standing behind her in a fighting stance. Dru swayed as Spike let go of her and then she turned around to the demon and rubbed her fingernail down his face to whisper, “The Dark Prince needs our help, Todd. His sunshine was in trouble.”

Todd looked at Spike and shrugged, “She wouldn’t shut up about you and your sunshine so I brought her here. She promised it wouldn’t take too long and she still wanted me. She is persistent when something bothers her.”

Spike nodded understanding, “You’d bloody believe it. So how’s it working out with you two?”

Todd shrugged, “Just fine, I guess. So what is your sunshine?”

Spike laughed but then turned sober, “I think she must mean the Slayer. She was fighting with me and she isn’t here. I’m guessing something took her. She mentioned warriors so I’m thinking the same demon hunters we heard about from our friends. I need to talk to Ted and the sun is rising. I guess you can come back to the house tonight as long as you promise to not repeat where we are to anyone in Sunnyhell.”

Todd again shrugged and Spike was getting kind of annoyed by his carefree spirit but he could see why Drusilla would like him. She hated structure and he seemed strong enough and cared enough to deal with her issues. Spike turned stating praying he didn’t regret it, “Come on Dru and Todd.”

They followed as Spike led them home.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Spike sighed not liking this one little bit but said, “Come in, Dru.”

Dru danced over the barrier and came in grinning, “My dark prince’s home and his sunshine. It’s so pretty.”

She admired the flowers Spike had bought for Buffy and then looked at the towels. Spike took out some blood from the fridge and offered Dru some who frowned. Spike tried to explain, “It’s human, Dru. Just bagged up convenient like.”

Spike decided to heat her up some anyway and took out the second mug and filled it up to heat her a mug as well so that she didn’t get hungry and end up eating some human to result in Buffy taking her out. That’s the last thing Spike needed over his head. He didn’t like the idea of Dru being here but definitely didn’t like the idea of Dru snacking and then getting dusted either. She was only trying to help after all. He just hoped when this was over with; they would go back on with their life far away. The microwave dinged and Spike took the mug out and handed it to Dru. Dru took a whiff of it and vamped out drinking it down. He then heated one up for himself as he went over the phone and dialed Ted’s number.

Ted didn’t have much to say. He agreed Buffy was probably with the demon hunters. Said they shoot on sight and ask questions later. They never take hostages so the likelihood of a hostage situation wasn’t high but he said he knew something that might know their headquarters. Spike thanked him and said to call back with any leads. Spike then vamped out drinking his blood down and felt emptiness inside of him. He was scared for Buffy and for himself. He needed her. Dru rubbed her hands over his shoulders in a calming motion, “The stars say she’s alright for now. Just sleeping. The sunshine isn’t in the sunshine anymore. She’s safe in metal.”

Spike sighed not understanding some of what Dru said but guessing she was comforting him with pleasant news so he sat down on the couch to wait for the bloody phone.