Author's Chapter Notes:
Betas: Mabel Marsters and Tanit
Buffy was all smiles for the cameras as she exited the limo and headed to the mansion, but she was exhausted. The other girls were obviously feeling much like she was, though some were drunker than others. They all staggered out of the limo behind her.

Earlier that night, Angel had picked the six women up and had taken them straight to a popular bar and grill well known for being a celebrity hang out. Because the owner had closed the place to the general public, they’d had it all to themselves. After perfect steak dinners, they moved their little party to the dance floor in the bar. Angel had danced with them all, but Cordelia showed off her moves and stole the show.

Later, he took each one of them separately to a small room off the bar. Buffy had enjoyed that little bit of time with him. She was amazed at how comfortable she felt with Angel when they were alone. When he leaned in for a kiss, she let him embrace her. She couldn’t believe that she was kissing the guy that she’d watched on TV and drooled over for so many weeks. The kiss was gentle and slow but was starting to heat up when Cordelia interrupted them. Buffy wanted to wring the girl’s neck, but she smiled and graciously walked back to the dance floor.

Now, her feet hurt and she just wanted to go to sleep. She slipped her heels off and ignored the calls from the girls in the house wanting to talk about the date. Buffy took the steps two at a time and flung the door open. Fred was right behind her and shut the door with a bang.

“I don’t think I’ve ever danced so much in my life,” Fred said wearily. “And all so that Cordelia could get the rose.”

Buffy was about to make a comment but she noticed Faith looking out the window. Then she noticed the fist sized hole in the wall next to the window. Buffy exchanged worried looks with Fred and cautiously stood next to Faith.

“Faith? What happened?”

Faith wouldn’t look at them, but she said, “I got the last one-on-one date invitation for tomorrow night.”

Now Buffy was even more confused. “If you don’t want to go on it, just tell one of the producers. I’m sure they’ll find a good excuse for you to go home early. Or you could go on the date and ask Angel not to give you the rose.”

Faith shook her head and sat down on the bed. Fred and Buffy sat down with her.

“Do you want to know how I ended up here?” Faith asked them. They both nodded so she said, “On a dare. My friend is always getting on me because I don’t do relationships. She made me watch the show last season and I hated it. Every episode, I complained about the process and the whole stupid premise.”

“But you couldn’t turn down the dare?” Fred asked.

Faith chuckled lightly. “Hell, no. I don’t back down from anything. But I didn’t expect to actually get on the show.”

Buffy put her hand over Faith’s. “You’re attractive and have a lot to offer. Of course you got on the show.”

Faith shrugged. “I decided to do it for the hell of it. I figured I wouldn’t last too long, I’d have a few laughs and then I’d go home.”

“But…” Fred encouraged Faith to go on when she stopped talking.

“But after getting to know Angel, I find that I really like him.” Faith leaned back against the headboard. “Angel’s the type of guy I would never try to date, because he’s all about the commitment. It scares the hell out of me. But I can actually see myself with this guy.”

“So why the long face about the one-on-one date?” Buffy asked.

“I hate that I care about it, you know. The invitation says I should dress formal because he’s going to be in a tuxedo.” Faith suddenly jumped up and threw open the sliding closet doors. “I didn’t bring one damn formal dress. Just my jeans and a few pairs of slacks. What the hell am I going to wear?”

That was an easy fix. Buffy stood up and went through her collection of dresses. “I’m sure we can find something in here that will work for you.” She pulled out a cheerful yellow dress with spaghetti straps. “What about this one?”

Faith took the dress from her, looked at the tag, and then shook her head. “I love the design, but yellow is not my color. And, there’s no way I could squeeze into this thing. It’s two sizes too small.”

“I’d offer you one of my dresses, but I’m even smaller than Buffy,” Fred said.

The wheels were turning in Buffy’s head as she stared at the dress. “Bloomingdale’s has this dress in a great shade of red.”

“I’m smokin’ hot in red,” Faith said with a grin. “Too bad we can’t leave to go shopping.”

It hit Buffy then. She grabbed her purse and rummaged until she found a pad and a pen. Then she hurriedly scribbled down some instructions as Fred and Faith asked her what she was doing.

Buffy smiled smugly. “I’m going to get you that dress in red and in your size and it will be here tomorrow in plenty of time for your date with Angel.”

Not waiting to hear what they’d say about that, Buffy raced down the stairs and then went searching for Spike. She found him in the kitchen, filming Darla and Kate having a heated conversation. He was also reaching for the bowl of popcorn with his free hand, as he balanced the camera on one shoulder. Once he glanced her way, she jerked her head towards the door and gave him a quick wave and then she left the kitchen, hoping he’d get her hint about following her.

She cautiously made her way to the front door and opened it, motioning for him to turn his camera off before she went outside. It was important that no one saw her doing this. She didn’t want to be seen alone with Spike and she didn’t want to get caught breaking her contract by contacting the outside world. Spike watched her search for a good place to talk.

Buffy grabbed his hand and pulled him to the right where there was a bench surrounded by a few trees and bushes. He gently laid the camera down and then sat next to her.

“I need your help with something.”

With a tilt of his head and one corner of his lips up, Spike slid closer to Buffy so that their thighs touched.

“I thought maybe you brought me out here to find out how a real man kissed.”

Looking into his eyes, she lost the ability to speak. How did he know that she had kissed Angel? And why was she feeling guilty about it? Then she remembered the cameras. She could only guess that the camera crew gossiped as much as the bachelorettes did.

“Here,” she said, shoving her folded note into his hand. “Can you call this number and follow these directions for me?”

It took a few seconds to stop gazing at her. He read the note and practically growled. “You want me to help you smuggle in a dress so you can impress Angel?”

“No! It’s not for me. It’s for one of the other girls. Willow is a good friend of mine and she works at Bloomingdale’s with me. I know she can get the dress.” She put her hand on his thigh. “Please, will you do it? For me?”

Buffy held her breath while he just stared at her. Then he said, “How can I say no to you?”

With a high-pitched squeal, she threw her arms around him. She was so happy that she could help Faith that she let him hug her back and hold on to her. She rested her chin on his shoulder and inhaled his wonderfully masculine scent. The elation over getting what she wanted died down and quickly turned into pure lust. As he held her tighter and kissed her neck, she closed her eyes, accepting the shivers of pleasure that washed over her.

Buffy sat back and put her hands in her lap. She couldn’t bring herself to look him in the eyes, so she watched his chest rise and fall.

“When I heard that you’d let that pillock kiss you…”

When Spike paused to clear his throat, she got the courage to gaze in to his eyes. She could see the hurt there.

“I don’t-”

“I know,” he said quickly. “I have no right to feel the way I do. I just know that I’ve never been this attracted to another woman in my life. If things were different, I’d ask you out and I’d do everything in my power to get you to see that I’m a much better catch than that bloody Angel.”

While he talked, Buffy watched the play of emotions on his face. That he felt so strongly about her put knots of pleasure in her stomach. She wanted to kiss him, and thinking about how she had regretted not kissing him that time in the kitchen, she made a snap decision, leaned forward and pressed her lips against his.

Instantly, he took over, gathering her into his arms and aggressively kissing her back. His tongue ran across her lips; she opened her mouth, letting him in and moaned at the sensation of their dancing tongues.

Buffy didn’t protest when he lifted her into his lap. The combination of their kisses and the feel of his arousal pressing at his jeans against her inner thigh overwhelmed her. Her heated body wanted more. She squirmed in his lap, her inner muscles tightening with her slick arousal.

She hadn’t been with a man in a long time. Not since her break up a year ago from her last boyfriend, Riley. All thoughts of other men fled from her mind as Spike’s hands found their way under her shirt. Buffy was certain that she was going to come, right then and there, when he roughly tugged her bra to the side and cupped one of her breasts.

A car alarm went off in the distance and jarred Buffy out of the trance Spike had her in. She jumped off him and adjusted her top while he sat on the bench, gazing at her with half-closed eyes. He looked incredibly sexy and a picture flashed in her mind of what he would look like in bed after they’d made passionate love to each other.

“Oh, God, I have to go. Sorry.”

Spike watched her run off and then stayed where he was for a few minutes, willing his heart to beat slower and his manhood to go back down.

Grinning, he said, “Now that was a kiss!”

He stood up, took his cell phone out and dialed John’s number. He asked the other cameraman to cover his area in the house for him and then grabbed his camera, heading for his trailer. It was empty with Carlos and John both in the mansion on the job. He set his cell phone down and placed Buffy’s note next to it.

After a long hot shower and a good wank, Spike got dressed and picked up his phone. He dialed the number on the note and waited.

“Hello,” a cheerful person said.

“Hello. Can I speak to Willow, please?”

“This is Willow.”

“My name is Spike. I work on the set of The Bachelor.

“Is Buffy all right?” Willow asked in alarm.

“She’s fine. I’m sure you know that Buffy isn’t allowed to make any phone calls. She asked me to call you for her. She needs you to bring her a dress from the store.”

“Wow! Is she getting anywhere with Angel?”

Spike frowned but tried to stay pleasant. “Can’t say. But she needs a Maxim Hart dress. The spaghetti strap one in red and a size ten.”

He could not believe that he was ordering a frilly dress from a stranger. He’d always known he was love’s bitch, but this was taking it too far.

“Ten? That’s not her size.”

“She said it was for someone else. Can you get it for her?”

“Of course. How do I get it to her?”

“I could meet you tomorrow at noon at the Halstead exit off the ten freeway. There’s an Arco gas station on the corner.”

“Okay. Let me write this down. What do you look like and what kind of car will you be driving?”

“I have bleached blond hair and I’ll be wearing black. I’ll be in a black DeSoto. Can’t miss me.”

They exchanged cell phone numbers and then they hung up. Spike smirked at his reflection in the mirror, as he got ready to go back to the mansion.

“You’ve got it bad, mate. This is worse than how you acted with Drusilla.”


Chapter End Notes:
Due to RL issues, the next chapter may be delayed by a few days. Think good thoughts about me, please. :)