Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok to all who may freak out by the last line of this chapter. I am in know way a bible thumper. The name just seemed suitable for what this world is to represent, untouched by true evil.

Special thanks to Megan for her beta job and Xaphania for her awesome banner! And thanks to all who reviewed you guys are awesome!
Chapter 9

Jacob Black didn’t know what to make of the creature and human girl that he and the other Quileute’s had been watching from the cover of the forest. But when the couple almost started having sex right in front of them, he figured it was about time to make himself and the others known.

Jacob where are you going? Sam demanded.

To go change and get to the bottom of this, as if Sam didn’t already know. Sometimes being able to read everyone’s thoughts in the pack was more of a burden than a blessing.

I don’t know if this is a good idea Jacob. We don’t even know what that thing is.

Does it matter? If we don’t do something, I don’t think there gonna stop.

When a hissed, “God, I’ve missed this,” was heard and then Paul’s ineloquent, holy shit he’s got his hand up her shirt, Sam quickly agreed with Jacob.

Go Jacob, hurry! Sam shouted in his head.

Jacob ran into the bushes emerging seconds later in human form and in the jeans he always kept tied to his ankle. Jacob stopped short at the sight that greeted him. The forest around them was filling up with a green and gold shimmering light, that the couple currently dry-humping against a tree, seemed to be oblivious to. Inside the light was what appeared to be the silhouettes of two figures. As they emerged Jacob could see that one of them was a thin man with dark hair and glasses, the other figure was a bit more shocking to Jacob.

The first thing Jacob noticed was that the second figure was carrying one of the wickedest looking weapons he had ever seen. The man was short with red hair and there was something about him that seemed to draw Jacob in. When Jacob realized what it was he just about fell over. The short man was a wolf, not of the same breed as Jacob for sure, but definitely a wolf.


**********************************************************


Bella felt Edward halt suddenly and she opened her eyes to see why they had stopped as Edward placed her back on her feet, “Edward what’s wrong?”

“I can’t go any further than this. We are at the treaty line.” Edward sighed; Buffy and Spike were just beyond the bushes ahead of him but if he crossed he could start a war, and that was a chance he wasn’t willing to take.

“I could go, how far ahead are they?” Bella asked

“No,” Edward growled. “I’m not risking it, not with everything that is going on.”

Bella huffed in frustration and stomped her foot in a very childish way, “I can do this Edward, I know I can.”

“That’s not the point, Bella. I can’t protect you if you cross that line,” he pointed, “I can’t even cross it if something happens to you, I could risk starting a war.” Edward pleaded, hoping Bella would understand.

If it wasn’t for the look in Edward’s eyes the next thing she said might of come out much harsher than it did, “Edward, you can’t protect me forever, you said it yourself this morning. If protecting me is becoming difficult now, imagine what it will be like when I’m like Buffy, when I’m this Slayer thing.” She paused, “I won’t be very good if you keep trying to fight my battles for me.” Bella raised her hand, placing it on his cheek, “I can do this. I need to do this.”

Edward closed his eyes and clenched his fist, she was right, God he knew she was right. “Alright,” he sighed, “alright Bella, there just beyond those bushes,” he pointed. “When I tell you, you run and don’t stop until…” Edward’s eyes suddenly widened comically, “Good Lord!”

“What is it?”

Edward was not prepared for the images that bombarded his mind nor was he prepared for his reaction. With every pornographic image that Spike had of Buffy, as Spike listed in his head everything he was going to do to her. Edward saw those thoughts, immediately followed by one of himself and Bella in the same position. Edward started panting as venom filled his mouth and burned his throat.

Bella’s eyes widened as she watched Edward’s eyes change from their usual gold to onyx. “Edward?”

Edward didn’t understand why he was reacting this way. It wasn’t as if he didn’t see these types of thoughts on a daily basis. When Spikes inner beast howled Mine, and one of the most erotic pictures Edward had ever seen flashed behind his eyes, he just about lost it. His jaw clenched and his hands balled into fists as he tried to reign in the intensity of his very sinful thoughts.

Thankfully the next second everything stopped. Edward blew out a breath of relief as he returned to himself, and with his relief came clarity, it was as if the clouds of his mind parted and for the first time since meeting Bella he saw her with new eyes.

The first time he had smelled Bella his beast had reacted in a similar fashion. He just hadn’t, at the time, realized that the reaction had nothing to do with hunger. Well, at least not the hunger he was accustomed to. He had never thought that the beast, no not beast, demon, could feel anything other than ravenous bloodlust. God, had he been wrong?

He understood now. He had never been in love before because he had never experienced powerful lust filled feelings. He'd never wanted anyone before as much as he did with Bella. Though, he had never experienced sex, he could not have perceived what he had felt for Bella as anything other than his appetite.

It all made perfect sense. The only time he ever felt himself losing control anymore was when he and Bella were kissing, not counting what had just happened, but that seemed to make sense as well. Spike, very much like himself, was a creature on the brink of losing control. The demon inside of Edward recognized this, and had taken the opportunity to show Edward exactly what it needed, and it needed Bella Swan.

At first Bella had been worried by Edwards sudden change in demeanor, he had looked like a man about to lose his mind, and when in the next second he seemed to come back to himself and started to grin, she really thought he had. “Edward what’s wrong?”

He began to laugh as he swept her into his arms and started to twirl her around. “Absolutely nothing,” he said, peppering her face with kisses. He was so grateful for having this understanding and knowing that he needn’t worry about ever hurting Bella because the creature within loved her just as much as he did. “I love you.”

Bella couldn’t help it, she started giggling. She had never seen him act so care free before. “Edward, what has gotten into you?”

“Only you, my love,” and then he gave her one of the most passionate kisses she had ever received. Her blood began to boil from the intensity and her head was swimming, too soon he pulled away with a smirk, “Now I believe there was something you said you needed to do.”

She looked at him in a daze, “huh?”

He chuckled a bit, “Buffy and Spike, remember?”

That seemed to do the trick, Bella shook her head. “Of course, I remember.” She turned and looked in the direction that Edward had been pointing to earlier. “You said you wanted me to run through those bushes.”

He nodded, “Yes, and don’t stop until you reach them.” He smiled seeing that the new people who had arrived were well known by Buffy and Spike. “It appears they have some company to help them with the recent development. Now go.”

As she started to run in the direction she needed to, she was suddenly stopped by Edwards’s voice, “Oh and Bella, please do try to be careful.”

She scowled at him and rolled her eyes, as he started laughing. She was gone the next second leaving a very amused Edward at the treaty line.


***********************************************************


“Oh my god… Oz!” She was blushing scarlet, but she didn’t care. “Is it really you?” She didn’t wait for a response. Oz was crushed in a back breaking hug the next instance, making him drop her scythe and the books he had been carrying.

“Buffy… breathing…air.” He croaked as he felt all the air being squeezed out of his body.

“Oh God sorry,” She said releasing him immediately. Oz being the man of few words that he was just grinned and shrugged.

Spike was still glaring at Wesley, “I suppose the Powers have a good reason for interruptin’ what would have been an earth movin’ shag.”
“Spike!” Buffy screeched as her blush spread from head to toe and her eyes widened.

Spike just smirked as Wesley cleared his throat. “Well, considering there is about four rather large wolves in the bushes behind me, that were about to interrupt you anyway, I think that’s reason enough.

Buffy and Spike gawked in surprised disbelief as a huge man and three very large wolves emerged from the bushes. “What the bloody hell are those?” Spike demanded as Buffy just stood next to Oz in shock.

She shook her head blinking a few times before turning to Oz, “Is this why the Powers brought you here?”

Oz just shrugged, “Part of it, I guess.”

“Ah, you must be Jacob Black,” Wesley said in greeting. “My name is Wesley Wyndham-Price and my associates here are…”

Wesley was cut short by an out of breath Bella who came tumbling through the bushes, “Jacob, don’t hurt them, they’re not dangerous.”

Spike scoffed at that, “The hell I’m not!”

When the three wolves growled Buffy and Wesley rolled their eyes, “Honey, not helping.”

Oz snickered appreciatively as Jacob turned wide accusing eyes on Bella, “Bella, what in the fucking hell is going on?”

“Alice…” Bella panted, “Had a vision. They’re from another world. They’re here to protect me.”

“Another… what, you mean like aliens?” Jacob asked

Spike barked a laugh and Buffy giggled. Wesley tried to hide his grin behind his hand and Oz did an excellent job of pretending to pick up the books that he had dropped while suppressing his mirth. Jacob turned and scowled at them and if the other wolves hadn’t sounded suspiciously like they were laughing too, Wes would have been nervous they offended him.

“So because the stupid bloodsucker has a vision, you automatically jump and believe whatever she says. Oh wait, I forgot, of course you do.” Jacob sneered stepping out of Bella’s reach.

“Jacob, I’m sorry I hurt you, but Edward was going to kill himself. I had to stop him,” Bella pleaded.

Wesley cleared his throat drawing the attention back on the matter at hand, “As I have said before, I don’t have much time and would like to get as much on the table as possible.” When Wesley saw he had everyone’s attention he continued, “Now if we could possibly move this gathering so as I might only explain once. I believe that Edward is standing right outside the treaty line and this affects him as much as it does all of you.”

The wolves seemed to agree because they soon began to move their way through the bushes that Bella had stumbled through, everyone followed suit thereafter. The wolves aligned themselves on their side of the line and Bella quickly ran to Edward on the other side Spike and Buffy followed, but stopped short at the sight that greeted them. Edward was sitting in a patch of sunlight and his skin was sparkling like diamonds.

Spike chuckled a bit and muttered, “Knew he was a fairy,” as Buffy blinked a few times and shook her head. Jacob threw Spike an amused look as the other wolves made that suspicious laughing noise again. Oz on the other hand quietly took a seat next to Jacob and handed Buffy her scythe. “Here, this is heavy.”

“Thanks,” Buffy smiled and took a seat next to Bella where Spike joined her and pulled her into his lap.

“Well,” Wesley started, “I should probably explain where we are. This is one of the most highly kept secrets the Powers have. This is where humanity originated. This place, this world has no true evil, except that which lives in the hearts of man.” Wesley smiled musing a bit, “I only ever thought it was a myth. We are in Eden.”







Chapter End Notes:
Please, Oh Please review! I'll give you a cookie!