Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is a little shorter. They probably won't all be this way, but I like to break things up where it makes sense to do so. Especially if it leaves you wanting more. *wink wink* Thank you for the reviews so far. Keep telling me what you think.
When Buffy hit the street she looked around frantically to see if she could see where he went. She thought she had seen him go right when he left the building so she thought that would be a good place to start. Her dress was becoming more constricting running after him but there wasn’t much she could do about it right now. She looked and saw three people she recognized immediately, or more specifically three vampires. All were wearing Victorian dress but she would recognize them anywhere. Drusilla was looking in the opposite direction Buffy was which led her to believe that was the way that Spike, or more accurately, William, went.

She ran past them only to be stopped by a hand grabbing her arm. She looked around to see who had stopped her and came face to face with Angelus. He looked the same but his hair was much longer. The sneer was as clear as it had been years before.

“Where are you running off too in the middle of the night?” He told her in an Irish accent she had never heard him use, obviously with no real concern.

She wrenched her arm free from his grasp. “I’ll let you know the minute it becomes your business.”

Angelus chuckled looking at his two women. “I like her. She’s feisty. She could be a good friend to you if you’re bored Dru.”

Drusilla looked all but pleased and growled at Buffy. “This one’s come to take away my prize.” She said taking a menacing step towards Buffy.

Buffy was frustrated. The last thing she wanted to do was deal with the trio of evil. Especially when she was trying to avoid it becoming a quartet. She began to back away and Angelus followed.

“You’re not going anywhere lass.”

“I really don’t have time for this.” She told him. She wasn’t sure if she had her powers here but hitting Angelus either way would be really nice. Deciding to make it count in case she didn’t have powers, she hit him with all of the strength she could muster right in the nose.

As it turned out she did have her powers and he flew back knocking over both Drusilla and Darla at the same time.

Relieved and elated that she had her powers and had nailed a strike knocking them all down, Buffy didn’t waste any time running in the direction she was sure William had gone.

She ran straight hoping that he had done the same thing, looking back once to see that the three vampires were still having difficulty getting up. She let out a chuckle but between laughing and running in the constricting dress she had to slow down to breath. She was walking now looking everywhere for a sign of him. They were both in danger now and she wasn’t sure that if she died here she wouldn’t stay that way everywhere.

She started to lose hope when she heard a muffled cry from around the corner. She entered what looked like a courtyard and found William crying to himself. He looked up hearing her enter and wiped his eyes. “What do you want?” He asked her embarrassed and angry.

“Look, I know I bug you or whatever but we have to go. Like now.” She was impatient knowing that they could be attacked at any minute and Spike definitely had left the building. William would not hold up well in a fight.

“I’m not going anywhere with you. I've heard tales of London pickpockets. You'll not be getting my purse, I tell you.” He seemed even a little afraid of her now standing up.

Buffy was getting more annoyed by the second. He thinks I’m a thief? He’s afraid I’m going to steal his purse? “When did you become a woman?” She asked him.

“Sod off! I wish to be alone.”

“Oh so you let all of your little friends make fun of you, but me you’re willing to yell at. Look this is stupid, we don’t have time.” Buffy pulled him up by the arm only to have him wrench it away and back off.

“What are you doing? Leave me alone!” He yelled at her.

She didn’t know what to do. It wasn’t like she could tell him that if he stayed he would more than likely die. She was staring at him with concern and annoyance on her face when she heard Angelus’ voice behind her.

“There you are little girl. You may have broken my nose. What are we going to do about that?”

Buffy was backing away now as the other two followed after him. She was wondering how she would be able to take them all, especially if she would have to protect William. As she backed up William stayed behind her suddenly allowing her to call the shots.

It was Drusilla’s turn to talk. “What did I tell you? Stole my prize she did. His purse is mine.” Buffy had no idea how Drusilla would know he had said anything about that. William however decided she had been lying all along.

“You are thieves!” He pushed Buffy away and tried to run by them but Darla knocked him back down.

“Neither of you leaves. Now let’s play nice.”

“Somehow I don’t think that’s in the plan.” Buffy told her. She inched slowly towards a rising William to stand beside him.

The three vampires were circling them now and Buffy decided their best bet would be to book it.

In the middle of one of Angelus’ snide comments she hit him in the face again and knocked him over. Both Darla and Drusilla attacked her from behind but she lifted her fists without turning around and hit them both in the face. She quickly grabbed William’s wrist yelling for him to run which he adhered to quickly.

They were running into the street and Buffy was getting out of breath because of her dress. She looked at William earnestly, “Please tell me your house is around here somewhere.”

He pointed up ahead. “Just down the way.” He looked behind him and noticed they were being followed. “Bloody hell they’re still coming.”

“It’s…okay…” She told him between staggered breaths. “Once were…inside…it will be…fine.”

They ran through the open gate of his house before closing them. They ran up the entranceway and straight into the house as they were caught. Buffy turned to look at them before closing the door. “I guess this just isn’t your night.” She slammed the door in their faces and fell to the ground. Unable to breath, she immediately passed out leaving a terrified, bemused and now worried William in her wake.


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a review.