Author's Chapter Notes:
A HUGE thanks to my new beta DayWalker for going over this chapter you did a great job sweetie. Also a MASSIVE thanks to Edgehead (Mel) for making the awesome banner.
Chapter 16

Forever

5 Years later

It had been five years since the day Spike had proposed to Buffy. They had married a year later on a beautiful hill top overlooking the water. Giles had given her away; and surrounded by friends and family, they had eagerly said “I do.”

Since then, Buffy had given birth to a little girl whom they had called Dawn Joyce Giles. She was now three years old. Buffy was still running the art gallery and it was thriving. Spike still worked at the university as a professor, and was now starting to write his first book of poetry. .Buffy was so proud of him.

Willow and Xander had married three years before .Willow was now pregnant with their first baby boy whom they planned to call Jessie, Willow still worked as a computer science teacher and Xander’s construction business was the most popular in town.

Faith and Riley were still happily married but now they had two kids- a four year old son named Robin and a one year old daughter called Jasmine. Faith had gone to university to get a degree in art so she could help out more at the gallery; and Riley was still working at the school.

Giles still owned the Magic Box but now shared ownership with Anya. They had started dating three years before, after much persistence on Anya’s part. Giles proposed six months ago and Anya eagerly accepted – they were to be married in two months.

All in all, life was pretty great.


Buffy smiled happily as she entered her house, placing the keys on the table. She headed for the kitchen, eager to tell Spike the news she had got today. She just hoped he was as happy about it as she was.

“Mommy’s home!” she heard Dawn yell as she entered the kitchen.

She picked up the overly excited three year old and hugged her tightly.

“Did you have a fun day at pre-school?” Buffy asked.

“Yep I made you a painting Mommy,” Dawn answered with a smile, hopping down and pointing to the painting that was now on the fridge.

“So you did. Wow! Baby that’s beautiful,” Buffy gished.

Dawn giggled before running off into the lounge room. Buffy smiled when she heard Dawn’s favorite cartoon, Power Puff Girls, in the background.

“And how’s my husband?” she inquired with a smile, moving around the kitchen island

“Good now that his wife is home,” he replied, kissing her passionately.

“Did you take the time to go to the doctors today?” he asked seriously.

Buffy had been feeling ‘off’ for a few weeks and with her family history of cancer, he had insisted she see the doctor.

“I did,” she frowned

“And?” he asked concerned

“He wanted to do a few tests”

“What kind of tests?” he asked fearful, he felt like he was about to swallow his heart but when she laugh softly he relaxed a little

“What’s so bloody funny luv?”

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t tease you. I’m fine… mostly” she smiled

“Mostly? What’s that mean?”

“Spike… I’m pregnant:”

His frown quickly turned into a bright smile

“What?” he asked stunned

“He said about twelve weeks. He’s booked me in for an ultrasound next week. ”

She yelped when he wrapped his arms around her and spun her. He placed kisses all over her face before putting her down.

“We’re going to have another baby,” he smiled brightly

“I take it you’re happy then”

“Are you kidding me? I’m ecstatic, Buffy.”

“So am I.” she smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck.

“I love you so bloody much, Buffy.”

“I love you too, Spike.” she smiled, kissing him deeply.

Coming back to Sunnydale had been the scariest thing she had done. She had lost her mother, but it brought her to where she was meant to be - here with Spike, her friends and her little girl Dawn and soon another baby too.

They had made so many mistakes in the past, wasting time running from their feelings from each other. They had been too scared to face each other, so scared of being hurt; but now none of that mattered. It was behind them in the past where it belonged; and she was here where she belonged. There wasn’t any other place in the world she would rather be than here in his arms.

Forever.


The End.


Chapter End Notes:
So this fic has finally reached the end, i had so much fun with this fic and i want to take everyone for their awesome reviews, you guys are my muss so one last time, what do you think? let me know :)