Author's Chapter Notes:
A huge thanks to my beta for looking over this chapter for me, also a massive thanks to Edgehead for the awesome banner.
Chapter 8

Blowing off steam.

Buffy and Spike hadn’t said a word to each other since their shared “moment” at the gallery just hours before hand. Buffy made a bee line straight for the dance floor as soon as she entered the Bronze, dragging a reluctant Willow and a more than eager Faith along with her. Spike had gone the opposite direction and headed straight for the bar.

Buffy was now alone on the dance floor, both Faith and Willow had rejoined their partners back at the table where Spike, also now sat. He was seeing red, seething as Buffy danced and rubbed herself up against some collage jock.

Buffy felt bad for just walking off on Spike, considering what had almost happened between them at the gallery but she felt so hot under the skin after their interaction that she desperately needed to blow off some steam.

So when Cameron, the man she was currently dancing with, had asked her to dance, she had eagerly accepted. She knew it was harmless, just dancing. She had no intention of taking it any further but the look Spike was giving them… well let’s just say, if looks could kill poor Cameron would have died some time ago.

“I-is that your boyfriend or something?” he asked, sparing her a glance. Buffy turned in the direction he had indicated and saw Spike sitting with their friends, looking like he was ready to rip Cameron’s head off at any moment.

“Or something…” she sighed and turned to meet Cameron’s eyes. “Spike is more like a protective big brother,” she smiled, cringing at her own choice of words. She knew she was lying, Spike was anything but her big brother. Whilst he was still overly protective of her, she knew it was only because they were best friends, he had always been like that when it came to her and other guys.

Sometimes she wondered if she ever meant more to him but had always dismissed the idea, deciding that if that was the case he would’ve snatched her up four years ago when they had slept together. It was true that she’d never told him how she felt, thinking that giving him her virginity was clear enough. Spike had known her since she was a young child, he knew that she was waiting for the “one”.

“If you’ll excuse me, Cameron. Thanks for the dance.”

“No problem Buffy, any time. It was nice meeting you.” He said, placing a soft but quick kiss on her check making her cheeks flush.

“You too,” she smiled, before heading over to her friends.

Once off the dance floor she noticed that Spike was no longer sitting at the table with the others. He was slipping on his duster as he turned and headed for the entrance, not glancing at her once. She ran to catch up with him and grasped his forearm, forcing him to turn and face her.

“Hey, where are you going?” Her chest heaving as she tried to catch her breath.

“Home.” he growled making Buffy jump back in shock.

“Spike, come on…. Why? What’s wrong?”

“I personally don’t enjoy seeing my best friend being man handled!”

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh at his outburst, shaking her head.

“We were dancing Spike, nothing more.”

“Dancing with is a pretty mild term, pet. Mating with is more accurate.”

“You’re over dramatizing it. We were dancing together and for your information,” her eyes narrowed. “It was made clear at the beginning that it was nothing more than that. We’re just two people who enjoy to dance and that’s it.”

Spike sighed, knowing that what she said was the truth but he couldn’t help it.

“Spike, we talked about this.” Buffy met his eyes and sighed. “We both agreed that if we were going to try and rebuild our friendship and earn each other’s trust again, that I would stop being so quick to snap at you and run off when things got tough and you would cut the over protective crap out!”

He knew she was right, remembering their talk and agreeing to start things over again. They had set up rules to which she had held up her part, finally talking to him and opening up instead of running off every time they got into a tiff.

“I know, I’m sorry, luv. It’s just… he had his bloody hands all over you an..” Unsure of how to continue he sighed, not wanting to scare her by saying, “and I love you. You’re my girl and I don’t want no other bloke to have his hands on you.”

“You’re my best friend, Buffy. I just have to look out for you.” he sighed again, feeling like such a coward for not telling her the real reason but determined to win her trust back first.

“Well if you’d gotten up off your stubborn butt and danced with me instead, we wouldn’t have this problem now would we?” he looked up, shocked.

“You want me to dance with you? Like you were dancing with him?” he almost groaned at the thought of them dancing like that, pressed up against each other.

“Sure, why not? It’s just dancing, right? And as you said,” she smiled. “You are my best friend.”

He nodded his response with a smile on his face and slipped off his duster, placing it at the table with their friends as they headed onto the dance floor.

They spent the rest of the night dancing, their friends at one time or another all coming to join them. They laughed and drank, celebrating the nights success, everyone having the time of their lives. When the bartender announced that the Bronze was closing in ten minutes they all said their farewells before going their separate ways home.

Spike walked Buffy home and gratefully accepted her offer to stay the night. He’d left his car at the gallery as they had both been drinking and even though neither of them where even close to drunk, they were both most likely over the legal limit to drive.

Buffy insisted that Spike spend the night at her place, saying that Giles needed his rest with everything he had gone through with losing Joyce. Buffy didn’t want Spike accidentally waking him up at three in the morning. She had insistence that it would be fine, he could stay in the spare room as Willow was spending the night at Xander’s…. again.

After a quick shower, Buffy headed to bed, she could hear the shower down the hall still running and knew that Spike was still getting cleaned up. She pulled the covers back and hopped into bed, letting out a content sigh as her body relaxed under the covers.

She closed her eyes in an attempt to fall asleep but knew sleep would not come easy. Flashes of that night filled her mind, dancing with Spike, the feel of his strong hands on her body as they moved in time with the beat. He’d danced with such passion that even now had her body flushed with heat.

Every movement, every touch, every word he whispered in her ear only fuelled to make her hotter. Buffy felt moisture pool between her thighs and pressed her knees together to try and dull the ache that was rapidly growing.

Eyes closed, she slowly lowered her hand to her breast and moaned at the contact. She pictured Spike sucking one hardened nipple into his mouth and skillfully twirling his tongue around it. She released her breast and let her hand travel lower until a single digit slipped between her moist folds, thankful that she had chosen to wear no underwear to bed.

Buffy was so deep in her fantasy that she didn’t hear the shower shut off. She imagined Spike laying on top of her, slowly easing into her tight channel as she used two fingers to slowly pump into herself. Her movements where slow and gentle at first but soon became more forceful and urgent as she desperately sought her release.

Spike wrapped his towel around his waist and walked down the hallway and into the spare room, shutting the door behind him quietly, not wanting to wake Buffy up. He stripped down to nothing and slipped under the covers. It wasn’t an odd occurrence for Spike to sleep in the buff, in fact he preferred it.

He stretched out and sighed in content. His day couldn’t have gotten any better. The tribute to Joyce had been a success, the gallery was going to be fine and to top the night off he’d spent the rest of it dancing in the arms of the woman he loved.

Spike’s eyes had been shut for only a moment before they snapped open at the sound of a muffled groan. Worried that someone was in the house, he quickly but quietly hopped out of bed and wrapped his towel around his naked form and walked into the hall way, trying to figure out where the sound was coming from.

The house was quiet and thinking he must have been hearing things, he turned and made his way back to his room, stopping when the sound came again. His eyebrow raised in question as he stared at Buffy’s half closed door and heard the muffled groan again. Spike almost fainted at the sight before him.

There was Buffy, her white silk night gown pulled up over her chest, legs spread, eyes closed, one had rubbing and pinching her soft mounds whilst the other pumped in and out of her wet pussy.

Her face was flushed and her lips full and red. Spike couldn’t suppress the groan that escaped him. He knew he should turn away and go back to his room, do anything but stare but try as he might, he just couldn’t take his eyes off her.

His cock was rock hard and begging to be touched and although he kept telling himself it was a wrong thing to do, his body betrayed his mind. He lowered his hand to wrap around his erection and started slowly pumping up and down before finding his rhythm with the other hand clutching the door frame to keep him steady.

“Oh god, yes!”

His eyes rolled back into his head at hearing her soft moan, watching as she added a third finger to pump forcefully into herself. His stroked became faster, using the pre-cum that leaked out as a lubricant. He suppressed his moan, imagining he was in there with her, thrusting in and out of her hot, tight quim.

It took all his will power not to walk into the bedroom and simply take her. His eyes were firmly glued on her, he had never seen anything so erotic in his life. Buffy was a goddess with her golden locks spread out around her, her face flushed and lips forming a silent ‘O’ of pleasure.

“Oh god, yes… fuck me harder!”

Spike almost shot his load right then, never having heard Buffy say such things. But god did she look and sound so sexy. He didn’t know how much more of her teasing he could take. He watched her hips lift of the bed and groaned along with her as she wailed out in her climax. He lost control and shot his seed all over the inside of the towel she had given him. He was panting as he braced himself on the wall.

“This girl will be the death of me.”

He spared a glance down and sighed at the mess he’d made, quickly and silently moving from her door and into the bathroom to clean himself up, not hearing the words that slipped past Buffy’s lips.

“I love you, Spike.” Buffy was so lost in her fantasy that she never noticed that she had an audience. With a content sigh she pulled up her covers and rolled over, a smile on her face as she drifted off to sleep.


Chapter End Notes:
So?? what do you think?? any good? let me know :)