Author's Chapter Notes:
A huge thanks to my beta Pixiecorn (Kelly) for looking over this chapter for me, also a massive thanks to Edgehead for the awesome banner.
Chapter 9

Old friends and old enimies.

Armed with two tubs of Buffy’s favourite ice cream, Ben and Jerry’s cookie dough choc mint fudge and her favourite chick flick, Thelma and Louise, Spike ran his hands through his hair nervously. He glanced one more time at his reflection in his car window to make sure he looked presentable before making his way across the lawn and over to Buffy’s house.

He was going to surprise her with a movie night, just the two of them curled up on the couch together watching T.V. Spike smiled as he saw the lights on inside the house; he knew for a fact that she was home alone tonight.

Riley had mentioned that he and Faith had invited Buffy and Willow to spend the night and help decorate their new apartment and were disappointed that Buffy had declined their invitation.

Xander and Riley had been heading out to the Bronze for a few drinks and a game of pool when they asked Spike to join them. He had smiled secretly and said he had other plans, wanting nothing more than to spend the night with his arms wrapped around Buffy.

He knocked on the door and was surprised when it flew open so quickly. There she stood, the object of his thoughts all dressed up as if she was heading out on the town for the night.

“Spike? What are you doing here?” she asked, surprised.

“I got us two tubs of cookie dough choc mint fudge ice cream…” he said, lifting the shopping bag. “And a copy of Thelma and Louise. I thought me, you and that big comfy couch of yours. What do you say?” he smiled brightly making Buffy laugh.

“Oh god, I’d really love to but I have plans.”

Spike’s heart sank. Where could she possibly be going? All her friends were busy and she was dressed like she was heading out on a date.

“Do you have a date or something?” he asked, swallowing the lump in his throat, dreading the worst

“Or something.” Buffy mumbled. “I’m heading out to meet an old friend for coffee at the Expresso pump.”

“Oh,” he sighed, shoulders dropping. “Well if it’s just for coffee I can wait around?”

“Great!” Buffy beamed. “I won’t be long an hour, two at the most. I would blow it off but Parker is only in town until tomorrow and I promised him we would catch up.” Buffy smiled as she grabbed her jacket and purse, making her way past him.

“WOAH! Parker? As in Parker Abrams?” he asked, spinning to face her.

“Yeah…”

“Buffy, the guy is a scumbag you said it yourself. He cheated on you with practically half of the girls on campus.”

“Spike, it’s not like that, really. We’re just two old friends catching up,” she met his eyes. “Trust me, there is nothing more to it.” She let out a laugh as she slipped on her jacket. “Get comfy, make some popcorn and put Ben and Jerry on ice. I’ll be back before you know it. I promise.” she smiled and kissed him softly on the check before heading down the footpath and into the dark, leaving a very worried Spike behind.

*1 Hour later*

Buffy couldn’t get out of Parker’s car quick enough. The evening had been a disaster, she had only been with him an hour but it had seemed a lot longer than that. He had spent the whole hour leering at her chest and dropping not so subtle hints about how he was hoping the evening would end.

She had told him she had to leave as she had an early day at work in the morning, Buffy all but ran up the footpath that lead to her house with an eager Parker hot on her heels. She turned to face him when she reached the door and forced out a smile.

“Well…” she met his eyes. “It’s been nice seeing you again Parker.”

“W e’ll have to do it again soon.” he grinned, taking a few steps closer to her.

“T-that might be hard with you living in Boston and all.”

“My business brings me through Sunnydale often. I could drop by some time, maybe stay for a night cap?” he winked.

“Excuse me?” Buffy asked as she took a step back.

“Oh come on, Buffy. You know you want it.” he smiled, slithering towards her and wrapping one arm around her waist.

“I’m pretty cretin I don’t.” she hissed, attempting to remove his hand which was now grasping her left bum check. “Parker, let go!” She demanded, earning her a laugh.

“Playing hard to get, huh?”

“Try impossible to get!” she spat before pushing him away. “God, you’re so disgusting! I’m not interested okay… You weren’t going to get it in college and you’re defiantly not going to get it now!” she hissed at him.

“You’re a tease you know that, Summers. First you agree to go on a date with me and then you’re all over me at the coffee shop and now you’re not going to follow through…” Buffy felt her skin go hot all over, rage boiling inside.

“Are you kidding me? It was never a date! I made that clear when I agreed to have coffee with you,” she couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “I said it was only coffee between two old friends and as for throwing myself on you…Are you blind? I couldn’t get far enough away from you! Stay the hell away from me, Parker. I mean it!” She all but yelled as she turned to go inside, being stopped by his hand as he grabbed her arm forcefully and spun her around to face him.

“We’re not through yet.” he growled.

Before she knew what was happening the front door was open and Parker was on his back on the foot path below.

“She said to piss off, so if I were you I’d leave now before I finish the job I started on your face four years ago.” Spike hissed, towering over him. Buffy barely suppressed her giggle as she watched Parker scamper to his feet and run off like the weasel he was.

“Are you alright, luv?” Spike asked, turning to face her, his concern written all over his face.

“I’m fine… what were you talking about? The job you started on his face four years ago?” she asked, beyond confused.

“Maybe we should go inside and talk about it, it’s a bit of a story.” she nodded and followed him inside.

“I’m just going to have a shower and get changed. I need to scrub the sleaze off of me.”

Spike laughed at her choice in words before nodding and taking a seat in the lounge room.

“I’ll be here.” She smiled before heading up stairs to get cleaned up.

Spike sighed, he hadn’t told Buffy about what had happened after she left with Parker that day, with Dru or with anything in his life. She hadn’t asked and he knew it was because she’d been so preoccupied with everything that had happened with her mom and the gallery. But things had changed. Now it was time to tell her the whole messy truth about his life and everything that had happened in the last four years.

With a heavy sigh and a glance up the stairs he knew it was going to be a long and interesting night.


Chapter End Notes:
So?? what do you think? let me know :)