Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey everyone! This is a shorter chapter but I'll be able to update the next chapter that much sooner. Thank you so much for the reviews I've been getting. Reviews make me want to write more! :) Thank you all!
Chapter 3: Who’s Spike?

“Hey Giles!” She said as she walked into her watchers apartment.

“Oh, Buffy. I’ve been meaning to talk to you.” He told her, not surprised by her usual intrusion.

“What’s up?”

“Umm, well there seems to be a demon that is able enter our dimension every 100 years and if my calculations are correct he should be here, well, now actually.” He wasn’t happy he didn’t catch it sooner.

“Big, ugly, grey demon with horns and really red eyes?” She asked.

“Yes, how did you know?” He asked, surprised she was able to describe him.

“That’s why I’m here actually. Spike and I saw it last night and I was gunna ask you about it.”

“I’m sorry, Spike?” He’s never heard about this Spike fellow.

“Yeah you know, guy that’s been helping me patrol?” She told him about Spike. Didn’t she?

“You know a man named Spike?”

“I didn’t tell you about Spike?” From all her stories told to Willow and Xander she could have sworn she told Giles.

“Umm, no. I don’t believe you mentioned him. I’m sorry did you say he patrols with you?”

“Oh, well I met this guy named Spike and yes, he helps me on patrol.”

“Buffy, I don’t think it was wise of you to inform him of your slaying duties no matter his…relationship to you.” She should know her duties by now and this wasn’t right by them.

“I didn’t tell him Giles. He already knew and he’s a great fighter and there’s no relationship just patrolling buddies.”

“And how long have I been uninformed about this?”

“Well he’s been patrolling with me for about a month now.” Right then the rest of the Scooby gang walked into the Giles apartment.

“Hi Buffy! Hi Giles.” Willow greeted them and Buffy waved hi.

“How does he even know you’re the Slayer?” He asked hardly noticing the presence of the four people that entered the room.

“Um, I don’t really know. But he said he was here to help me. Which is what he has been doing. He’s like a demon fighter and like he said if you know demons you hear about the slayer.”

“Buffy we know nothing about this man. How could you just trust him?”

“Wait did I miss something here?” Xander said.

“Apparently we didn’t tell Giles about Spike.” Buffy clued them in.

“Yeah we did. We told him…when…when..oh. Sorry Giles.” Willow apologized weakly.

“If he is going to continue to patrol with you I must insist I meet him. I cannot just let you put your life at risk with a complete stranger.”

“Ok, Giles. I’ll bring him by before patrol. Can we get back to the demon of the night? We only had stakes on us last night so we left him, but we know where he lives. We’re gunna take him out tonight.” She was in Slayer mode now.

“Oh yeah, how do I kill it?”

“Well the only way to kill it is to beheading.”

“Sheesh, why is it always the head? Ok, one headless demon coming up. I’ll see you before patrol Giles.” She told him as she left.

“Sorry about Spike. I thought we told you.” Willow apologized.

“It’s quite alright.”

“Oh, so what did you need me for?”

“Well, I was going to ask you to do a locator spell for the Rhamda demon however, it seems Buffy has already located it, so it will not be needed.”

“Oh, ok. Well we’re going to get something to eat then.” They left the apartment and Giles was left to his thoughts on this new, Spike.

******

“Why do we gotta stop by the watchers pet?” He was worried about getting into the house.

“I guess I forgot to mention you to him and he kinda wigged.” She explained. They reached the door and she knocked. The door opened and they were greeted by Giles.

“Buffy, Spike, please come in.” Well that took care of his invite. For the watcher of a vampire slayer he sure was awfully eager to hand out invites into his house. Buffy formally introduced them and Giles questioned him about his history and which he answered honestly about his human history. When asked about parents he told him how his mother was turned and he had to stake her, carefully avoiding the fact that he was that one to turn her. When Giles was somewhat satisfied he allowed them to patrol.

On the way to the crypt that held the demon Buffy questioned Spike about something she learned tonight from his past. She was amazed to find out what kind of education he had. When they arrived at the crypt they made no attempt to sneak.

“So, what do you think of this millennium.” She asked as she barged into the crypt. The demon let out a roar and then charged her and she quickly moved out of the way. This put them outside the crypt rather then inside. Before she was able to do anything affective with her sword the demon had it broken and knocked out of her hand. She gave a series of jabs and kicks that didn’t even seem to affect him. When she missed a block she got hit hard falling to the ground. That was Spike’s cue that he was needed. He went in fist flying, not doing much damage; he was knocked against the crypt.

When Buffy recovered from the blow she saw Spike fighting. When he was thrown into the crypt her heart skipped a beat. She picked up the half broken sword and was able to slash the demons arm. He howled in pain and turned to face her, catching her side with its claws. This left four deep gashes and she was losing a lot of blood, but she had to keep fighting. She saw Spike get up and she was relieved. The demon took advantage of her moment of distraction. Grabbing her arm with the sword he maneuvered it toward her gut and stabbed her, thankfully not very deep. He then grabber her other arm threw her into the nearest tombstone successfully knocking her out cold. He took off running.