Author's Chapter Notes:
x3tinkerbell07 did a great job of betaing this chapter!

Chapter 16: A Night Out



“Life is either a daring adventure of nothing. To keep our face toward change and behave like free spirits in the present of fate is strength undefeatable. “
~ Helen Keller

Buffy walked into the dance club that Spike had found and looked around. It was much different than the Bronze but the atmosphere was the same.

Young individuals were piled into the middle dancing while tables were filled with people on dates. The band wasn’t bad in fact… She stopped and blinked staring at the stage. She looked at Spike and tugged on his arm to get his attention. He was staring at the bar and looked at Buffy and she pointed at the stage and she heard Spike exclaim, “It’s the wolf boy!”

Buffy went over to the front of the stage right as the band took a break. Buffy went up to Oz and stated with a smile, “Wow I haven’t seen you in forever. How have you been? Do you live here in Vegas?”

Oz looked at Buffy and looked at Spike. Buffy was leaning against Spike who had an arm around her waist. Oz blinked, “Wow you guys finally got the sexual tension thing worked out I see.”

Buffy looked at Spike curiously and then looked at Oz and Oz shrugged, “Every time I saw you, the looks you gave each other. It was intense. There’s a fine line between love and hate and with all the hate you guys were sprouting it, it was just a matter of time before it turned to love.”

Buffy looked impressed but didn’t say anything and Oz grinned, “So guys to answer your questions let’s see. I’m in a new band called The Changelings. I’m the lead guitarist and part time singer. I floated around for a while before finally settling in Vegas. I’m not partial to here though, but the money is good. I’ve been ok. Nothing fancy just ok.”

Buffy nodded, “I’m great actually.”

Oz walked over to a table to sit down stating, “So catch me up, what happened in your lives since I saw you besides getting together finally.”

Buffy smiled, “Well let’s see… I’ve died a total of 5 times now. Willow went all witch wild on me and brought me back from Heaven once, then I was rejected from heaven the second time because I was too hooked on Spike here apparently. Spike here blew up Sunnydale so that Hellmouth is officially closed. I’m living in Columbus sort of. Actually I wouldn’t call it living. I just got there 3 days ago from England. I was there for a while. I’ll let Spike tell you his life then I’ll pick up on the wish part.”

Spike chuckled as he started this side of the story,“Well I died in the Hellmouth closure after being with Buffy here. So yeah, Sunnydale is a big crater in the ground thanks to yours truly. I didn’t die enough so I got brought back by a fancy little trinket I was wearing and got stuck with Angel for a while. Died again in a matter against the Wolfram and Hart office in L.A. but didn’t die enough because Buffy here made a wish to Xander’s wife who was a vengeance demon at the time to bring me back and here we are my 2 deaths later. Wow pet, I’ve died 3 times. How many people can say that?”

Buffy laughed, “I beat you, 5 times!”

Oz shook his head,“How are the others?”

Buffy knew he was asking about Willow. While she knew Kennedy and Willow weren’t close she didn’t want to start things up so she responded, “Dawn is in college and top of her class. Giles is now head of the council, which is made up of mostly new people. Tara died a few years ago. Did you know that?”

Oz looked shocked as he shook his head, “I didn’t know that. I’m sorry I wasn’t there for Willow for that.”

Buffy nodded, “It was bad for a while. She went all black magic witchy and almost ended the world but Xander talked her out of it. It was really scary for a while there. But she’s doing better. She knows how to control her magic side now and is using it for the good. Oh yea I’m not the only slayer anymore. There are hundreds. Willow did this fancy spell that made every slayer on earth that could be a slayer into a slayer so there are academies all over the place to train up these slayers on how to use their new found strength appropriately. It’s pretty intense at times.”

Oz chuckled, “Sounds like it. Will you be here for a while?”

Buffy nodded, “A few days I think. We should get together and hang out. Xander and Anya are here on their honeymoon but I’m sure Xander would like to see you.”

Oz flinched a little at the memory of Xander and Willow making out and Buffy picked up on it, “I’m sorry. Maybe that isn’t such a good idea.”

Oz shrugged, “I still love Willow. Always will I guess. Is she doing ok? Has she found anyone new?”

Buffy hesitated and looked up at Spike who nodded and she sighed, “She’s seeing a girl named Kennedy. Not my place to say but I will because it’s you. She’s settling. You left, Tara died and she was alone and unable to love anyone. Kennedy was persistent. She caved and gave in but she’s not exactly happy. You can do what you want with that information.”

Oz nodded, “Well I have to get back to playing. Hold on and I’ll give you my phone number and you can give me a ring while you’re in town and we can do some more catching up and maybe hang out a bit.”

Buffy smiled and handed him the napkin from the coke Spike had given her and he jotted down his number. He turned to walk away and then turned around, “You can pass that on to Willow if you want.”

Buffy nodded and turned to Spike, “Can we dance now?”

Spike grinned and led her to the dance floor as she heard Oz’s voice say, “This one is for Spike and Buffy who were my friends from long ago. Enjoy guys and congrats on finally getting together!”

A slow song drifted over their ears as she rested her head against his chest and he pulled her closer. She wrapped her arms around his neck and placed a gently kiss on his neck. Spike smirked, “Unless you want me to jump you in the middle of the dance floor in front of all these people slayer, I suggest you keep your lips and tongue to yourself or at least off my neck.”

Buffy grinned and looked up seeing a balcony. She licked his neck again and he groaned bending down to return the favor. He ran his tongue up the mark he had made on her yesterday that was already fading. He knew it wouldn’t totally disappear and he grinned against her neck and blew against it feeling proud that his mark was the only one on her neck now. The Powers-that-be had at least given him that.

He was thankful as he felt Buffy continue to lick at his neck. He finally stopped her licking by placing a kiss on her lips and she moaned into the kiss. She was so turned on by feeling Spike up against her and so close.

She whispered into his ear, “There’s a balcony up there.”

Spike glanced up and whispered against her ear, “So there is pet. So there is.”

Buffy asked batting her eyelashes, “Do you want me Spike?”

Spike nodded and the song stopped so she casually put her cup down on the counter and walked up the stairs to stand at the edge glancing around to see most people weren’t around her.

Spike followed her up and whispered in her ear, “This seems so familiar.”

Buffy giggled and looked down, “No dancing with Xander, Anya and Willow this time. However will you turn me on?”

Spike chuckled and kissed down her neck to her shoulders kissing the bare skin there. Spike chuckled, “You’re lucky I have my duster because your dress is a tad bit longer than last time so it might be a bit more noticeable. Buffy backed up a little as she put his hand on her dress. He inched his hand down and pulled it up until it was at the same level it was last time they did this.

Buffy leaned her head back whispering, “Don’t.”

Spike smirked, “Stop me.”

Buffy instead moaned as he inched her dress up even more and moved her pink panties to the side and unbuckled his pants moving them down just enough so he could slip out. He rocked his hips against her and she spread her legs slightly allowing him room as she had last time. He moved in between her folds and both of them caught their breath as he slipped inside.

She turned and gave him a kiss and he whispered, “Don’t close your eyes. Open them and look down at all the people like last time.”

She turned around and watched all the people dancing without a care in the world. She smiled this time knowing she was with the man she loved having sex in a balcony. He pumped a little faster and she bit her lip to avoid a moan. She needed a bit more and Spike knew that as he inched his hand down under her dress and started to rub her nubbin between his fingers through her panties.

She moaned but he turned her head around slightly to kiss her so her sounds wouldn’t be heard. She gasped into his mouth realizing she was so close. She ran her hands up and frowned at the suit jacket underneath and Spike suddenly plunged into her hard sending her over the edge. He kissed her deeply swallowing both of cries as the spasms of her muscles sent him over the edge as well.

Buffy whispered, “That was amazing. Even better than last time.”

Spike grinned and straightened out her dress and tucked himself back into his pants and buckled then as Buffy carefully stood in front of prying eyes. Spike took her elbow placing another kiss on her forehead and brushing a fallen curl from her face, “Shall we do some violence now love?”

Buffy grinned and nodded letting him lead her out to find a cemetery.