Author's Chapter Notes:
x3tinkerbell07 took the time to beta this chapter! Yay!

Chapter 20: A Time for Sharing



“Happiness is not so much in having as sharing. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
~ Norman Macewan

Spike and Buffy shared one side of the booth so Buffy could lean up against him since she wasn’t still 100% and Oz and Willow shared the other. Honestly Buffy wanted to sit next to Spike and figured Oz and Willow could use the togetherness so it was perfect.

Buffy ordered strawberry waffles with lots of whipped cream and a hot chocolate. Spike ordered the same and made a note to find some blood in this town soon. Anya had said the plan was to stay for 3 to 5 days. Then they were planning to travel for the rest of the 2-week period of their honeymoon.

Oz had ordered eggs, sausage and home fries and Willow had ordered a ham and cheese omelet. Buffy quietly talked to Spike leaving time for Oz and Willow to be lost in talking.

Buffy asked, “What will we do the rest of the time we are here and are you hungry for food? With this place being loaded with vamps, probably no one will notice missing blood packages from the hospital if you want.”

Spike hesitated still nervous about being hooked back on human blood but nodded. Willow having heard the end of the conversation looked around the diner and seeing almost no one closed her eyes and changed Spike’s class of grape juice to blood and said, “Bon appetit” and watched as Spike changed to briefly down the glass before replacing it on the table.

Spike licked his lips, “What kind of blood was that?”

Willow shrugged saying, “Not quite sure but it wasn’t human.”

Buffy laughed and snuggled in closer to Spike whom automatically placed his arm around her. Willow looked at the two of them and suddenly felt bad for being so hard on Buffy for being with Spike before. He obviously made her happy.

She turned to Oz wanting that with him. She had always loved him and always will. Oz sensed the change in her and whispered softly, “I’ve always loved you too.”

Willow smiled and Oz continued to tell her about the band while Buffy closed her eyes enjoying the feel of Spike’s hand that was rubbing circles on her arm in a peaceful manner. Just then the waitress came back with the food placing it in front of them all. She frowned looking at Spike’s glass thinking that it didn’t look like an empty glass of grape juice but instead offered, “Refill? It’s free.”

Spike nodded and Willow winked towards him. Buffy aroused enough to dig in and actually cleared her whole plate. Spike smiled at her quite proud as he finished up his plate as well. Willow and Oz were so lost in conversation that it took then much longer to finish their plates.

Spike paid for Buffy’s tab while Oz insisted on paying for Willow. Oz frowned, “I’m sorry guys but I’m supposed to be going to a Broadway show on the strip, Rent. There’s still tickets if you two would like to join me.”

Willow smiled at Buffy and Spike but Buffy shook her head, “I’m still sore but you two go along. I think I want to go back to sleep.”

Spike grinned, “Where my lady goes, I go.”

Oz turned to Willow and asked her nervously, “Want to go?”

She eagerly agreed turning to Buffy and giving her a bright smile and Buffy gave her a thumbs up and let Spike help her to the car.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy rested against Spike’s chest as they lie in bed watching a movie Spike has chosen. Buffy wasn’t really focused on the movie but was busy lost in thought.

Spike turned to her and softly asked, “What’s on your mind pet?”

Buffy smiled, “You’re my boyfriend right? I mean we are finally dating but that sounds so cliché for a vampire 120 years old who will live forever. I wish it was more.” She hesitated, “Um… I don’t know what I wish for exactly but dating sounds so pathetic after everything we have been through.”

Spike wiggled out from behind Buffy and went over to his duster’s pocket and pulled out the box he was carrying around. He knelt on the floor and looked up at her nervously, “I haven’t worked out a perfect speech. I was planning to wait a while for the perfect moment and while this isn’t how I imagined it I do know one thing for sure, I want to spend forever with you. I want us to look into each other’s eyes in 200 or 300 years down the line and still have that spark. I want to care for you when you are hurt and feed you soup when you are sick. I’ve seen you at your worst and your best and I love all of you. Buffy you’re the one for me. You’re my soul mate. We’ve fought long and hard to get to this moment each dying and giving up things to be complete and you make me complete. Please Buffy I would be honored if you would marry me.”

Buffy’s eyes were filled with tears as she whispered, “Yes, Spike I will marry you.”

He picked her up and gently swung her around as he whispered, “I promise I’ll take perfect care of you. I’ll even get a job if I have to but I imagine we will be set for a long time with my investments. I’ll make sure you are the happiest girl on this earth, I promise.”

Buffy grinned, “Will you get something that says William Pratt so I can be Buffy Pratt?”

Spike laughed and kissed her, “Of course, anything you want.”

Spike slipped the ring on her finger and she smiled sadly, “I lost the skull ring in the collapse.”

Spike looked at her in surprise, “You kept it?”

Buffy nodded and toyed with the new ring as she admitted, “I wore it under my shirt but they took it off when I died. I guess the Scoobies thought it was better left unmentioned that I still wore it. I found it in my jewelry box after I died but I was so dead inside, I was afraid to wear it. This one is much better though.”

Spike smiled, “Come on pet, let’s go back to bed so you can get some more rest.”

Buffy willingly let him lead her back to bed where she fell asleep against his chest while watching a movie.


Chapter End Notes:
This is the last update for the day. I'm sure more will follow soon! Enjoy!