Author's Chapter Notes:
x3tinkerbell07 betaed this chapter!!!

Chapter 38: Making Plans



“Good plans shape good decisions. That’s why good planning helps to make elusive dreams come true."
~ Unknown


Spike sat in the bathroom with his arms full of Buffy. He was gently washing her back and Buffy turned to Spike whispering as her eyes shined with worry, “Am I a bad sister?”

Spike shrugged not sure how to answer her and figured the truth should be good enough, “I don’t rightly know, sweetheart. I never had any brothers and sisters. I was an only child and you were too when you were growing up so I guess we both just do the best we can. We can only hope it’s good enough.”

Buffy whispered as she lifted her leg out of the water letting the sponge rub over it, “How long did you live with your mom?”

Spike licked his lips watching her wash her legs and then answered her, “Well times were different back then and my mum was alone. I still lived with her at 27 but like I said pet, I wasn’t average and times were different in 1880 compared to 2003. I think you’re doing okay though.”

Buffy turned around in the bath and reached her hand down and gently rubbed over his erection and whispered, “Think she will hear us if we make love tonight?”

Spike grinned, “I’ll just have to resist from making you scream.”

Buffy laughed and she declared knowing it wasn’t the truth, “I don’t scream.”

Spike chuckled and wiggled his erection from her hand and rubbed it against her entrance bumping her clit and she let out a low moan, “Wanna bet, love?”

Buffy shook her head realizing he was right, “Not tonight but I do need you so much.”

Spike lifted her up and she immediately wrapped her legs around his waist while hitting the tub release so all the water started going down the drain while Spike started smothering her with kisses. She moaned again and he carried her over to the bed grabbing two towels as he passed by the towel rack and lowered her onto the bed to quickly dry her off while placing kisses all over her body making her moan even more.

Then he proceeded to quickly dry himself off before lowering himself on her to give her a deep passionate kiss. She eagerly returned the kiss cupping his face as she felt the passion build up in her. She knew she would never experience this kind of passion with anyone else.

In her little experience, Spike was intense. He whispered softly between kisses while she paused for breath, “God you set me on fire Buffy. Every touch, every kiss, every taste, burns me and makes you more a part of me.”

She moaned and raised her neck encouraging him to kiss her chest until he reached her breasts which he pushed together so he could taste and suck on both nipples together. She brought her hands down to run through his hair in an urgent fashion whispering, “Spike lower please. I need you so badly tonight.”

Spike released her nipples placing gentle kisses on both of them before lowering his face to be even with her junction. She spread her legs eagerly and he licked her clit and entrance feeling just how wet she was. He smirked as he savored the taste, “All this bloody wetness for me, love?”

Buffy nodded in agreement while inside she was on fire and about to explode from want, “I’m ready just please I need you in me.”

Spike took another lick enjoying her taste before she gently lifted his head to place a kiss on his lips while moving her entrance to be level with his erection. He groaned into her mouth as he brushed up against her warmth and she lifted her hips so he slid in.

Their lovemaking was frantic but so much different than their frantic lovemaking two years ago. It was fast, urgent but still soft and gentle at the same time. Spike spent time pumping hard into her while sucking on her breasts driving her insane. She wasn’t idle either and was rubbing over his chest and sucking the nipples into her mouth every chance she got. She would also suck on his earlobes while he was occupied by her breasts. They were panting like crazy and she was so close. She moaned out, “Spike please.”

Spike didn’t even wait for her to continue and shoved his hand down to where they joined and began to rub frantically. He was tempted to bite her since he knew that would send her over the edge but she hadn’t asked or offered. She moaned and withered while moving hers over and over again to join with his. She was wild with passion and he was so close. Then he felt her shift and turn her head to the side and looked with her eyes meeting his giving him permission. He immediately vamped out and sunk his fangs in causing her to scream into the pillow when her release slammed into her. Spike took two pulls of her blood and then gently extracted his fangs just as her inner muscles massaged and squeezed him driving him over the edge to meet her.

He groaned against her neck carefully licking the excess blood away to seal the wound as her muscles relaxed. She whimpered as he pulled out of her to roll over next to her. He pulled her close and she automatically rested her head on his chest and wrapped her arm around his waist and he held her until their after shocks finished. She whispered softly to Spike, “Think she heard us?”

Spike shook his head knowing just how to calm Buffy’s fears, “Even if she did, she knows that dampening spell so I’m sure she wouldn’t have listened long.”

Buffy giggled and then yawned snuggling up closer as Spike placed a kiss on her forehead, “Let’s sleep, my love. We have a busy day ahead of us.” Spike reached over to pull a black silk shirt over Buffy’s head and then pulled black silk pants over his body.

Buffy smiled and whispered, “I love you.”

Spike smiled in reply whispering, “I love you too Buffy” as they both drifted off to sleep.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Dawn woke up chipper and filed into the room to find that at least they had covered up before sleep. They actually looked perfect together. Buffy was snuggled against Spike wearing what appeared to be a black silk shirt and Spike was holding her. They looked all glowy and happy.

Connor walked in after her and he whispered, “Do people normally look so happy?”

Dawn shrugged taking Connor back out to the hallway, “Buffy never was before Spike and honestly I don’t remember my parents being that happy.”

Connor responded, “I got placed with a family for a year. They seemed happy but they were distant from each other. They cared for their children and me but not really for each other much. Do you think when the baby comes, they will be like that with each other?”

Dawn frowned in concern even though a part of her was determined they would make it this time. She admitted knowing it to be the truth, “With Buffy and Spike, I doubt it. Spike has been in love with Buffy since I’ve known him. Angel, nothing personal, was never good for her. He pretty much reminded her of what she had to give up. Spike on the other hand, reminds her of what she can have. Think we will ever have that?”

Connor smiled at her, “I hope so only I’m not quite sure how to get to that point. I grew up in a hell dimension where all I learned was how to survive. I’ve never really seen true love in person.”

Dawn smiled and placed a gentle kiss on his lips that blew his mind and she whispered, “Don’t worry, Connor, I’ll show you. I promise.”

Connor smiled and she responded jumping up and down slightly on her feet, “I need to wake them up. I want to go baby shopping! Perhaps Spike can take you out somewhere if you don’t want to come along. I’m not sure how big Spike will be on this whole baby decorating thing.”

Dawn turned around and bounced into the room and proceeded to bounce on their king size bed. Luckily it was one that didn’t really bounce people around and she felt the covers get pulled tighter to protect Buffy from being seen and shouted, “Bloody hell, little bit stop that! Can’t you see your sis is sleeping? What the hell time is it?”

She laughed and replied pausing in her jumping, “8 am. And Connor and I are both awake and we want to go shopping at 9 and you guys aren’t dressed and we are. Spike I’m still a little mad at you.”

Spike sighed feeling very guilty for abandoning Buffy and Dawn like he did. He was only trying to do what was best for them but in doing so, he realized he was being as bad as the wanker who left Buffy to begin with, “I’m sorry bit. I really am. I just thought you two were better off without me.”

Dawn whispered, “You really hurt her. Do you know when you disappeared to get your soul she cried then too?”

Spike shifted uncomfortably under Buffy not liking to remember that time. Dawn stated towards Spike in a serious tone, “I’m still upset you did that but she forgave you almost immediately. She took me to your place about 30 minutes after the deed happened. She apparently had forgiven you before I even learned about it.”

Dawn shrugged her shoulders ignoring his discomfort determined to get her peace said before she dropped the subject, “I don’t know if I could have forgiven you like that but it was probably complicated. Right now, I want us to be a family so I’m willing to try to forget it as long as you promise to always take good care of her and this baby. You can’t leave her. Everyone leaves us and Buffy needs you. Always has just probably didn’t realize it until recently.”

Dawn paused and then jumped one more time shouting, “Can we go shopping now?”

Buffy opened her eyes having listened to the whole thing but had given no sign that she was awake and whispered eagerly, “Shopping?”

She looked up at Spike and snuggled down a little further into the blankets but noticed he had covered her completely with only her head peeking through. She smiled at the gesture and repeated to Dawn, “Shopping?”

Dawn shouted loudly, “You said that already and yes shopping. I want to help you with the baby room while I’m here. Connor and I talked, actually.” She turned towards the doorway, “CONNOR COME HERE PLEASE!”

Connor hesitated at the door and Spike stated seeing the boy’s nervousness at the situation, “Mate you can come here just no peeking under blankets and stuff until me and the lady here get dressed.”

Buffy shrugged obviously not bothered as she explained, “I’m wearing a shirt and Spike is wearing pants. We are all covered.”

Connor didn’t say anything but came to stand next to Dawn and she continued, “Connor and I want to help with the baby room. Connor can move furniture and is great with his hands…err I should reword that.”

Spike growled and Dawn held up her hands in a mock surrender, “I don’t know about that! But anyway he can work with Spike on the heavy lifting to get the stuff in and out of the room and Buffy and I can paint and decorate! With that fancy force shield thing Buffy has going for her, she probably is pretty much invincible.”

Then Dawn sat on the edge of the bed for a moment as she asked, “Buffy, can we invite Willow tomorrow? I want her to run some tests and I’d like you guys to be here for it. I want to know if I still have key abilities and I want someone around in case I can’t control them and Connor wants to know exactly what he is other than super senses and super strength.”

Buffy nodded in agreement nervous about the outcome but figuring it was better to know than to be ignorant and have it bite her in the ass later on, “Make a deal with you two. You get out of my room allowing Spike and I to dress, you can make a call to Willow while Spike fixes breakfast and then we can go shopping for baby things, Spike and Connor can move the furniture up to the attic to make room for the stuff we buy and then we can buy paint and stuff to paint and decorate the room. Tomorrow we will have the furniture delivered and we can have dinner and a movie with Willow and Oz unless Oz is busy. Then on Tuesday we can go to a musical if you would like. Wednesday we can unpack furniture and do anything else you’d like in the baby room, then we can go out to lunch and really talk and stay home for the night and bond. Thursday, we didn’t decide but Friday we were planning to go to the club to see Oz’s band play. How’s that sound so far for plans?”

Dawn grinned with a huge nod of her head as she twisted her hands together in excitement at what was to come, “Sounds perfect.”

Connor smiled too knowing that any time Dawn got to spend with her sister made her happy. Connor wanted to spend some time bonding with Spike. He wanted to learn the ropes of relationships, the do’s and don’ts and he wanted to hear the rest of Spike’s life tale. It was pretty amazing. So Connor took Dawn’s arm guiding her from the room allowing the day to start once Buffy and Spike got dressed.