Author's Chapter Notes:
x3tinkerbell07 betaed this chapter for me.

Chapter 41: Questions That Need Answering



“Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.”
~ Anthony Robbins

“If we would have new knowledge, we must get a whole world of new questions.”
~ Susanne K. Langer


Spike stood back up and paced as he answered her questions, “First question, how it works. That will probably answer a lot of your questions. It’s done during sex first off. It has to be done with passion or it won’t work. It has to be mutual which means you have to accept the claim or again it won’t take. It should be reciprocated or it gets messy. It’s a deep bite. It’s a bite that never fades. Honestly I don’t know much about it other than that it’s a bite that tells any demon who gets close enough to the claimed party, that they belong to someone. Does that mean you won’t be bitten? No. Does that mean you will be attacked less? Probably not. Will others know you belong to me? Yes. Normal bites are just bites. Mating bites are powerful and forever. Humans probably won’t notice anything other than a bite on the side of your neck. Unless they are familiar with vampires they will probably just think you have either a birthmark or a scar. Either will probably work to explain it anyway. I think I got all your questions. Oh does it hurt? No probably not any more than my biting you when we have sex does. Now if you wanted to know things like effects, I’m not 100% sure. I know it’s like radar and sensing. What it exactly senses I’m not sure. If it’s more like a sire/child then where if I focus hard enough I can sense where Dru is and she could find me easy enough. Or it might be something more powerful that I can’t even begin to imagine. So the effects, your guess is as good as mine.”

Buffy nodded as she spoke just as determined as ever, “I still want to be claimed Spike. Will you claim me?”

Spike stopped pacing and looked into her eyes, “If when we make love next time, you still want to be claimed, then yes I will claim you but you must do it back. I don’t want a slave or a puppet. I want an equal partner with still as much spunk and life as you. In case you wanted to know, I will never sire you. So never ever ask me to do that. I won’t sire anyone. I never have, and never plan to. It’s that simple.”

Buffy nodded in agreement not wanting to be a vampire anyway, “This place is dead literally. Can we go home now?”

Spike nodded and together they walked hand-in-hand back home.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Spike quickly removed Buffy’s bra and showered her chest and breasts with kisses and nips causing her to cry out in pleasure. They had barely made it in the door when Buffy had removed her shirt and threw it at Spike, “I want you.”

Spike sucked her breasts into his mouth and quickly unbuckled her belt and let her skirt pool around her feet and lifted her up to remove it from her feet. She slipped off her shoes and used her fingers to wiggle out of her underwear. Spike growled seeing she was naked to his gaze and grabbed her clothes as she wrapped her legs around his waist allowing him to carry her up the stairs and into their bedroom.

He closed the door and then unbuckled his pants as Buffy pushed them down to pool at his feet. He dropped her clothes and left behind his pants as Buffy pulled up his shirt to toss it on the floor as well. Spike grabbed a shirt and pants for them later and tossed them onto the nightstand next to the bed. He laid down on his back before he lifted Buffy up until her junction was level with his mouth and he sucked her clit into his mouth causing Buffy to gasp and reach for the headboard to hold on while Spike drove his tongue deep into her hole to touch every part of her. She moaned and wiggled in his arms as he moved his finger to pump inside of her while he drove her crazy nibbling on her clit. She was just about to orgasm when he bit into her thigh to send her over the edge. She had never been bitten there before and it was a new experience and so intimate it drove her into a hard orgasm causing her to almost yell out his name until he clamped his hand over her mouth to prevent her.

She shudder in his arms and whispered, “I love you Spike. Please I want to be completely yours. Make love to me and make me yours.” Her eyes were wide and sure. The only emotion in them was love. There was no fear, no worry, and no nervousness; just pure passion and love.

Spike nodded and kissed her lowering her down until his erection was brushing against her clit. She moaned and whispered, “Now Spike, now.”

He kissed her even harder as he drove himself fully into her causing them both to shudder in pleasure. He knew with all this pleasure and passion filling both of them up, neither of them was going to last long but he wanted to draw this out as long as possible. He slowed his pace down and Buffy tried to force him to pick up the pace but he kissed her on the lips saying, “Just enjoy it for a few minutes, love.”

She relaxed at his words and their movements were gentler. They still moved in perfect sync and were still shuddering in pleasure but it was a different kind of pleasure. It was the pleasure of feeling complete. Buffy felt so full and whole that she had wondered how she had lived her life without him. Spike felt so warm and complete that he wondered how he got so lucky to have all his dreams come true.

Spike whispered against her lips feeling each movement drove him closer to her heart, “I love you Buffy. You sure you want to be mine?”

Buffy whispered, “I love you too, Spike and I’m already yours. Have been for a while, probably even before either of us realized it. You’ve been in my heart for so long and you’ve touched places no one else has ever touched. Please make it official.”

Spike felt her words fill him up and he kissed her and began to pick up the pace to drive her as wild as she was driving him. He wanted to be in every cell of her body, in every thought and in every breath. He wanted to be her one and only and since he couldn’t be that, he wanted to be her last. He wanted her to course through his veins and to be with him always. She met every pump with a pump of her own, every shudder of his was met by one of her own. Every gasp was from them both, every moan was from them both and every tear was shed by them both. She was so close and she felt him move his hand and rub her clit.

She shuddered and whispered, “Now Spike. Make me yours! Tell me what I have to do.”

Spike whispered, “Just accept when the time comes.”

He drove harder into her and she started to spasm and he bit into her jugular and pulled some blood into his mouth and stated in a passion filled voice, “Mine, Buffy Summers you are mine.”

He heard Buffy whisper, “Spike, William Pratt, yes I am yours. Always have been yours.”

Spike pulled a few more pulls of blood from her and then licked the wound closed and then drove into Buffy one last time, which sent him spiraling into orgasm as he roared whispered, “Buffy do the same to me. You have to do it back, love. Please.”

Buffy wasted no time in licking the spot on his neck and then biting down hard. She felt his blood pull into her mouth and it tasted salty and tangy but not bad. She was surprised but only swallowed a tiny bit before whispered against his skin, “You Spike, William Pratt, are mine now and forever.”

Spike answered immediately, “Oh yes Buffy. I’m always yours.”

She licked the wound and made a slight face and Spike chuckled and gave her a kiss, which mixed their blood further into their mouth. Buffy moaned as emotions from both of them flowed through her, “God will it always be like this?”

Spike smirked but enjoyed the feeling as well, “Yeah I imagine it will, love. It’s us after all. We went from hate to love. There’s such a fine line between hate and love because they are strong emotions. Now that we are totally and completely in love, I imagine we will be aggressively in love. It should be a fun ride, love. Don’t you agree?”

Buffy laughed thinking back on how passionate it was when they hated each other. Spike laughed as he saw the image too and Buffy asked, “What are you laughing about? I’ll share if you will?”

Spike laughed as he admitted, “Um pet, thinking about me and that image already shared it. I saw the whole image in your point of view fill in my head.”

Buffy looked curiously at him and he shook his head, “Nah doesn’t work like that. Can’t exactly read your thoughts per say well not clearly. At least I cant without knowing it. Here let me try on you.”

Buffy closed her eyes and felt an image fill her head of Spike looking between her legs and she hit him, “Gross! Keep that image to yourself. I never want to see myself that up close and personal.”

Spike chuckled, “I think it’s the most beautiful sight I’ve ever seen personally. Sorry you don’t agree.”

Buffy turned red and smacked him on the chest and tried to think really hard. Spike goes, “Holy shit. Did you do that?”

Buffy nodded, “What happened?”

Spike responded as his voice broke, “I had this unbelievable feeling of love and devotion. God it was powerful. You really feel that much love?”

Buffy smiled gently tracing a finger on his chest, “Probably more but it takes a lot of concentration to send feelings over there. I imagine when you are intensely feeling them they are easier.”

Buffy then let out a yawn and Spike kissed her gently, “We can play with this later. Right now we need sleep. Lift up your arms baby.”

She lifted her arms and he pulled the silky shirt over her head and then wiggled his pants on. Buffy curled up next to him and hugged him tight, loving the way his arms felt around her. She felt an intense emotion of completeness and safely and smiled, “I think I’ll sleep better feeling your emotions with mine.”

Spike agreed with a slight nod in his head, “I had no idea you felt so safe in my arms, or that I could keep you warm and protected or that you felt so strongly for me.”

Buffy smiled letting out another yawn, “The feeling is mutual. Let’s sleep.”

Spike glanced one more time at the almost sleeping Buffy as he closed his eyes letting the feelings from Buffy flow over him and listening to the quiet murmur of Buffy’s slow beating heart compared to the fast beating heart of their baby.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Connor whispered to Dawn, “Your spell dampener must work great because we haven’t heard your sister and her guy at all and I can tell by how they wake up, that they were busy the night before.”

Dawn giggled, “Yeah I know. Thank Willow for teaching me that back when Spike used to stay over and when all those girls used to live with us. Some snored and I would do dampening spells to at least help with that. It wasn’t perfect but it did help.”

Connor smiled and Dawn leaned over and gave him a gentle kiss. Usually they were careful and stayed on their sides of the bed but tonight she wanted to experience something new from him. She was turning 19 soon. He was 20 and they were more than ready. She knew that sometimes it only takes a few minutes to know when a guy is perfect and other times a lifetime isn’t enough. She didn’t want to wait and be fools in love for years like Spike and Buffy. It seemed to work out okay in the end but damn all the horrors they went through to get there.

They went through abuse of each other, almost killing each other, to hatred of each other, to sneaking around, violent sex, almost rape, to finally settle into a relationship only to have each die. She whispered to Connor, “Connor, I don’t want to be like Spike and Buffy and waste years being apart.”

Connor looked at her, “What do you mean?”

Dawn blushed, “I don’t mean sex yet or anything but can I touch you and you touch me? We sleep day after day together on the same bed listening to each other breathe but never touch. The most we have shared is a gentle kiss. Do you think that means there’s no passion between us?”

Connor looked down at the blankets over him, “I do want you Dawn but we aren’t ready for that.”

Dawn scooted over to his side of the bed and whispered, “Will you at least touch me a little?”

Connor whispered, “Where?”

Dawn figured she would take the initiative seeing how in only two days Connor would be going back to L.A. He applied to go to school in England but he hadn’t heard back yet and Dawn figured it would be too late to transfer seeing how it’s mid-semester but perhaps for the fall. They had 3 months until the end of the school year and Connor had promised to come and spend the summer with her and try to get into a school near her by fall.

She looked into his eyes and saw nervousness so she lifted his arms and snuggled in between them so they were both lying on their sides. He immediately brought down his arm around her waist and pulled her close then pulls back, “Um, will it bother you if you feel me because if so this isn’t a good idea.”

Dawn shrugged and pulled him close and closed her eyes, “It’s fine. Just get comfortable so we can sleep like this.”

Connor smiled at her and without thinking placed a kiss into her hair. She smiled and whispered, “Thank you Connor.”

He whispered a gentle, “Anytime Dawn. Let’s sleep now.”

Both of them closed their eyes and allowed the warmth of the partner lure them to sleep.


Chapter End Notes:
This is the last one betaed for now!