Author's Chapter Notes:
x3tinkerbell07 took the time to beta this chapter. Thanks!

Chapter 47: What now?



“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. “
~ Carl Bard

“You must be strong now. You must never give up. And when people make you cry and you are afraid of the dark, don’t forget the light is always there.”
~ Unknown


Later that night, Illyria was taken with Willow back to the Coven to decide what was best for her and if it was okay that she stayed in Vegas. They had made it back in time to see Oz perform and they had all enjoyed clubbing.

Connor and Dawn had danced the night away knowing in the morning they would have to return to England and knowing that the following day Connor would return to the last three months of school. Anya and Xander were excited the world wasn’t about to end and had gone home to “have many orgasms as a celebration”.

Buffy lay snuggled up against Spike sleepy after their night of lovemaking. Spike looked at Buffy and asked, “Do you think this will be how we spend the rest of our existence?”

Buffy giggled, “Eating, drinking, sucking, making love, saving the world and still having the time to relax and enjoy a good snuggle? God I hope so.”

Spike smiled and put his hand on Buffy’s stomach, “We are officially a family. You’re my mate, my love, and the mother of my soon-to-be child.”

Buffy laughed feeling giddy, “Seven more months until I’m old and a mother. Seven more months to get fat and ugly and have you fall out of my love with me and leave me.”

Spike sucked on her claim mark whispering against her skin, “Feel this? It means I will never leave your side. You, Buffy Summers, are stuck with me until the day you are removed from this world and even then I’ll find a way to go to Heaven with you. I will never leave your side, we are literally soul mates. Do you realize in order to be able to do what we can do, I mean the whole bloody talking in our head thing. That means we are literally meant to be together and even the powers-that-be knew that which is why we are the creators of the next warriors. We Buffy will always be together. That bother you, pet?”

Buffy shook her head and gave him a kiss, “No that makes me the happiest girl in the world.”


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@


One year later

Buffy stood on the porch rocking Joyce Anne in her arms. Joyce had been Buffy’s mother’s name and Spike had suggested that. Buffy in turn had suggested Anne to be the middle name which combined both Buffy’s and Spike’s mother’s name. Spike had smiled at the fact that Buffy cared enough to ensure both their mother’s were represented.

She looked down at the sleeping Joyce in her arms as she found herself remembering back to their wedding day about 7 months ago.

Buffy stood before Spike dressed in a long white wedding gown. They were in their back yard, which had been decorated with white lilies and white roses. Mixed in the white flowers were tiny purple flowers that matched the color of her bridesmaid’s dresses.

Dawn was her maid of honor and Connor was Spike’s best man. Since Dawn was Buffy’s family and Connor was Spike’s it had worked out nicely. Giles was able to walk Buffy down the aisle, which made Buffy very happy.

In attendance was Willow, Oz, the Coven, Anya, Xander, Giles of course with his girlfriend, Sarah and Illyria, Spike was wearing a white tux and looked devilishly handsome. Haven was performing the ceremony and called it a hand-fasting/wedding. She would do the traditional vows and also use a rope to bind the two souls together to make their claim even stronger if that was even possible. Buffy had chosen to write her own vows.

“I love you Spike. Years ago when I first saw you enter that high school, you ruined my dress and the parent’s conference I had worked so hard to create. Even then as I was fighting for my life, I couldn’t help but notice how sexy and handsome you were. You turned me on even when you were about to drain me dry. Every step I made in this world, had brought me one step closer to you. I knew that three years ago but do you think I would have admitted it? No, of course not because I’m stubborn but here we are today. I wouldn’t change anything from my past, not even the things I regret if it would mean I wouldn’t end up here with you today. You’re my life Spike. You’re my strength, my weakness and the one who makes me who I am. I would be dead without you. You saved me. Thank you.”

She smiled as she remembered Spike’s vows to her.

“I can’t imagine my life without you Buffy. I spent over 120 years with someone who never loved me. I thought that was my life and my destiny but little did I know, it was slowly preparing me for you. Dru always knew I wasn’t hers. Her actions showed it and she had made me for you. Every step that had happened to me, being tortured by Angel, fighting against you, the chip, as well as being obsessed with slayers, it has all brought me to being with you today. Sure it took you a long time to admit you loved me but I didn’t mind waiting. I could have waited forever to be with you. Now, we have forever Buffy. I will never leave your side, never leave you in pain or hurt, I will always find you and I will always care for you. I might not be able to give you the world but I can promise you that no one in this world could love you more than I could. I love you Buffy Summers. Thank you for loving me back and making me the happiest vampire in the world. Dreams really can come true and you have shown me that.”

Buffy sighed as Spike joined her on the porch wrapping his arm around her smiling down at their sleeping baby. Sometimes life was just perfect even if it took a long time to get that way.