Author's Chapter Notes:
*giggles* I like this chapter. Although you are going to throw things at me... I love this chapter. = ) *HUGS FOR ALL MY READERS* Please don't throw things at me...
After their morning oral sexcapades, they individually showered. When they were both done, Spike brought Buffy to the kitchen, via piggy-back ride as she giggled and swatted his chest. "Put me down, you weirdo! I'm fully capable of walking you know." She told him while swinging her legs at his sides.

"I know."

"So what is your reason for carrying me then?

"I don't know, felt like it."

"That's a dumb reason."

"Oh really?"

"Yes. Put me down already."

"Make me."

"Fine" She lowered her mouth to his shoulder and bite down on his shoulder, not enough to really hurt him but enough to sting.

"Ouch! That hurt!" He whined and let her down.

"Baby."

"Jerk."

"I'm a female. That work doesn't apply to me."

"And how do you figure that, luv?"

"Because jerk is such a male word. I have never heard of a girl being called a jerk."

"Well now you have." He smiled and turned to her so he could put his hands on her waist. "What do you want for breakfast? I have eggs, bacon, toast, the works."

She tilted her head upward and thought about it for a moment. She tapped her finger to her chin then gasped in realization. "Ohh! I know! Waffles. But not just any ordinary waffles. I want strawberries and chocolate sauce and whipped cream and icing sugar on top." She smiled and shrugged her shoulders at his confused face. "You asked me what I wanted. But since the look on your face tells me that you don't have those things right now, I will settle for a... Cheese omelet?"

"That I can do. To drink?"

"Surprise me... Loser-face." She stuck her tongue out at him then ran into the living room, diving onto the couch in a fit of giggles.

"Oi! That was uncalled for, luv. I think I might have to retaliate." He called to her from the kitchen.

"You wish, mister." She hollered back then flipped on the T.V, settling down to enjoy her breakfast, a morning cartoon, and the presence of Spike.
________________________

She was having so much fun. They hung out all day and just relaxed and did some verbal sparring. He was taking her to the movies, he was gone to get some popcorn as she sat in her seat and watched the trailers.

She was surprised at how comfortable they were with each other. She knew she could trust Spike with almost anything. When she thought about him, she would get this look on her face. Not just any it was the look. The one that says 'I-falling-in-love-with-a-total-sweetheart'.

She was happy and yet totally frightened. She gave her heart out to someone already and they broke it... Twice. She didn't know if she was ready to let Spike in, not sure if she could trust him with the most fragile part of her yet. He hadn't really asked her to be his girlfriend so she didn't really know what he wanted from her. She thought back to see if he mentioned anything about relationships to her. 'What was it he said? I think it was "If you want to have a go at a relationship, I'm fine with that."... How ambiguous.' She frowned a little at the thought as she stared up at the big screen ahead of her.
~~~~~
He was standing in line, thinking about everything that went on today. He had totally fallen for her. Everything about her made him feel like he was on fire as he danced in the flames. The way she made him feel was amazing and unlike anything he had ever felt for another person. It was all new and very exciting.

Although she had never told him, he knew she was afraid of commitment, scared to let anyone into her heart and give them the chance to break it on her again. He wanted nothing more than to find this Angel guy and rip his throat out for ever hurting his angel. Almost ruining her heart, which he so desperately wanted to hold. All he could do was be patient and wait for her to let him into her heart.

He mentioned a relationship to her once, but it was like she totally ignored it. She didn't say anything to him about it and that upset him.

With a slight frown on his face, he headed back toward the darkened room that she was in. Thinking of a good way to bring the relationship topic up again. Without her pushing him away because of it.
________________________

They both sat silently in his car as he drove her to the hotel. They were lost in their thoughts about the other and what was to come of their relationship after the trip to Sunnydale.

"Guess this is my stop." Buffy said as he pulled into the parking lot.

"Guess so." He sighed and put the car in park.

'When did things get so awkward between us?' They both thought to themselves.

"Look, I--"
"You go first."
"No, you." They both said at the same time.

"That was weird." Buffy smiled awkwardly and played with her hands on her lap. "You go first. I insist."

"Well two things. One, I picked up our tickets for the day after tomorrow. So you should go and start packing what you want to bring with you. And two--"

Her eyes widened and she nodded her head. She had so many confused feelings going on inside her she just wanted to bolt. Thinking about her parents on top of how he might feel for her was too much. "Okay, I will." Buffy said quickly then opened her car door and stepped out onto the pavement. "It's late Spike, I should go--"

"No, Buffy. Wait a few more minutes, please."

"I really can't. I'm tired and it's late. Raincheck on the convo for tomorrow?" She waited for him to reply. When he nodded she gave him a small smile. "I will call you tomorrow. Goodnight, Spike." She shut the door and ran up the stairs to her room, quickly letting herself in and locking the door behind her.

She didn't feel ready to go back to her parents house yet. She knew going there was only going to open more wounds and upset her. She didn't know if she even had Spike to be there for her afterwards, so she was terrified. Millions of questions where swimming around her mind. Her parents, Angel, Spike.

Feeling a little overwhelmed, she sighed and went to lay on her bed. She thought a couple of things through in her mind as she stared up at the ceiling. What was going to happen when she landed in Sunnydale? What would happen if she and Spike ran into Angel? What did Spike expect from her? She started to plan for the worst for all of the situations.

She had ran away from Spike, and now, all she wanted was to curl up in his arms and feel safe, protected and warm again.

She sat up and ran her hand through her hair. It hadn't been too long since Spike left and she really wanted to see him. Instead of picking up the phone to call, she put her jacket back on and ran out of the door.
________________________
He stepped into the elevator and pushed the third floor button, still thinking about how oddly Buffy had behaved when she got out of the car. He wanted to run after her but he didn't understand where he really stood with her anymore. So he decided to just go home and call her once he settled into bed.

'Why are you so confused, mate? You love her, she likes you... Go for it, you git!' He thought to himself as he unlocked his door, let himself into the apartment and took off his duster. War still going on in his mind, he walked to his room and got undressed and slid under his sheets. The bed still feels warm, almost as if Buffy never left. He smiled and slid his arm out to where she had slept the night before.

"What the... Harmony?!" He hollered and jumped out of his bed, sheets wrapped around his waist and uncovering a very naked Harmony.

"Hey, Spikey." She said in a tone that would only sound seductive to herself while running her hands up her waist to cup her breasts. "Miss me?"


Chapter End Notes:
*hides behind Spike shaped sheild* I'm sorry! I had to!! It's all part of the plan!! Please, feel free to yell at me in reviews!! I don't mind, promise! *hugs and smoochies* I just edited this chapter again for the second time, not much to edit but I realised that it is once again, a short chapter. I apologise. I will try to make the next one longer for you. Thanks for reading!