Author's Chapter Notes:
2 chapters in one night! I'm on a roll guys! Thanks to my readers (specially beta's, reviewers and xaphania for the banner) Without you guys, I probably wouldn;t have posted anything. You fuys are all great!
He had been looking for her for three days now. Three long, lonely days. He tried everything! Tried looking in other hotels, her old shack, abandoned buildings, even parks. She was no where to be found. He was starting to dread what could have happened. Is she dead? Is she dead in some ditch somewhere or a 'Jane Doe' in a morgue? Did she leave the city? Did she resume her search for that Angel ponce? 'Where the bloody hell is she? I'm going insane without her.' he thought to himself as he checked her old shack again.

Empty. He sighed and slid down the brick wall across from the door. He ran his hands through his hair and groaned. He wanted to make things right again. He didn't want to loose her.

He was sitting there for a good ten minutes before he heard it. The faint sound of a guitar and a beautiful tune. Hoping it might be her, he took off running toward the source of the sound.

Its how he met her, maybe her music will bring them together again.

________________________

She had been avoiding him. She had seen him a couple times, and it always had the same effect. She would feel a sharp pain in her stomach and then run inside or behind a building to stay out of his sight.

She knew she could leave the city itself, but it was home to her now. She wanted to be here and she was used to it. She would just have to live there and avoid him as best as she could.

She was feeling a little bit better today, three days after running away from the man she thought she could trust. Away from the second man she gave her heart to. Deciding she needed more money to feed herself, she picked up her guitar and walked to the park.

It was her favorite park, under her favorite tree with her favorite guitar. She plopped down under the tree and extracted the guitar from its case, leaving it open so people could drop their money in. She was going to start with her usual beginning song, but decided she wanted to play her new one. She took the pick out from between the strings and took a deep breath. This song was all about what had happened three days ago.

She took another deep breath to calm her belly and started to pluck the strings as she began the song. 'Here goes nothing...'

~~~~~

It was the same park. He remembered it like it was yesterday. Quickly running to where he found her, he saw her. Her eyes were closed as the song began. She looked like she could play the song backward and forward. He sat down on the ledge, turned slightly toward her and listened to the song. Using all of his willpower to stop himself from scooping her up in his arms and peppering kisses all over her face.

~~~~~

Say you're sorry
That face of an angel
Comes out just when you need it to
As I paced back and forth all this time
Cause I honestly believed in you
Holding on
The days drag on
Stupid girl,
I should have known, I should have known


She felt him there, his eyes boring into her as she sang her song. She wanted to run, but she wanted him to know how much he had hurt her as well. She chose to keep her eyes out as she sang the song, knowing that if she looked at him, she would cry.

When he heard the first line, he knew she was singing about that ponce. 'Looks like she really was fine about you with Harmony, mate. She doesn't want you. Might as well leave her alone...' His thoughts were cut off as he heard the chorus. He knew then that she wasn't singing about Angel. She was singing about him.

I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet,
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town,
I was hopeful before you went and let me down
Now it's too late for you
And your white horse, to come around

Baby I was naive,
Got lost in your blue eyes
And never really had a chance
My mistake, I didn't wanna be in love
You had to fight to get me to hang around
I had so many dreams
About you and me
Happy endings
Now I know


He was really hating himself. He could practically feel the emotion pouring out of her in waves. He really hurt her. How would he gain her trust back again? How could he make things right between them again? Wishing he knew what to do, he went on listening to her beautiful voice.

I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet,
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town,
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now it's too late for you
And your white horse, to come around


She decided to open her eyes. Bracing herself for the hurt so she could look him in the eyes as she sang the rest of the song. Hoping that it would drive the point home. She didn't want to be with him anymore. She didn't want to risk the pain anymore.

He was shocked when she looked right at him. She knew he was there all along, she knew that he knew the song was about him. He looked longingly at her, hoping that she would see the pain he felt that he had hurt her in such a way. He never wanted to be the cause of that pain.

And there you were on your knees,
Begging me for forgiveness, begging for me
Just like I thought you would, but you're not sorry

Cause I'm not your princess, this ain't a fairytale
I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well
This is a big world, this is just one town
You're in my past, yet still hurting me now
And its too late for you and your white horse
Now its too late for you and your white horse, to catch me now

Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa
Try and catch me now
Oh, it's too late
To catch me now


A single tear ran down her cheek as she went on looking into his beautiful eyes. She quickly wiped it away and put her guitar in the case on top of the change. She closed the case and stood up. She looked at him again in a silent plea for him not to say anything and started to walk away.

"I won't give up on us, Buffy." He said to her retreating back, smiling when he saw her step falter.


Chapter End Notes:
If you are unaware... The song Buffy sings is Taylor Swift's 'White Horse'. I changed the lyrics a bit to fit the story better but not much changes. I used it because I thoought it was very fitting with what went on in the previous chapter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgvRbKrAk_w