Author's Chapter Notes:
I think what Spike does is incredibly sweet! If any guy, expecially Spike, were to do this for me.. I would swoon and then die on the spot!
Buffy ignored the cackling laughter of both girls as she ripped the piece of paper off the tree and read it...

Begging for forgiveness, Begging for you... I'm so sorry

Buffy. If you are holding this piece of paper, don't throw it away. Please read what I have to say. I want things to go back to the way they were before. I want us to be comfortable around each other and I want to have long talks on the phone before bed. I want to argue with you and I want to laugh with you. I want to prove to you that I want you and not that bitch. Please... Please come to your favorite tree across from the fountain today at 4:00 and listen to what I have to say.

Be my princess?

Spike


As tears formed before her eyes, she traced Spike's signature. He was trying so hard, and she wasn't going to let another chance slip by. She wanted things to go back to the way they were before but she was also very scared that something would happen. She wanted to trust Spike again, but she just couldn't yet. Maybe given time, she will.

She looked at the flyer again and noticed the time. It said to be there at 4:00. "Shit!" She said loudly and took off in a run. She didn't want to be late, but it was already 3:55. She would never make it in time. 'Hopefully Spike will wait for me to show up.'

As she rounded the corner on the street that led to the park, she heard an electric guitar and some faint words, getting louder as she got closer.


This is the story of a girl,
Who cried a river and drowned the whole world
And while she looked so sad and lonely there
I absolutely love her
When she smiles...


She finally made it, missing only the beginning of the song. She parted her way through the crowd and stood in the front. She didn't smile, she didn't frown, she didn't cry. She just stood there stoically, not wanting Spike to know what she would do until the end of the song.

He finally saw her running toward them at full speed. He watched her part through the crowd and stand in front of him with no expression on her face. It unnerved him. He almost stopped playing and gave up, but something told him to keep going, to give her the chance to listen to his song and then listen to his words. So he went on, smiling down at her like she was his own personal Godsend.

Some people took notice of his beaming smile and looked at the girl in question. Some people 'awed' and some people clapped that she had chosen to come. Either way, the two lovebirds were noticed.

How many days in a year?
She woke up with hope but she only found tears.
And he can be so insincere,
Making her promises never for real!
As long as she stands there waiting,
Wearing the holes in the soles of her shoes!
How many days disappear?
When you look in the mirror so how do you choose?
Your clothes never wear as well the next day,
And your hair never falls in quite the same way-
But you never seem to run out of things to say...

This is the story of a girl
Who cried a river and drowned the whole world
And while she looks so sad and lonely there
I absolutely love her
When she smiles...


Her stoic expression faltered a bit, as he sang about his love for her. She was not expecting a song about love. Possibly about a small liking... A crush maybe, but not love. As realization hit her that she was loved in return, she gasped a little then giggled. Her facade ruined, she beamed up at him with a smile of her own and swayed to the music.

'Could he be any hotter? Listen to that voice! Its like silk! And look at those hands! Very skilled, in more ways than one!' Buffy thought and giggled to herself at her own pun. She watched him as he got more into the song, never taking his eyes off of her unless he was looking at his guitar.

How many lovers would wait?
Just to put of with his shit day after day!
How did we wind up this way?
Watching our mouths for the words that we say.
As long as she stand here waiting,
Wearing the clothes of the souls that we choose!
How do you get there today?
When you're walking to far for the price of your shoes!
Your clothes never wear as well the next day,
And your hair never falls in quite the same way-
But you never seem to run out of things to say!...

This is the story of a girl
Who cried a river and drowned the whole world
And while she looks so sad and lonely there
I absolutely love her
When she smiles...


She loved that he was trying to compete with Angel. Trying to show her that although he made one mistake, Angel had made many. Their relationship was easier and more fun than her angst filled, melodramatic relationship with Angel. She had told him a lot of mean things that he did and promises that he had broke and Spike had expressed a clear warning that if he had ever met Angel, he would do some very violent things to him.

Your clothes never wear as well the next day,
And your hair never falls in quite the same way-
But you never seem to run out of things to say...
This is the story of a girl,
Who cried a river and drowned the whole world!
And while she looks so sad and lonely there
I absolutely love her-

This is the story of a girl;
Her pretty smile she hid from the world!
And while she looks so sad and lonely there,
I absolutely love her,...


No competition! Angel would never even dream of doing this for her, when she had done it a lot of times for him at school talent shows or coffee houses on open mic night. She knew Spike was the one she wanted to be with, she had known for a while now. But seeing him up there singing his heart out for her just made it stronger.

She stepped up onto the curb and walked closer to Spike, standing beside him as he played the last verse.

This is the story of my (He paused and pointed to Buffy)girl!
Who cried a river and drowned the whole world!
And while she looks so sad and lonely there
I absolutely love her,
When she smiles...
When she smiles...


As soon as he was done the end of the song, he pulled Buffy flush against him and kissed her passionately as the small group of onlookers clapped and hooted at them.

He brushed another chaste kiss on the tip of her nose and looked into her eyes. "I do love you, just so you know. And I want to make things right between us. Will you let me explain to you? Please?"

"No. Spike," When she saw his shoulders slump and a heartbreaking look on his face appear, she knew that he was innocent. She knew that he loved her. She knew she had to take him back. She lifted his chin to look at her and she kissed him sweetly on his lips. "You don't have to explain because I already believe you. You wouldn't have gone through all of this trouble, if I could prove you guilty, right?"

"No. Buffy. I wouldn't have. I promise you, no one but you has touched me since I met you. But I will still explain, if you want me to. I dont want to give you a reason not to trust me ever, ever again."

She smiled at him brightly which caused him to smile in turn. It started to rain and they both looked up into the sky. With both of their faces and clothes wet, she looked back at Spike and whispered: "Take me to your house Spike. Take me home."

He nodded vigorously and started to pack up. Buffy helped him, picking up his guitar case as he carried the portable amp. They walked hand in hand to his car. He popped the truck and placed his stuff inside then closed it. He turned to her and raised his hand to push a strand of wet hair behind her ear. He leaned forward and pressed a lingering kiss to her forehead as he pulled her into another hug. "I love you, Buffy."

She looked up at him and smiled sweetly, placing her hand on his cheek. "I love you too, William."

At that moment, he couldn't have been happier. He loved and was finally loved in return. If it was possible, he fell even more in love with her, as his heart filled with joy.


Chapter End Notes:
I want to thank everyone for all of the reviews and PaganBaby for making little corrections in my chapters! I love you!! Ohh and I have another announcement. For hot group sex, read CallMeKitten's Good Beer Green. For sexy BDSM fun, read CallMeKitten's Pushed Too Far W.I.P!! I like to endnote pimp and I will probably pimp some more stories in the future!!