Author's Chapter Notes:
Once again, thank you to Kitten for beta'ing and being WONDERFUL at it. Thank you to all my reviewers and my readers. You guys are the best. I'm really glad you are enjoying my fic! *hugs for all*
Buffy was so dreading this part. She didn't want to knock on that door. She hated every step that Spike pushed her to take. She hated the calming words he was whispering as he pushed her along. The familiarity of the house, the smell of the flowers, she hated it all. Soon enough, she was standing outside the front door and raising her hand to the knocker. "Spike, I can't do this. It's been almost 8 months since I last talked to them. Can I just show up on their doorstep like nothing happened?" She asked and turned to snuggle into his chest.
 
"It wont be like nothing happened. You will confront them. You will tell them that you are and were unhappy with their parenting. You will let them have it, Buffy," He told her as he smoothed out her hair and kissed her fore head. "Tell them everything you never said before. I will be here with you," he promised, and then put his hands on her shoulders and turned her around. "Now knock."
 
She took a deep breath, then nodded. She raised her hand to the knocker and banged it against the door three times. She was only half surprised when Fred answered the door. Fred was Buffy's favorite maid when she lived there, so she figured her father would have fired her. But no, the tall, skinny brunette answered the door and gasped in surprise and happiness when she saw that Buffy was on the other side. "Oh my... Buffy! It's so good to see you, honey! How are you?" She smiled and pulled her into a bear hug.
 
"Fred, I have missed you so much! I’m doing great actually." She hugged Fred back and then pulled away. Fred cleared her throat and motioned toward Spike, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, sorry! Fred, this is Spike. Spike, Fred." She introduced, motioning between them with a smile.
 
"Nice to meet you, Fred." He smiled and shook her dainty hand. He liked this girl; obviously she and Buffy were close so that made her good in Spike's books.
 
"You too, Spike. I'm assuming that you are her new boyfriend?"
 
"Yup, he's my man," Buffy giggled and linked their arms together.
 
"So, just drop by for a visit with an old pal, or is there something you need?" Fred asked after she admired the gorgeous couple in front of her.
 
"I was hoping to catch my parents..." Buffy said and turned around to look for their car, any sign to indicate that they were home. Seeing nothing, Buffy turned around with a big smile on her face. "But I see they are not here. Well, great catching up with you Fred. I will try to keep in touch! Bye!" She said quickly and tried to pull away, only to be stopped by the very sturdy Spike.
 
"Not so fast, luv. We are here for a reason, remember?" Spike told her, holding her in place.
 
"Fine." She grumbled and looked back at Fred. "So, can I see them?"
 
"Uhhh... Buffy, I thought you knew. Your parents don't live here anymore. This is the Wyndam-Price residence now," Fred blushed and Buffy noticed. "Your parents moved out about two months after you left."
 
"Couldn't bear the memory of me in the house, huh?" She questioned dryly, adding an eye roll for effect.
 
"No, Buffy. They didn’t move out by choice. They were kicked out." Fred started to fiddle with her apron, not wanting to deliver the bad news.
 
Buffy was actually shocked by that. Her parents... kicked out? Not possible, her family was the most powerful and the richest, next to the Mayor. "Someone showed up with more money and an eye for this house? I like these people already." Buffy smiled and leaned up to kiss Spike's cheek.
 
"Not that either. I think you should go talk to your parents, honey. Here, let me get you the address." Fred disappeared from the door for a couple of moments and reappeared just as quick with a pad of paper and pen. She scribbled the address down quickly and ripped the piece of paper from the pad. "Here ya' go. Do you need directions?"
 
Buffy read the address and then burst into a fit of giggles. "Nope. I can manage! I know how to get there like the back of my hand. Thanks Fred. I have some parents to visit." She hugged Fred quickly as they said their final goodbyes, then set off to find her parents, eagerly tugging Spike along.
 
"Buffy... What's gotten in to you? A few moments ago you were dreading it, and now you are all... happy. It's bloody confusin'." He asked as he opened her car door for her.

She waited until Spike got in on his side before she answered, still grinning from ear to ear. "Well, it seems that my parents had some financial problems. They are currently living in the Sunnydale trailer park. I think it’s a huge laughing matter." She turned to him and took his hand in hers. "Don't you?"
 
Spike chuckled and gave her hand a squeeze. "Yeah. It is pretty damn funny, pet."

Buffy turned up the radio, willingly listening and singing along to some Sex Pistols as she gave the directions to Angel's old trailer park.
 
~~~~~
 
The car ride was filled with laughter and songs. Buffy couldn't remember a time when she was actually thrilled to see her parents. Not since she was a young kid anyway.

Buffy got out and opened the creaky gate for Spike to get his car through, then closed it and got back in the car. She had already had the address memorized, so she told him the street name and trailer number as soon as she buckled herself in.
 
Pulling into the vacant driveway, Buffy wasn't surprised to see that they also didn't have a car. She looked at the rusty, disheveled trailer and couldn't help but laugh a little bit more. 'I expected something a little more classy, but I guess they haven't been living much better than me these days!' she thought to herself before pulling Spike up to the door.
 
"You ready for this?" She asked him and raised her fist to the almost-falling-off door.

Before she could knock, Spike stopped her. "Buffy, I don't think you should rub it in their face. This is a hard time for them and maybe..."
 
Buffy scoffed and pounded on the door anyway. "I won't show them sympathy when she didn't show me any."
 
Spike had to admit, she had a point. But he wanted to tell her that she shouldn't stoop to their level. He was about to tell her just that when an older looking lady opened the door. Her hair was frizzy and her eyes were sad. Along with her sad eyes, one looked nasty and blackened. He was guessing it was Buffy's...
 
"Hello, mother."
 
'Well... that was cold.' Spike thought to himself as he waited for her mother's reply.
 
Joyce took a step back and covered her mouth. She thought she would never see Buffy again. No, she was certain she wouldn't. All Joyce could say was a simple...
 
"Buffy?!"


Chapter End Notes:
Leave me something pretty... I always respond! = )