Author's Chapter Notes:
Another wonderful thanks to PaganBaby and CallMeKitten for awesome beta work. You lady's are wicked awesome. Thanks to Xaphania for the beautiful banner again. And thanks to all my readers, reviewers and supporters! You are all awesome. Here is the chapter, hope you enjoy!!
"Buffy!" He called out and tackled her father around the middle. Successfully getting him to drop Buffy from his grasp.

He was seeing red.

Hank was going to pay.


Spike was now on top of Hank, straddling his chest, one hand round his neck and the other in a cocked back fist. “What the bloody hell do you think you are doing?” he asked and slammed his fist down against Hank’s nose.

Buffy squealed and crawled away from the violence. She was still crying and clutching her throat trying to sooth the pain. Joyce was just standing there, in a daze, watching everything happening. She couldn't move, couldn't talk, couldn't think. It was like her body just pulled within itself as she watched everything transpire.

"Who the hell do you think you are? Hurting my girl like that?” Spike hollered in Hank's face. He punched him again and blood started pouring out of his nose.

"I'm the girl’s father, you should respect me! I was giving her what she deserves! She is nothing but a dim-witted cheerleader who likes to sleep with filth like you!” Hank hollered back, clutching at Spike's hand around his neck as the grip tightened.

"You better fuckin' take that back! You will never know how great Buffy is, you useless piece of shit!” Spike stood up and pulled Hank up along with him, steadying him when he swayed. “You would know how great she is,” punch to the face. “If you would have paid more,” knee to the stomach. “Bloody attention to her! She is your,” elbow to the chin. “Daughter for Christ's sake!”

Spike took a step back and Hank collapsed to the floor. He took it pretty bad; black eye that was similar to Joyce's, busted and bloody nose, split lip, and at least one cracked rib as Spike landed a kick while Hank was down. “How does it feel to be the victim?” Spike asked sarcastically, not really caring for the answer.

He turned around to Buffy and took a step forward. “Buffy...” His heart sunk when he reached out to touch her and she flinched. 'Great, you big git! You made her come here and look what happens! I wouldn't be surprised if she leaves you.' he thought to himself as he kneeled down to be at eye level with his broken girl. “Buffy, luv, I'm not going to hurt you. I would never hurt you,” he promised. He moved toward her more slowly and took her in his arms. “There, now see? I love you. I won't let anything happen to you again, you hear me? I'm going to protect you no matter what.”

Hank stirred, trying to push himself up but he crumpled back to the floor with a bitter laugh. “You really think she could love you, boy? She still loves that Angel guy.” Hank coughed a bit and spit out some blood onto the ratty rug on the floor. “She will never love you.”

"Shut your gob!” Spike shouted and brushed some of Buffy's hair out of her face. “Let's get out of here, pet, get you fixed up.” He stood up and put one arm under her neck and one under neath her knees, cradling her to his chest as he made his way over to the door.

He stopped and turned around to Joyce, looking at her for a minute as she just stood there looking at her beaten husband. “Oi, Joyce. You wanna hitch a ride?” he asked her in a loud but caring voice trying not to frighten her.

She turned around and looked at Spike, giving him a nod she went to her room and packed up some things. She came back out with a black duffel bag and dropped it in front of the door then walked back over to Hank.

She dropped down beside him and gave him a shake. “Hey, you awake?” she asked. When she heard him grunt a muffled 'yeah', she fisted a bunch of his hair in her hand and lifted his head up a bit. Enough so he could look at her with his eye that wasn't swollen. “Good. I wanted to tell you something. I'm done. I'm through being your punching bag. I’m leaving you. As of this moment I am no longer your wife. You will get the divorce papers in the mail and I expect you to sign them and send them to my lawyer. See you in hell, asshole.” She spat on him and stood up.

She walked a couple of steps then stopped and tilted her head in thought. 'After all the years he did it to you, why the hell not?' She thought and turned back around, took the couple of steps closer to him then swiftly kicked him in the gut. He cringed and curled into a ball, coughing.

As of that moment, she was finally free. Not what was she going to do with said freedom?

With a look of confusion mixed with fear, she walked out of the trailer door and never looked back.

~~~~~***

*BACK AT THE HOTEL*

Buffy wanted to take a shower as soon as she had gotten inside the door. She ran from Spike's side and went straight to the bathroom, closing and locking the door. Buffy and Joyce had gotten into another fight inside the car. Joyce was trying to make amends and trying to be in Buffy's life again, but Buffy wanted nothing to do with her. She had had enough of the heartbreak from her mother. Now that she was on her own and doing fine, she didn't want her mother to finally try and be a mother. She should have thought about that when Buffy was a child, instead of a woman.

Joyce sat her duffel bag down and sat at the edge of the queen size bed. She didn't know exactly what to say to the man that had pretty much saved her from torment for the rest of her life. Thank you was not enough, but it was all she could give him.

Joyce turned toward the bathroom door when she heard the taps turn on and sighed. “She will come around, you know? Now that you want to try, she will be curious.” Spike said, trying to comfort the lady.

"I don't know. I have done some pretty awful stuff to her in the past. Neglect, emotional abuse. I never laid a hand on her though.” She frowned and looked up at her daughter’s boyfriend. “Thank you. For everything. Saving Buffy and me and taking care of her. I will never forget that.” She smiled and picked up her duffel bag. “Well, I best be off, get out of your hair.” She walked towards the door and turned around again. “Thanks.”

Spike watched as Joyce left. There was something he wanted to do, but he wasn't sure if he should. If Buffy ever found out, she wouldn't be to happy about it, but in the end his caring heart won out. He ran out of the door and called for her. “Wait! Please, take this.” He said and fished his wallet out of his back pocket. He pushed a wad of money into her hand and closed her fingers around it. “Take it, I have more where that came from and you need it more than I do. I will talk to Buffy about you in a couple of months. See if she will call you up.” He smiled and handed her one of his contact cards.

Joyce looked at the money, then up at the kind man in front of her. Her eyes started to fill with tears and she smiled. “Thank you. You really love her don't you?” She asked as she put the card and money and in her pocket, never taking her eyes off of his.

"Yeah, I really do.” He smiled then turned around and went back into the room.

Fifteen minutes later, the shower was still going and Spike was getting really worried. He stood up and went over to the door and put his ear up to it. Like the first time she locked herself in the bathroom at his house, she was talking to herself. But this time he couldn't hear her as well because of the shower going. He was even more worried now, so he knocked on the door. “Buffy? Can you let me in, luv?” he asked and waited for her to respond. She kept mumbling to herself so he went to the dresser and picked up one of her bobby pins and tried to pick the lock.

He heard the telltale click and then he stood up again. “Buffy, I'm coming in okay? Don't be scared, I'm not going to hurt you.” He slowly opened the door and a big cloud of hot steam came out. He walked into the bathroom and noticed her standing by the mirror. She was just standing there, mumbling and staring at her foggy reflection, her hair was wet and she was wrapped in a towel but water was still dripping off of her.

She raised her hand and wiped the fog off the mirror, looking at her clear reflection for the first time. A small hand came up and she traced the bruise around her eye while the other prodded the bruises around her neck. “Why did I let him do this to me? I was so scared I didn't defend myself. Why would my own father hit me? Why...” she burst into tears and started to fall to the floor.

Spike reacted on instinct and caught her before she hit the floor and bruised her body further. He didn't know what to say as the guilt flooded his body. He kissed her forehead and pulled her closer to his body as he rocked them back and forth.

"I'm so sorry, Buffy. I shouldn't have made you come back.” He said as he rocked her. “He is a bad man. He doesn't deserve you in his life. I took care of it; he won't be bothering you anymore. I promise.” He whispered and pushed a damp piece of hair away from her face. “Look at me, Buffy.” he asked softly.

She turned and looked at him and put her hand on his face. He smiled down at her and kissed her sweetly on the lips. “I'm going to take care of you. I love you.”

"I know. I love you, too. I'm so tired. Can we rest now?” she asked as her eyelids fluttered shut.

Spike picked her up and carried her to the bed and laid her down gently, pulling the blanket up around her shoulders. He went the other side and settled in beside her. He pulled her into his arms and watched her sleep until he too, fell into a restless sleep.


Chapter End Notes:
Woot!! There has been a fic that I have been DYING to read! It was made for the lovely Brett's Birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRETT (if you read this fic lol) Anywho, it is called Three's Company and its by CallMeKitten. It is great so far but heed the warnings! Also, remember to review both this fic and Kittens fic... Reviews are food for our muses! Thanks!! *hugs for all*