Author's Chapter Notes:
*claps* PB beta'd!! Thank you!!
"Oi! Get away from...” Spike was cut off by Buffy's barely audible whisper.

“Angel?”


Spike stopped dead in his tracks and watched the awe play over Buffy's face. 'You have GOT to be kidding me!' He thought as he clenched his fists at his sides.

“Yeah, baby. I'm here now. Did this guy do this to you?” he asked as he peppered kisses over Buffy's bruises.

Buffy pushed Angel away from her and scowled at him. “No! He didn't, and you have no right to kiss me! What the hell are you doing?” she told him as Spike released a breath he didn't know he was holding.

He wanted to leave the couple alone, but he didn't want to let Buffy go that easy either. He stood in place and crossed his arms over his chest. He wasn't going to leave unless Buffy told him to, and even then he would only leave because he wanted her to be happy. “Buffy, do you need anything?” he asked softly.

“No. I'm going to step out into the hallway, okay? I need to talk to Angel.” She walked over to Spike and kissed him, an act of reassurance and love. Spike was still nervous about it though. “Don't worry, hun. He won't hurt me. Not physically anyway," she said and gave him a hug.

Angel followed her out of the door and instantly bombarded her with questions. “Are you okay? Do you need me to call the police? Is he abusing you? Why are you with a guy like him anyway? Who did that to you? Buffy, you need to --”

“Holy jeez, man. Calm the hell down! I am fine, no you don't need to call the police, he is not abusing me, I am with him because I love him and my father did this to me,” she answered and pointed to her bruises. “Now I want you to tell me why the hell you are here?!”

“Well.. I kind of work here. I thought that was obvious.”

“Yeah, I figured that part out. But I mean here.. in Sunnydale, here.”

“I came back a month after I left you. I missed you and I wanted you back. I've missed you, Buffy. I want to try again. Since your dad is out of the picture, we can be together without any fights!” He smiled and tried to pull her closer to him.

She pushed him away from her and laughed at him. “You think I want to be with you after I've been with him?” she said and pointed back at the door and faintly heard Spike snicker. “I love him and he has made me happier than you ever have. Why did you leave me anyway? You at least owe me that much.”

“Uhm... I don't think you want to know the answer to that,” he said and shifted his eyes, not wanting to look at her.

She grabbed his chin with her hand and forced him to look at her. “Tell. Me. Now.” She commanded.

“Fine! Let go!” he said and pulled his chin out of her grasp and took two steps back. “Yourdadpaidmetoleaveyou,” he said quickly, trying to not let her hear.

“Say that again? I didn't quite catch it.” She took a step closer.

“Your dad paid me to leave you,” he said somberly and looked at his feet, ashamed.

“Oh! Really! Okay, let me get this straight. My dad paid you to leave me, so you left. And then you see me again and all of a sudden you expect me to jump in your arms and everything is alright?! I don't think so! What did you run out of money? How much was I worth anyway?” she asked and opened the door so Spike could come out into the hallway too, knowing that he had heard the whole conversation anyway.

“Buffy, I don't think you need to know that either. Look, I will just go and we can forget this ever happened, okay? So I will just be going now.” Angel rambled and tried to turn around.

Spike shot his arm out and took hold of Angel's arm and turned him around. “I believe she asked you a question, mate. Better answer her,” he said in a scary monotone voice.

“Three grand.”

Before Angel, or even Spike knew what happened, Angel was laying flat on his back and holding his jaw. “Holy fuck, Buffy! You hit me!” he said and scrambled away from her.

“Get the hell away from me, Angel. I don't ever want to see you again, you hear me?! I swear I will do a lot worse then that if I do,” she told him as she walked through the door with Spike right behind her.

Angel got up from his spot on the floor and rubbed his jaw. He regretted his decision to leave her even more then he did when Hank had made the offer. He looked at the door with the love of his life on the other side with another man and shook his head in shame. “Idiot,” he said to himself and slowly walked away.

As soon as Buffy shut the door she turned around and attacked Spike with kisses. “Not that I don't mind... But why all the kisses?” Spike asked between said kisses.

“Nothing... I'm just a little happy. I feel better now; I have no parents holding me back, my ex-asshole gave me his reason for leaving me, and I have you. Nothing can make this any better.” She smiled and jumped up, wrapping her legs around his waist and kissing him again. This time she slipped her tongue in to play with his.

Her stomach growled and she pulled back. “Well... maybe one thing could make this better.” She giggled and rubbed her hot center on his hard cock.

“You want to go again, pet?” He growled and started to kiss her neck.

“Nah...” She giggled and jumped down from his waist. “I was thinking more along the lines of: Food equals yummy goodness!”


“Tease!” he hollered and swatted her bum.

Buffy squealed and jumped up onto the bed as Spike rolled the cart of breakfast over to her. “Can we leave tonight? Go back to New York?” she asked as she pulled her plate of 'yummy goodness' closer to her.

Spike picked up his own plate and settled in beside her. “Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too.” He smiled and dug in.

~~~~~**

THE NEXT DAY

They drove back from the airport and jumped out of Spike's car. They stood in the parking lot of his apartment building in silence for a minute, breathing in the city air.

Buffy reached out and took hold of his hand and they smiled at each other. “Home sweet home,” he said and kissed her.

She jumped up and wrapped her legs around him and giggled as he twirled her around. When he stopped and jumped down and smiled up at him. “Yeah, I agree.”

And she did feel at home. For the first time she was loved, accepted and cared for. She couldn't ask for anything more. They had both moved on from their pasts and were both embracing their futures. Together.


Chapter End Notes:
reviews? *innocent face*