Author's Chapter Notes:
read end notes
Chapter 6

Spike had gotten Buffy a blanket, which she was curled up with on the couch because she was cold. They hadn't said anything since they agreed to confide in each other, but Spike was determined to help her get whatever she needed out of her system, out. She was sitting there with the blanket clutched to her like it was a lifeline, tears glistening in her eyes like she was holding them back. He sat down beside her and took her hand in his. "Whenever you're ready, luv. Unless you want me to go first."

She looked up at him and gave him a little smile. "You’d go first?"

"Yeah, I would."

She nodded and looked at him imploringly, silently begging him to go first.

"Right. Okay, so when I was born, my parents were the happiest people in the world. My mum wasn't supposed to have children, because she had something wrong with her uterus. Anyway, I was their world. They did everything they could for me and made me a very happy child. So as I grew up I was teased at school for being a mummy's boy, I even had the look. Curly sandy blond hair hanging in my face, tweed suits and my nose in a book. So I started to rebel and created lots of unnecessary fights and problems for my parents. Staying out too late and sneaking out. Parties and drugs. I changed my look to what you see today, my name was changed to Spike all because I knew they would hate it. I did it all to spite them, to make myself more popular..." He looked down at his hands as he held back the tears that threatened to fall. He was really starting to regret this, but it was what he needed and it was what Buffy needed. So he bit back his sob, and continued.

"One night, I had been invited to a party, but my parents had said no. They told me that they were going out for dinner and that they trusted me not to sneak out to go to the party. That only made me want to go more. So when they left I did sneak out. I scoffed at their trust and went out of spite. To try to prove to myself and to my friends that I wasn't a mum's boy. I had fun at that party, I thought it was the best party I had been to because I wasn't supposed to be there. That all changed though." He Stood up and started to pace, the tears falling silently.

"So I get home, relieved to find out that my parents hadn't yet to be home. But it was late, I didn't know why they had taken so long for dinner. So I just went to bed because I was drunk as fuck. I hadn't even fallen asleep when there was a knock on the door. I was going to just leave it but the person knocked again..."

~FLASHBACK~

"Bloody hell! I'm coming!" He yelled into the silent house, grumbling as he got out of bed to answer the door.

Walking down the stairs he couldn't help but wonder why there was a knock on the door at two in the morning. As he neared the door, he seen police lights flashing in the driveway. He quickly opened the door to a police officer. "Hello, is this Mr. and Mrs. Pratt’s residence?" He asked, looking down at his notepad then back to Spike.

"Yeah, it is. I'm their son. They’ve gone out right now. What do you want?" He asked, letting his annoyance show.

"Well, it seems there has been an accident." The officer flipped his notebook closed and attached it to his belt. "Your father and your mother have been in an accident. I think that y--"

"What are you talking about?" Spike asked, shock and worry written all over his face.

"Your parents, they were on their way home from a local restaurant. Their car was hit by a drunk driver on the passenger seat side. It took up awhile to identify your parents. It was a transport truck."

Spike hated how the man was talking in such short, matter-of-factly sentences. "They... Th-they're all right though... right?" Spike was instantly sober. He was shaking with worry, he didn’t know what he would do if his parents were gone. He wouldn't be able to take it.

"I'm sorry, but the doctors were unable to save your mother. Your father is in critical condition though. Would you like me to drive you to the hospital so you can see him?"

"Yes, please. Take me to them." He said in a quiet voice.

~END OF FLASHBACK~


"So when they took me to the hospital, I was too late. My father had already passed. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I was 18, just fresh out of high school and I lost my parents. My world felt like it was crumbling, coming down in on me. I couldn't stay in London, so I moved to New York after my parents will was read. I inherited all of my parent’s money and belongings. Most of it is in storage right now. I havn't brought myself to go look through it. I hardly spend their money either."

He sat down beside Buffy and rubbed her leg. "The next part you might not like. But believe me when I say, this part of my life is over." He leaned over and kissed her forehead.

"When I moved here to New York, everything was new to me. The people, the accent, some of the food, even tea was different. It kept my mind off my parents and how horrible I was to them before they passed. I started to learn how to play the guitar and I wrote songs. One night, I went to a bar that had an open mic night...I brought my guitar and I signed up to play a song that night..."

~FLASHBACK~

Spike walked into the bar, his guitar in its case dangling by his knee. He walked to the counter and ordered a shot of whiskey while he wrote his name on the list. *First of the night, great.* "Make that two shots, mate." He said and put the pen down.

He took both of the shots and waited for his name to be called. He didn't know why he wanted to do this, he just felt like he should. For a little bit of closure he guessed.

He looked beside him and a woman sat down. She was beautiful. Long wavy black hair that hung just past her shoulders, her eyes a dark blue, a blood red velvet spaghetti strap and a black billowy skirt that ended just above her feet, which were in black strappy stilettos. Spike passed his eyes up and down this black godess. When he reached her face she was smiling at him like he had been caught checking her out. He blushed slightly and looked back at his drink. "It's ok, my sweet boy. I'm yours to look at. If you'll have me. My name's Drusilla."

He noticed her accent and vowed to know where she had grown up. His name had just been called so he stood up and promised a continuance of the conversation and went to the microphone.

~END FLASHBACK~


"After that night, I was enthralled by her. She had shown me things I never even dreamed. Every day was an adventure with her. I quickly found myself in love with her, but when I told her that, she looked me right in the eye and said 'I know, my sweet William, but I cannot be your girl anymore. To many fishes in the sea to stay with just one...' Which I had no bloody clue what she was talking about at the time, until a guy came in, found her and kissed the living hell out of her in front of me." He said clenching his jaw. He hated talking about it; it was something he liked to keep to himself.

"After he was done kissin' her, they looked at me and she laughed. Then she said 'Don't worry William. Your sunshine will come around someday.' And she walked away. But later I found out that she had been sleeping with every guy she could. Cheated on me through the whole relationship. It broke me in half. I didn’t understand how she could do that. Her friends told me she did it deliberately you know." He jumped up and started to pace.

"She picked me out of thousands of guys, made me fall in love with her, and then makes me into a bloody fool when she breaks up with me. She sent me the damn pictures after... you know! All of a sudden I'm looking at pictures of her getting fucked into next Tuesday and all I could do was look at the pictures and cry like a ponce. Then I get myself into meaningless sex, which is how Harmony comes into my life, bloody bint wouldn't take no for an answer. 'Oh Spikey, I want to be with you' I tell her no but she just keeps coming back and back and women are fucked up, they’re just--"

"In all fairness to my gender, Spike. I don't like to hear you bash us." She smiled gently and got up to hug him. "I'm sorry about your parents. I'm sure they know that you are sorry for how you behaved. As for Drusilla, she doesn't deserve you. She did that to fuck with your mind and your heart. I don't know who Harmony is, but I'll keep her away from you if you want me to." Then she looked away shyly. "I mean... Sorry, never mind."
"Hey." He said and took her chin in his hand, bringing her face around so he could kiss her gently. "Was that sex meaningless to you?"

"No, but I wanted it to be. So badly. But it wasn't. I don’t regret it; I only regret how fast we went. It wasn't meaningless to me." She moved in to hold him again, afraid of what he was going to say to that. If he did reject her, she wanted to hold on to this feeling of safety for as long as she could.

"Well, it wasn’t meaningless to me either. If you want to have a go at a relationship, I'm fine with that. But first." He brought her over to the couch and lowered them both gently, letting her curl up into his side. "It's time for your share time."

She let out a deep breath and looked into his eyes. "Is it okay if I skipped the Mommy and Daddy never loved me part?"


Chapter End Notes:
I want to thank EVERYONE who has read and reviewed on my story! I love you all!! I never expected all the positive feedback I have been recieving. I especially want to thank my wonderful betas Katie Thropp and Immortalangel08 for their awesome beta'ing skills and encouragement along the way and xaphania for the amazing banner *hugs* you guys are awesome

Also, a little shout out fo burnkitty, PaganBaby and callmekitten and everyone else for all the little pushes along the way to help me post and get started! Thanks loads! *hugs*

I was nominated for Best W.I.P and Best Angst a couple of days ago, who ever nominated me.. YOUR AWESOME!! I am very honored to just be nominated. Thank you soo much. You guys have no clue how much that means to me!

Sorry i didnt post chapter 7 yet, I'm having a little trouble with it but its coming along so not too much more of a wait. I am about half way through writing this story so there is still more to come.

Once again thank you to everyone!