Author's Chapter Notes:
This is an unbeta'd version so bear with me, will edit when It is beta'd. Thanks for reading and dont forget to review!! Thanks *hugs*
Spike loved spending time with her. Every moment that he wasn't working, he was either thinking about her, talking to her, or hanging out with her. She was perfect for him. They laughed, they talked, they argued. But they did everything while enjoying each other's company. He was falling for her quick and he couldn't help but smile. She might not feel the same for him yet, but that is the key word, yet. She might not love him yet, but it will come. He kept a positive outlook and hoped that one day she would be his.

After spending the last week with her, he decided it was a good a time as any to ask Anne for two weeks off of work. Of course Anne was great about it and even offered him vacation pay. He respectively declined the offer and promised her that he would be back as soon as he possibly could and left to start his 'vacation'.

He got into his black DeSoto and started the engine up, it was time to go pick up Buffy and start his closure. He was dreading going to the storage that he had all of his parents belongings in, but he knew he had to set an example for Buffy. She was more broken then he is. He felt if he couldn't prove that he could face his past and fix his problems, she would feel that there was no hope for her. He couldn't let her think that low of herself. So he took a deep breath and put the car in gear.

"Time to get over the past, and embrace the future, mate." He said to his reflection in the rear-view mirror and headed off to pick up Buffy.

________________________

He knocked on the door and waited for her to open. There was no answer, so he waited a little bit then knocked again. Again, there was no answer so he leaned his ear up to the door and knocked one more time. On the inside he heard some scuffling, a bang, a muffled "Fuck me! That hurt." he snickered and then knocked on the door again but this time with both of his fists... Very hard and fast.

"Hold. On! Jeez." She screamed from the other side and he started to laugh.

"Any slower and I will be a year older, luv," He said loud enough to be heard through the door. When she opened it she was wrapped up in a towel, her hair hanging in those damp waves he liked so much, he looked at her and smiled. Hopefully concealing the wave of lust that was currently making itself known to him. "Hello, kitten!" He laughed and took her into his arms for a hug.

He left her arms limp at her sides and sighed. "Your irritating, you know that?"

"It's not the first time you told me that. Except the first time I believe you said..." He tilted his head and thought about her previous insult. "Infuriating... Correct?" He asked and held her tighter, giving her the hint he wanted his hug returned.

"Well, your both! Infuriating and irritating. Don;t ever forget about it." She smiled back at him and wrapped her arms around him and squeezing.

"I wouldn't dream of it. I have a few choice words for you too, but we won't get into that right now." He chuckled and kissed her lightly on her lips.

She slapped him playfully on the arm. "Just give me a few moments to get myself all nice looking, then we will head out kay?" She untangled herself from his hold and went over to the dresser.

He watched her and held his breath. He wanted nothing more than to throw her onto the bed, unwrap the towel that covered her wet and naked body, then shag her senseless. But he had to practice restraint. It was very hard, considering that she was currently bent over and rummaging through the bottom drawer of the dresser. He brought his hand down to adjust himself, taking away some of the tightness in his pants. 'God, she is doing this to torture me. Why does she have to torture me?!' He thought to himself and turned around, took off his duster and draped it over the hook on the door.

When he heard the soft click of the bathroom door, he let out the breath he was holding and let his shoulders sag a bit. He was going to be horny all day now. He took of his shoes then laid down on her bed and turned on the T.V while he waited.

When a commercial came on, turned his head to the side and inhaled a deep breath through his nose, inhaling the smell of Buffy's hair from her pillow. 'She smells delicious. Why are you sniffing her pillow you pillock!' He groaned and rolled his eyes. He shot up from her bed, quickly put on his shoes and duster then let himself out for a smoke.

He was so lost in his own thoughts, he didn't hear Buffy come out side until she snapped her fingers in front of his face. "Huh? What? Oh... Sorry Buffy, I zoned out there for a minute. You ready?" He shook his head and threw the cigarette butt over the railing.

"Yup, I'm all prettied up and ready for some digging through Spike's past." She smiled up at him and linked her arm through his.

________________________

The drive to the storage units was made in comfortable small talk with random bouts of silence. They both knew that no matter how much they would rather spend the car ride talking and laughing with her, he needed to prepare. He needed to get himself ready for the dose of reality he had been unwilling to take before. As he made the final turn into the driveway she took a deep breath. 'You sure you can do this? Can you be strong for him?' She thought to herself as she played with her hands in her lap.

He pulled into a parking spot that was the farthest from storage unit #17, he wanted to prolong the inevitable a little more. He shut off the car and looked over toward Buffy. "What are you thinking about, luv?" He asked and reached for her hand.

"Lots of things." She sighed and reached for the door.

He leaned over and stopped her. When she looked at him he took a deep breath and looked deep into her eyes. "If you don't want to do this, you don't have to. You know that right?"

"I know. But I want to be there for you."

He put his hand on her neck and brought her closer for a chaste kiss. He rested his forehead against hers and held back some stray tears. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "Thank you." He whispered and kissed her again.

She simply nodded and pulled back. "Come on, hun. Let's do this. Together." She squeezed his hand and opened her door, stepping out into the afternoon sun.

He got out of his side and ran around to her side and took her hand in his. She offered him a small, reassuring smile and took the first steps, pulling him along with her. He was reluctant for the first steps but then he grew more confident. He had her beside him, he could do this. He could be strong and get through this.

The walk wasn't very long, he kept looking back and forth between the girl who own the hand he was clutching like a life line and the storage door he was dreading. "You can do this, mate. It's going to be fine. You can do this.' he thought to himself and squeezed Buffy's hand a little tighter as they stopped in front of the door.

Buffy looked up to the man that was currently looking like a scared little boy. "Spike," she said softly, turning to stand between him and the door. "Listen to me. You can do this. We can do this," She wrapped her arms around his body, pulling him into a tight embrace. "I'm here for you. I'm not going anywhere I promise."

He held on for a little bit longer and then he nodded mutely. "Okay." She said and leaned down to take hold of the door handle. "You ready?" She asked him, squinting her eyes to block out the sun rays his body failed to cover.

He nodded again and she gave the door a swift tug. Pulling the storage door up and letting Spike's memories of his parents be bathed in sunlight for the first time in three years.


Chapter End Notes:
I have been working really hard on my writing lately. Beta's are having to beta less and I'm cranking out chapters left right and center. I have written two for When She Smiles, another two chapter Spike's Journal series entry and I have started another fic called 'Years Gone By' which I have two chapters on. I have not posted any of the new fic yet, or the SJ entry yet but I will! Promise!! Tell me what you think of the chapter I love reading your reviews! *Hugs and smoochies!!*