Chapter 2

Cordelia --or at least a version of Cordelia-- stood in the Magic Box doorway with a blanket covered bundle in her arms. Her presence was a surprise because all of the Scoobies and Gunn had thought she was dead along with Angel, Wesley, and Fred.

"My pet has sustained much damage," Illyria said. Her icy expression surveyed the room.

"Angel's still alive?" Gunn asked.

"He is undusty," Illyria replied. "Is there somewhere we can rest?"

"He still owns the mansion," Faith said. "You can go there."

Illyria tilted her head as she scanned the shell's memories. "That will be sufficient." She turned, and she left the way she came.

"Well, that was interesting," Giles said thoughtfully. "Did you wish to follow, Mr. Gunn?"

Gunn shook his head. He didn't feel particularly close to either Illyria or Angel anymore. The final showdown with the Senior Partners had shown him that the vampire was only out for number one. Not to mention the fact that Angel still blamed him for his part in Cordelia's change into Illyria.

Buffy yawned. "I had a long day. I'm ready to crash."

"Understandable," Giles commented. "I'm sure coming here and finding Spike was a shock to the system."

"Why don't you give us the keys to the flat?" Spike held out his hand. "Me and my Slayer can settle in."

"There's food and blood in the fridge." Willow dug around in her purse, and she handed the keys to Spike. "The bed's made up. There's extra blankets in the hall closet, and the apartment came with cable."

"Sounds good." Buffy yawned again. "Got an extra stake for a sister Slayer?" She smiled at Faith.

"Sure. Got one for blondie, too B." Faith handed Buffy and Spike each a stake.

"Same old Faith." Buffy grinned. "Come by tomorrow, guys. We'll talk about the scythe and the gem." She gave Tara and Anya special smiles. "It was great seeing you again and meeting you, Mr. Gunn." Buffy took Spike's hand. He bid the Scoobies good-bye, and they strolled out of the Magic Box.

"Oh, I forgot to tell her that I put Mr. Gordo at the apartment," Willow said almost to herself. "Should we warn Joyce?"

"Didn't think of that," Xander said. "Maybe after they've retrieved the Crystal Heart. I have a feeling the next few days will be busy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, guys," Buffy greeted the Scoobies when they showed up at her door the next morning as she'd asked. "Spike'll be back with maps of Sunnydale in a few minutes."

"But it's still sunny," Xander protested.

Buffy shrugged. "Never stopped him before."

"Vamp on fire comin' through." A shout got their attention.

The Scoobies turned to watch a blanket-covered Spike race across the courtyard. He dashed past them into the apartment where he threw the blanket on the floor, and he stomped on it. "Here's the maps, luv." Spike handed Buffy a bundle of scrolls.

"Great job, Spike." Buffy smiled at the vampire before she turned to spread the maps out on the table.

"No problem," Spike chuckled. "I still have a bad rep in this Sunnyhell. The minions caved like a house of cards."

"Your joys are such simple ones." Buffy rolled her eyes. "Now the scythe is here at the vineyard." She pointed to the location of the Slayer weapon. "We might need to do a locater spell for its exact location."

Spike went to stand beside Buffy. He pointed to another spot on the map. "That's where the Amara treasure is. It only took a few days to dig it out, but this time I know the location."

"We'll concentrate on the Gem first," Buffy said. "Then the scythe."

It took Buffy, Spike, Faith, and the Scoobies two labor-intensive weeks to dig up the two items that were needed for the journey to the Crystal Heart dimension. The entire group was gathered at the Magic Box for a last hoorah before Spike and Buffy left to get the Crystal Heart when Illyria and Angel strolled into the store.

"What's going on here?" Angel asked. He looked around the room at the party items until his eyes landed on Buffy. "Buffy? Is that really you?"

"Hello, Angel." Buffy gave the dark-haired vampire a little smile. "Glad to see you're better."

"You're not dead," Angel whispered in disbelief. "How is that possible?" He was so focused on Buffy, he failed to notice Spike sitting next to her.

"Where I come from Xander did CPR on me after the Master drowned me." Buffy smiled again.

Then Angel noticed Spike sprawled in the chair next to Buffy. He growled, "What is he doing here? I thought he left Sunnydale years ago."

"He's with me," Buffy said. She gave Spike a heated look. "Your Spike might have left years ago, but my Spike kept coming back like a bad penny. Now, he's my partner, my right hand, and the man I love."

"He's a monster, not a man," Angel muttered.

Buffy rolled her eyes at Angel's posturing. She didn't have time to coddle a jealous, hormonal vampire pining for his long lost love. To change the conversation, she turned to Giles. "So, you were saying that we'll have three trials before we can get the Heart?"

"Yes." Giles nodded. "However my research can not find what the trials might be."

"No biggie." Buffy shrugged. "With the gem and the scythe, Spike and I can handle anything they throw at us." She was confident in her and Spike's abilities to overcome adversity.

"Spike will stab you in the back," Angel said. He wondered how terrible Buffy's life must have been for her to even think that Spike was worthy of her attention. "He can't be trusted."

Buffy sighed as she shook her head in disgust. "Angel..."

"He loves her," Tara said in a strong voice. "And she loves him. They're auras match which means they're totally in sync."

"You're actually going to do this, Spike. Whatever this is," Angel said with a sneer. "Give it up. You don't fool me."

Spike shrugged. He didn't give a rat's ass what this Angel thought. He knew Buffy loved him, and only him. She'd proved it over and over the past two weeks, in bed and out of it. "Wouldn't be the first time the Slayer and I've had to clean up a mess you made."

"You don't seem to be bothered by what's being asked of you," Gunn observed. He refused to acknowledge Angel. "I would think this would be difficult for you to do. I mean, being a vampire and all."

Spike looked at the bald-headed black man for a few moments. He had actually liked Gunn in the home dimension, and he had been sad when Gunn had died in the battle from the wounds he had received from the Senator's minions. Spike shrugged. "I followed Buffy into the Hellmouth with a few potential Slayers, her scythe, and an amulet from your Evil Incorporated. This should be a walk in the park compared to that."

"Don't sell yourself short, sweetie." Buffy smiled at Spike. She laid a hand on his leg. "He did a lot for me over the years, including looking after my sister when I was dead."

"Dead?" Faith blinked in surprise.

"Yeah, that's one of the things I've been putting off mentioning I guess." Buffy blushed. "I was dead for 147 days before Willow and the Scoobies resurrected me. It wasn't a really good time for any of us, and Spike helped me through it. Now, what time are we going for the Heart?"

"You can leave anytime you're ready, Buffy." Giles smiled at the blond Slayer. "Although, a good night's sleep might be an excellent idea, since I was unable to find out what the trials are."

"Sounds like a plan," Buffy replied. "What time tomorrow should we meet?"

"How about around nine?" Faith asked. "Hope doesn't have school."

"Neither do we." Willow indicated Tara and herself.

"Cool." Buffy rose to her feet, and she held out her hand to Spike. She gave him a grin when he grabbed the offered appendage, and he too climbed to his feet. "See you all in the morning."

As Spike and Buffy left the Magic Box, they could hear Angel demanding to know what was going on. Spike shook his head in disgust. This Angel was just as self-righteous as the last.

"What did I ever see in him?" Buffy muttered. She had talked to Gunn a few times over the past two weeks, and she had found out some of the things that Angel done, all the while proclaiming he was the Powers' chosen champion. She had been even more devastated when Spike had let slip that their Angel had a son with Darla. DARLA. Buffy shuddered just thinking about it.

"We're all allowed a few stupid mistakes, pet." Spike smirked at Buffy. He wanted to get her mind off the poofter.

"Race you home?" Buffy gave Spike another heated look, guaranteed to rev the vampire's engine. "Last one there is the sex slave." She took off as fast as she could run towards their apartment.

Spike let the Slayer get about a half a block head start before he started to run too. He knew Buffy got a thrill from being in charge, and he wanted her to be happy. Besides, didn't he always say he was her slave?

Buffy unlocked the apartment door, and she slipped inside. She quickly took her clothes off just before Spike arrived. Buffy wiggled her forefinger in invitation as the vampire closed the door behind himself.

"On you knees, Spike." Buffy gave the vampire a sultry smile.

Spike shrugged off his duster before he fell to his knees in front of Buffy. He watched with increasing arousal as Buffy placed one foot on a chair to expose her glistening wet cunt to his gaze.

"Eat me, vampire." Buffy's voice was raspy with want. "Use that demon tongue on my pussy." She moaned when Spike allowed the bumpies to come forth, and he pressed his face into the apex of her thighs with a growl. He licked and sucked at her heated flesh as he cupped her rounded ass with his cool hands.

Spike was all too happy to taste the Slayer's drenched pussy. He could spend hours nestled between her thighs, and he had in the past.

Buffy gripped Spike's hair to keep him in place as he brought her to the edge of orgasm in mere minutes. Just a few short weeks before she had thought she would never get to feel such intense pleasure again. As she felt her climax rip through her body, Buffy realized that her knees were about to buckle. She found herself flat on her back with an amorous vampire on top her body.

"I love you, Slayer," Spike murmured against Buffy's flesh. "Thank you for giving me yet another chance."

"Spike," Buffy crooned. "Thank you for giving me another chance."

Spike pulled his t-shirt off, and he closed his eyes in pleasure as he felt Buffy's hot hands grab at his cool body. She trapped his body between her limbs as she pulled his face down to hers for a kiss. Spike sucked in his stomach when Buffy unbuckled and unbuttoned his pants.

Buffy used both her hands and her feet to push the vampire's jeans down to his boots. She dragged her lips away from his, and she growled, "Fuck me, Spike!"

Spike used one hand to align his cock with her wet opening, and he slid into the Slayer's hot, tight quim with a groan. Every time felt like the first time with her. He knew it was a cliché, but it was true. It wasn't just how her body felt, but how he felt, deep inside his heart and soul.

"Fuck me hard," Buffy whispered.

"My pleasure, Slayer." Spike pulled back, and then he slammed his pelvis into Buffy's. He continued to pound into her until he felt her pussy flutter around his cock. Spike joined her in orgasm, filling her with his cool seed, but only because they had a long day ahead of them the next day. Personally he would have rather have shagged all night long.

"At least we didn't break anything," Buffy sighed happily. They had already broken the bed frame once since they had arrived in this dimension. Buffy remembered how embarrassed she had been when she had to ask Xander to come fix it for them.

"Maybe just Angelus this time around," Spike whispered in Buffy's ear. "He was about to knock when you ordered me to fuck you hard."

Buffy groaned before she chuckled. "Oh well, it's not like he's our Angel."

"Our Angel?" Spike lifted an eyebrow.

"You know what I mean." Buffy huffed. "We need to shower before we get some sleep. Let's go, slave. I expect to be pampered."

"As you wish," Spike said with a smirk.